AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-09-06, 20:19   Link #4721
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Send a message via AIM to ManiacalTyrant Send a message via MSN to ManiacalTyrant
Here's my Char's Zaku II Ver. 2. I painted him with my airbrush and finished it with a Mr. Super Clear Matte spray. I also accented and painted the inner frame, with gunmetal paint and silver/ gold for the actuators and red for the thrusters. I sprayed the gun with a silver base and candy-coated clear black on it. The Char figure was drybrushed.

Look, you see my PG RX-78's leg!

Last edited by ManiacalTyrant; 2007-09-09 at 16:11. Reason: Fixing link.
ManiacalTyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 21:52   Link #4722
aikming

Asking on behalf of my friend who has a PG Wing Zero custom

1. Can the action base (suitable for MG) sold by Bandai suitable/support for 1/60 Gundam figure?

2. Is there any place that sell or stand that can support the 1/60 PG figure?

Thanks.
Old 2007-09-10, 22:10   Link #4723
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

1. No way in hell.
2. Make his own.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 14:34   Link #4724
GameraBaenre

As some of you may know, we currently have our contest themes scheduled to December. So to get an idea on how we should plan out next year's themes, we'd like to get some feedback to the ideas people have already submitted for future MMC contest themes.

If you have a theme idea, feel free to post the idea up. There are currently 4 pages of ideas with 15 ideas per page:
Ideas page 1
Ideas page 2
Ideas page 3
Ideas page 4

Popularity and post rank will help determine next year's contest theme lineup. We'd like to get maximum participation so this invariably will be a popularity contest. Again, if you have a great idea for a contest, do not hesitate to post the idea!
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 17:15   Link #4725
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Send a message via AIM to ManiacalTyrant Send a message via MSN to ManiacalTyrant
No one likes my Zaku.

T_T
Old 2007-09-12, 13:00   Link #4726
jbui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacalTyrant View Post
No one likes my Zaku.

T_T
lol

looks great, u have any pics of ur othe rmodels?
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 20:10   Link #4727
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Shoulda used my digital camera on these: I just used my Mac's cam...Poor Zeta, get battle raped.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:07   Link #4728
jbui

XD never really liked battle damaged models
jbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 02:36   Link #4729
GameraBaenre

For tips on better photography: http://gamerabaenre.com/photography.htm
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 04:21   Link #4730
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Here's my Char's Zaku II Ver. 2. I painted him with my airbrush and finished it with a Mr. Super Clear Matte spray. I also accented and painted the inner frame, with gunmetal paint and silver/ gold for the actuators and red for the thrusters. I sprayed the gun with a silver base and candy-coated clear black on it. The Char figure was drybrushed.
- Hooyah! I normally don't like "Innerframed" displays, but this one...

It has 3 Times the Awesomeness!

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 07:10   Link #4731
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Quote:
It has 3 Times the Awesomeness!

Thanks for the comment.
Old 2007-09-13, 15:31   Link #4732
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

I'll post pictures of some of my other models soon.

I guess.
Old 2007-09-14, 19:59   Link #4733
Paininator

Quick question - what should i get? The MG kampfer model kit, or the zeonography Kampfer action figure? they're botht he same price, and i can't decide = /
Paininator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 06:43   Link #4734
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Depends. If you want something to build and look totally awesome, get the MG. If you're a lazy butt and want to get a just-for-dsisplay action figure, get the GFF.
Old 2007-09-15, 20:37   Link #4735
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Here's what I'm working on now. It's a diorama made from the old 0080 Z'Gok E that I built a long time ago. It 'died' when it fell off a shelf and snapped both its arms and one of its legs off, so I recently dug it up, and decided to give it a more glorified death. The pictures make it very blurry, and it kinda makes it so you can't see most of the details I added.

Here you can see some of the added detail I did for the right arm.

I have no idea where the beam saber sticking out of Z'Gok's sorry face was from. I just...found it.

I primed it and airbrushed it in a matte grey to bring out some the details (it came in an ugly bluish color), ripped off the stickers and weathered it using pastels and a dark gray wash. It's not complete yet (duh). So...any suggestions?
Old 2007-09-16, 01:43   Link #4736
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
I have no idea where the beam saber sticking out of Z'Gok's sorry face was from. I just...found it.
Lol that's the funniest line I've read all morning. This looks to be a long morning too

Funny thing is, it looks like his neck, or his....upper body, I can't tell if that's his sorry face

As for suggestions, maybe if you can find one of those Lego skeleton mini-figures and bury it halfway somewhere near the poor Z'Gok, that would look interesting

Or stick a rifle into the sand and put a little Army helmet on it, gotta honor the dead you know
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 08:53   Link #4737
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

I call it his 'face', even though it's stuck just beside his nipple vent.

Update: redid some of the weathering and painted the clay. Added Zeonic and Zeon (etc.) stickers on the Z'Gok.
Old 2007-09-16, 16:16   Link #4738
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Update on the Z'Gok diorama. I have yet to frame the base. But it will be done...some day before Hell freezes over.

You can (kinda) see the stickers I put on Z'Gok, and what I did to the clay.

Here's the one that raped Z'Gok so badly - the RX-79 G. Yes, I am aware that one of his legs are unpainted. Masking was a PAIN with this guy, I swear. Strangely, he looks small beside the Z'Gok. o.o

Here's the rough positioning of the MS'.

Rust-oleum is actually a very good paint for your models. The one I used is "Sandstone Accents". I primed the surface with Mr. Surfacer dabbed on a dry brush, giving it that 'gritty' look.

Last edited by ManiacalTyrant; 2007-09-16 at 16:43.
Old 2007-09-16, 19:30   Link #4739
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

been a long time since I posted something... ^ ^;;
I've been building the AkoHobby 1/100 Spartan Conversion kit since last week and if you like you can see the WIP pictures at below links.

Part1
Part2
Part3
*sorry these are in Korea. Haven't had time to post with English description yet... Once finished I may update with English explanation but I'm sure pictures will be suffice in explanting things I've done...

Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the AkoHobby conversion kit but I'd like to make it in the style I'm more interested - which is streamlined appearance rather than bulky add-on look...
I already met few who disagree with me on this and that's perfectly ok~
After all I build kits to satisfy me, not others - unless paid to do that is...
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 19:43   Link #4740
ManiacalTyrant
Total. Annihilation.

Edited RX's paint (it's now red, instead of green), put some cast iron color on the chest, antenna and shield area, did the 'mouth' piece, and added some (barely-noticible-on-camera) weathering (but you can see some of it on his soles). And why is my Zaku so much clearer compared to the diorama in this picture? It's supposed to be background T_T

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy