AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 122 Rating
Perfect 10 3 6.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 17.02%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 23.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 19.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-28, 22:37   Link #61
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
2) She wanted the ability to fly, hence why she gave herself wings, but she realized that she was far slower in the air, so she decided to just get rid of them since they were only a hindrance.

Basically, she desired something that wasn't optimal for combat, and realized they were useless to her.
Woah woah woah

If this really is what happened, then this is a big no-no for me.

As far as I always understood, when it comes to Awakened Beings, they get with what they are stuck with in accordance with their power/potential at the time of the awakening -- they cannot get any stronger after that, regardless if their was still some latent potential they could have further arose through training in their awakened state, nor can they get any new abilities, powers, etc etc...

In other words, the idea that Hysteria "gave herself" wings, just can't be.

I'm willing to bet that, since it figures with her obsession with elegence, that getting wings was always going to happen with her - I myself predicted initially her AB form would be swan-like and, of course, would have graceful wings. Unfortunately for her, that didn't end up happening.

Point I'm trying to get across is, it's one thing if she was always going to have wings and, despite being flawed, she attempted to push some out in attempt to fly.....I certainly hope though that she didn't just magically get wings just because she always wanted them.

I think I'm just misinterpretating your words - when she first awakened, she had these wings already, so I think it was something then that she was always going to get, flawed form or no. Unfortunately for her, probably because of the flawed awakening, the wings were made only for combat and not necessarily for actual flight - she tried for that anyway, and it didn't work, which is what I think you're just trying to say.

As others have said, her form is very uncoordinated, uneven and heavy, so wings just doesn't work -- in her own way, ironically, she is very very unelegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis
3.) Why on EARTH is she still kicking their ass then!?
Because she's an Abyssal One, and it would be heresy if she actually lost to them. We don't need further material for the "power-levels are broken" people.
Old 2011-12-28, 22:49   Link #62
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
We don't need further material for the "power-levels are broken" people.
Don't say it as if we're suffering from some weird delusional disease.
I love Miria so I am forgiving in that regard, and I don't feel powerlevels are the foremost important aspect of Claymore so I am even more forgiving, but they are broken (or at the very least handled absentmindely of late or whatever) and even the new gen AOs wreaking deadly havoc first thing next year won't change that fact anymore

eh whatever I liked the pun on Hysteria actually being unelegant
Old 2011-12-28, 22:57   Link #63
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Don't say it as if we're suffering from some weird delusional disease.
I love Miria so I am forgiving in that regard, and I don't feel powerlevels are the foremost important aspect of Claymore so I am even more forgiving, but they are broken (or at the very least handled absentmindely of late or whatever) and even the new gen AOs wreaking deadly havoc first thing next year won't change that fact anymore

eh whatever I liked the pun on Hysteria actually being unelegant
You're right in that they are not the foremost important aspect of Claymore (thank goodness for that); I'm just hopeful that their aren't as broken as some people think they are - it doesn't help me though when they have very solid arguments though -___-

And as for Hysteria being unelegent, it's true -- I mean really, it's one thing to be creative, but you reaaaally got to stretch your imagination to see Hysteria's AB form as "elegant". It's a situation where, I feel, he was better off being more conventional and should have done something more "normal" and beautiful for her.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't see many people liking her appearance

But still; it's only been 2 chapters but we, or at least I, have been ranting on the ZAO's appearances for far too long now; I'll try not to keep bringing that up
Old 2011-12-28, 23:01   Link #64
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
I'm just hopeful that their aren't as broken as some people think they are
Amen to that

And yeah, I agree it's true but I still enjoyed the joke in it She totally lacks beauty & style. Guess she's more her name than nickname

edit: you should keep ranting. lez face it, noodles, horsey and ms.voracious had really good looking and creative designs. These three however feel like he tried but kind of failed. The only one marginally being acceptable is Cassy, and that is just because her facial expressions and the humor quality she brings in despite being a terrifying foe are pure gold (munch munch) - however, it is not her awakend form responsible for those aspects working out well. Roxy looks ok but her form doesn't really look like having much to do with her personality (words I might later have to eat depending on how much this chap changes our perspective on awakening ...)

Last edited by haegar; 2011-12-28 at 23:12.
Old 2011-12-28, 23:15   Link #65
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Since Awakened Beings, at least the notable ones, have symbolic representations that are also commonly tied to animals, Roxanne's form could have been like a chameleon or some animal in nature that possessing mimicry....it would have reflected her own mimicry of warrior's techniques, and been far more unique and fitting for her then what's basically just a more armored version of Riful's form.
Old 2011-12-29, 00:15   Link #66
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
(...)there is also Raftela who appeared in 3 chapters only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Wrong, Raphaela has been in 8 chapters not even including her time as the destroyer and/or hellcats and since chapter 93 has become merged with Clare... mysteriously that same chapter Clare's breasts got larger, clearly she deserves her high placement on the list due to that alone (...)
You mistook Raftela with Raphaela. But scratch "wrong" and the fragment you quoted and I agree. Although, technically you're not wrong by writing "wrong" since Raftela appeared in 4 or 5 chapters but only in 3 she had something to say and it was intentional exaggeration on my part to show how random she is ;P.
Old 2011-12-29, 00:16   Link #67
Fermat

Hm, reading reviews from a certain blogger. Apparently Hysteria is using the recoil from firing the blades around her waist to propel her body and further augment her speed. Quite an interesting approach to the blades rather than just having them as high-velocity projectiles.
Old 2011-12-29, 00:25   Link #68
fraktur
extraordinary freak storm

i hate this time of the month when the only thing that's missing is a translation. everytime this happens i also lurk at mh. and everytime i do this some of my braincells die (meanwhile miata is soloing the zaos)
Old 2011-12-29, 00:29   Link #69
Gooral
Banned

Don't forget it's only 29th of the month. Usually we don't have even spoilers at this day. I'm sure that gernot was busy with Christmas and other things and he might be busy with New Year party preparations. Who knows. But I'm pretty certain we will get a full translation before the January 10th ;P. I'm not in a rush since not much happens anyway, we've seen fights like these dozens of times in Claymore already.
Old 2011-12-29, 01:25   Link #70
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Raftela Raphaela

I think that you guys might be talking about different people.
This is what happens when I read the internet on my 2.5" cell phone screen while trying to eat a pizza at a pizza joint... I can't see anything and I forgot all about #10 and with the lame one letter difference forgot all about "ms fugly t" , so my mind just filled in Raphaela (can you blame me ). Plus she (RafTela) is possibly just about the worst plot device (and character) in the latest arc thus far besides Hysteria having a sword stuck in her throat, so who wants to remember her... even Nike is a better character (especially due to the bootleg joke, see spoiler)

Spoiler for pic:

I mean I get Clare and Clarice since there is parallels between the characters, but Rafaela (ラファエラ) and Raftela (ラフラ) have nothing in common.

But for the record Raftela is in 4.5 chapters (107, 114, 118, 119 (where only her yoki manipulation is seen but implied to be her) and 121) not 3 chapters

Quote:
Don't forget it's only 29th of the month. Usually we don't have even spoilers at this day. I'm sure that gernot was busy with Christmas and other things and he might be busy with New Year party preparations. Who knows. But I'm pretty certain we will get a full translation before the January 10th ;P. I'm not in a rush since not much happens anyway, we've seen fights like these dozens of times in Claymore already.

THE 10TH!!! WE ALWAYS GET THIS ISSUE ON OR BEFORE THE 29TH... HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEETER SO GET HIS ASS TO WORK, NO EXCUSES! HE CAN DRINK PLENTY WITH GIRLS ON THE 31ST AT SOMEONE ELSE'S PARTY OR A CLUB/BAR TOO! ()

Quote:
You mistook Raftela with Raphaela. But scratch "wrong" and the fragment you quoted and I agree. Although, technically you're not wrong by writing "wrong" since Raftela appeared in 4 or 5 chapters but only in 3 she had something to say and it was intentional exaggeration on my part to show how random she is ;P.
Raphaela was in chapters 38 (dialog), 50 (dialog), 63, 64 (dialog), 82, 84, 91, 92 (dialog)... so nope that still adds up to 8 chapters, though only 4 had dialog but not the 3 that you claim

Once again this doesn't include chapters 93-105 +109 where her body was a merged awakened being (and the Hellcats it spawned), yet her mind was in Clare during that period (and active in ch 93).

But seriously if it's the 10th he posts the translation I'm not going to thank him this month on MH

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-12-29 at 01:44.
Old 2011-12-29, 05:40   Link #71
haegar
mangaviking

let's assume for the moment gernot was possibly surprised by the relatively early release and not be overly impatient - also, while the 10th sounds ridicolously late, as it so happens most universities and school holidays for christmas go till around 7th/9th january here in germany - so if those dates were to apply to him (which I dunno), and should he be skying or whatnot over christmas and new year (which I also dunno)...but anyways, people have a life eh ?!
Old 2011-12-29, 06:27   Link #72
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
THE 10TH!!! WE ALWAYS GET THIS ISSUE ON OR BEFORE THE 29TH... HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BEETER SO GET HIS ASS TO WORK, NO EXCUSES! HE CAN DRINK PLENTY WITH GIRLS ON THE 31ST AT SOMEONE ELSE'S PARTY OR A CLUB/BAR TOO! ()
I'm starting to think you're not (and were not) joking.
That's how you sound:
Quote:
Ye thanks, but little faster plz
and that's how some people react to it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigh
Don't request we go 'faster,' please. We're doing this without compensation because we love the manga. Treating us like trained monkeys is quite insulting.

Above you will see a comment for newest Vinland Saga chapter published on a site of a certain scanlation group. It's rather annoying when you expect someone to do something fast, good and for free just because you want it.

Quote:
(...) Raphaela was in chapters 38 (dialog), 50 (dialog), 63, 64 (dialog), 82, 84, 91, 92 (dialog)... so nope that still adds up to 8 chapters, though only 4 had dialog but not the 3 that you claim
OK, why are you talking about Raphaela again?
Old 2011-12-29, 06:39   Link #73
haegar
mangaviking

ryus is always talkin about raphaella
Old 2011-12-29, 08:15   Link #74
Kain999

Quote:
BTW, does anyone else find the choice of characters (and the order) shown on official Claymore page interesting?

Who can do a proper translation?

it seems that the description for Rene says she is dead.
And for Tabitha, it says her sensing abilities rivals that of Galatea....
(Which obviously is not true...)
Old 2011-12-29, 08:20   Link #75
Kain999

Quote:
Woah woah woah

If this really is what happened, then this is a big no-no for me.

As far as I always understood, when it comes to Awakened Beings, they get with what they are stuck with in accordance with their power/potential at the time of the awakening -- they cannot get any stronger after that, regardless if their was still some latent potential they could have further arose through training in their awakened state, nor can they get any new abilities, powers, etc etc...

In other words, the idea that Hysteria "gave herself" wings, just can't be.

I'm willing to bet that, since it figures with her obsession with elegence, that getting wings was always going to happen with her - I myself predicted initially her AB form would be swan-like and, of course, would have graceful wings. Unfortunately for her, that didn't end up happening.

Point I'm trying to get across is, it's one thing if she was always going to have wings and, despite being flawed, she attempted to push some out in attempt to fly.....I certainly hope though that she didn't just magically get wings just because she always wanted them.

I think I'm just misinterpretating your words - when she first awakened, she had these wings already, so I think it was something then that she was always going to get, flawed form or no. Unfortunately for her, probably because of the flawed awakening, the wings were made only for combat and not necessarily for actual flight - she tried for that anyway, and it didn't work, which is what I think you're just trying to say.

As others have said, her form is very uncoordinated, uneven and heavy, so wings just doesn't work -- in her own way, ironically, she is very very unelegant.

Because she's an Abyssal One, and it would be heresy if she actually lost to them. We don't need further material for the "power-levels are broken" people.
I think Hysteria said that before she awakened, she was already the fastest warrior on land and her only wish was to soar to the skies and thus her awakened form has wings.
Old 2011-12-29, 08:49   Link #76
Milia_Genei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
Who can do a proper translation?

And for Tabitha, it says her sensing abilities rivals that of Galatea....
(Which obviously is not true...)
Is there a possibility for someone to translate this part about Renee? I am curious - Is she dead or not? And this could solve my question. Is it formal? Who wrote this? Those are publisher's notes or Yagi's notes? Publisher's are sometimes not exactly correct.

Quote:
It is a good thing. I like when someone has a favourite character. I have the same with Miria character, but I don't talk about her, 'cause I don't know English well.

What we really fighting for?
Old 2011-12-29, 09:02   Link #77
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milia_Genei View Post
(...) It is a good thing. I like when someone has a favourite character. I have the same with Miria character, but I don't talk about her, 'cause I don't know English well.
Then you should start talking about her on this forum and post more. Besides, your English is not bad IMO, when I started writing here over 4 years ago my English was even worse but I've improved thanks to talking and reading here. It still sucks but for the most part people understand what I'm trying to say. And you're perfectly understandable, seriously.

As for Lune/Renee, that's certainly interesting she's listed as dead.
Old 2011-12-29, 09:36   Link #78
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain999 View Post
Indeed, it says she couldn't escape from Riful and died. (But I guess we can't be sure this isn't just some staffer making an assumption.)
Old 2011-12-29, 09:52   Link #79
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka
Indeed, it says she couldn't escape from Riful and died.
Well, that was one half of the possibilities, wasn't it? Alongside the other interpretation that she may indeed be alive and escaped her and Riful was just monologuing - hence, why everyone played it safe and just listed her as "MIA" until something else happened.

It's been ages since then though and, personally, I think it's better to just list her as dead - it's just been too long and I'd rather not see her suddenly show up and reveal to everyone that she's alive, particularly in the middle of saving somebody.

Yagi can only stretch miracles so far before any darkness/dread/fear-of-death etc, is gone from this story. Give us a mass massacre at Staff where tons of trainees or something dies....I know that's a gruesome thing, but it would at least remind us that story hasn't just slowly transitioned to something more conventional and less interesting.
Old 2011-12-29, 10:05   Link #80
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I'm starting to think you're not (and were not) joking.
Me? Not joking?

Ok, so who do you think hacked my account then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooral View Post
OK, why are you talking about Raphaela again?
I never stopped talking about her
Quote:
Someone who understands me!