Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-13, 19:52   Link #1101
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can come up with a few characters that used that costume design before Sheryl, so it's not a Sheryl knock-off.
i know, but she looks the best out of all the other ones, suzumiya haruhi is second in that outfit, imo
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 09:02   Link #1102
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
Episode 24 killed the anime for me. Why? Because Rito becomes decisive. Decisive Rito = No more scenes focused on the girls who are totally in love with him. Also, this pretty much means that Yui's not going to make anymore important appearances.
ep 24 didnt kill it for me but its just really diappointed me. they should/\'ve run with the shy lala and left out the world domination crap. it jumps back to filler eps just when it seems to be heading in the right direction once again. if they run with the world domination crap in the final eps then its still filler eps. we need yui back.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 12:19   Link #1103
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Alright DKZ you did not lead me astray it was a fun episode. *Sticks a cookie in the appropriate slot*

See what happens when you take a manga chapter and expand them like this one and the cafe one...The show stops being abysmal yay. Heh but yea I enjoyed Lala's range of personalities and her VA did a fantastic job bringing them all to life.

Shame noone gave Domination Lala a horsewhip though...that would have completed the look perfectly.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 12:37   Link #1104
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Well, at least we now know the show has a plot.

I wonder if they'll actually go as far as to making Rito pick one over the other between Lala and Haruna (I know some of you think Lala won because he says that he likes her at the end, but his eyes on Haruna didn't necessarily come off in my opinion).

If they do decide to bring the show up a notch and do this, it would really be a heartbreaking moment *hoping to watch it happen*

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 08:45   Link #1105
Shin Muhammad
Putting Truth First.
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Shin Muhammad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
Well, at least we now know the show has a plot.

I wonder if they'll actually go as far as to making Rito pick one over the other between Lala and Haruna (I know some of you think Lala won because he says that he likes her at the end, but his eyes on Haruna didn't necessarily come off in my opinion).

If they do decide to bring the show up a notch and do this, it would really be a heartbreaking moment *hoping to watch it happen*
Agree with that. Now I know it's not only just a fanservice show.

Because I haven't read the manga, I think it's interesting to look this show's movement until the last episode...

Hope good ending, but a sadd ending is fine, too

Indonesian Railfans
Shin Muhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 22:59   Link #1106
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Muhammad View Post
Agree with that. Now I know it's not only just a fanservice show.

Because I haven't read the manga, I think it's interesting to look this show's movement until the last episode...

Hope good ending, but a sadd ending is fine, too
Nah... The final plot maybe interesting but for me if they stick more manga the show definitely great...

If they show even one Yui chapter I will very happy....
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 16:11   Link #1107
Kristen
*Author

Since when was TLR good?
Spoiler for TLR 25:
Old 2008-09-18, 17:48   Link #1108
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Since when was TLR good?
Spoiler for TLR 25:
Um....HUH?!
Old 2008-09-18, 18:14   Link #1109
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Um....HUH?!
Just seemed like that. I only had 5 minutes to check it.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-18, 18:17   Link #1110
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for TLR 25 - War of the Worlds:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 21:31   Link #1111
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep25:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 15:40   Link #1112
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Only way I would forgive them for not doing a Haruna ending is if we get a S2...As much as the show has annoyed me at times I need more Haruna/Yami/Mikan goodness...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 17:25   Link #1113
zibi88

The ep26 title says "Lala" so from this title you can say what ending it will have ^^

I see something like Rito trying his best but the further they go the harder it gets so Lala seeing her precious friends getting hurt in order to get to her will stop the game (in order to save them) but as a result she will leave earth along with her friends and Rito who she really loves.

After Lala disappeared Rito started to understand that the one he really loves is Lala not Haruna so he confesses to Haruna his decided feelings and goes after Lala

In preview we saw Ren so mostly Ren will help Rito to get to Lala (planet or her ship) by his flying car... Rito will meet wil Lala and will confess to her (she could simply tell that Rito becomed her one in the universe most important person).... well after leaving earth Lala was crying bitterly and was sad so when Rito cames her smile came back so Lalas dad finaly agrees to the weeding ^^ (since he sees that Lala is happy only with that guy)

Hmmm in last sec. of the preview we see Rito running in a a grass field and the sun is set so mostly after lala's annoucment he runns to the end game place but the ship started into space so here comes the upper part what I wrote ^^ but it ends up Lala and Rito returning to earth officialy as a couple and everyone is happy even Haruna since she is happy that her friend Lala retuned and that Rito is happy too

Personaly I think that Haruna doesnt deserve to end up with Rito at the end... well all what she done was sitting at her ass not doing a single move to finaly confess.... she woke up somehow after Lala come and was saying loud that she loves Rito (love rival and very powerfull stealing the person she likes) yet from this point she didnt made a clear move to confesion ;/. Lala in particular was doing everyting for Rito well she lacks of comon sense with those inventions but she didnt have any love experiance yet she tryes her hardest to gain attention from Rito (and his feelings)

Hmmm the RitoxLala ending is somehow shown in ending scences ^^ there is only Haruna that might symbolize lost love and her desire to be with the one she loves yet its immposible :P (hope so XD.... sorry for Haruna fans.... but everyone has their own liking ^^)

I wonder if they could go further into weeding scene XD like after Lala flew away from earth Gid annouced to her that he chosed Lalas partner and the weeding will have place in 1 or few days... the weeding day came the parner is waiting at the altar Lala is coming very sad but when she cames to the altar she notices that the marry partner is Rito (who went after her when she left earth) and her smile along with tears of joy came immediately after that both could come to earth as a marry couple ^^ heheh this idea came from many movies so why not :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:04   Link #1114
X207
Gamyūsa

the only parts that kept my interesets were yui's appearances and one dream. that dream consists of
ep 25
Spoiler:
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 01:03   Link #1115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

mmmm, I don't know that the title of the last ep tells us *anything* about "who wins".

At this point, I've mostly stopped watching the series other than to track the summaries with the idea of re-picking it up if things changed. But it looks like this could easily in at least 3 totally different ways including a quick succession of false endings with a final non-ending.
Old 2008-09-21, 09:13   Link #1116
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Only way I would forgive them for not doing a Haruna ending is if we get a S2...As much as the show has annoyed me at times I need more Haruna/Yami/Mikan goodness...
I feel like this is the way both Japanese and American viewers feel. Even though we've complained about manga deviations and stupid episodes, we love the show, and want more. Next Spring, kanna?
Old 2008-09-21, 09:16   Link #1117
Midonin
Last Engage

Sure, I'd be up for another few more episodes. Maybe they could even get Nana and Momo animated.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:00   Link #1118
MarthX

To Love Ru would've been a lot better as 13 episodes.

1. "The Girl Who Decended" (1)
2. "Engagement Cancelled?!"(2)
3. "Triangle Relationship" (3)
4. "The Queen's Written Challenge" (5)
5. "Alien Assassin" (6)
6. "This Is How It Should Be For Every Man!" (7)
7. An Honest and Pure Disciplinarian" (8)
8. "Golden Darkness" (11)
9. "The Number One Man in the Universe" (13)
10. "Secret of the Two" (14)
11. "While Shying Away" (24)
12. "The Last Night of Earth" (25)
13. "Lala" (26)

If you only watch those episodes, it's pretty good.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:58   Link #1119
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What's a good show without meanless filler.

And I finally watched episode 1 DVD version. Uncensored Lala...oh my

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:19   Link #1120
Kristen
*Author

Sigh... Why must To Love Ru end? It's one of those shows that mean something more to me, and it's finally ending... Six months and it's gone.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec