AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-01, 19:37   Link #241
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I will say this though......to be honest, I've never seen a month like this: a month where everybody responds and talks to eachother as if everyone's already read the chapter....and the chapter isn't even out yet .

I know the spoilers and pictures are undeniable and pretty much reveal what happens.....still....it's not like the chapter is even out yet
Old 2010-09-01, 19:38   Link #242
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
But don't worry, time heals everything
Tell that to Clare... or any of the other ghosts. They are still reeling from all that they've gone through in there lives. Over time one can find the strength to go on and move forward... but never does one truly escape the pain over any amount of time.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:38   Link #243
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

its sad to see Miria getting killed by going insane....thinking Hilda is alive and all...kneeling...crying and smiling at the same time and then being shredded to pieces....but I also think her death is necessary for the plot to move forward....
Old 2010-09-01, 19:40   Link #244
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I will say this though......to be honest, I've never seen a month like this: a month where everybody responds and talks to eachother as if everyone's already read the chapter....and the chapter isn't even out yet .

I know the spoilers and pictures are undeniable and pretty much reveal what happens.....still....it's not like the chapter is even out yet
It used to be like this every month but some of the old timers don't show up much nowadays.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:42   Link #245
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It used to be like this every month but some of the old timers don't show up much nowadays.
Yeah... keep trying to get gangsta off the irc but he seems happy there...
Old 2010-09-01, 19:44   Link #246
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Really? I've been here for over a year and don't remember this, unless this was back in 2008 and earlier :/.

As always though, I do find it funny when I see the same faces who only show up when their's a new chapter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotome
its sad to see Miria getting killed by going insane....thinking Hilda is alive and all...kneeling...crying and smiling at the same time and then being shredded to pieces....but I also think her death is necessary for the plot to move forward....
Really?

Interesting, tell me why; I went into Korinov already on the characters typically leaving behind legacies when they die and the necessity of the plot moving forward....I feel like Miria has mountains of unused potential left, but why do you think her time had come?
Old 2010-09-01, 19:45   Link #247
Nixl

@Joe, that saturated picture you posted shows a lot. I think I was totally wrong by just how the saturation changed that pic. Concentrating on the grainy lines messed my perception of the scene. The grain made is seem like a different shape when it did share the blood sprays.

I should have messed with the saturation, not with the lines from the beginning.

I apologize to Ryus, MisterJB, and anyone else who had to sit through that garbage. I definitely jumped the gun, just like Rene all those chapters back. I do apologize to everyone. I guess I should take some time before I bother to post again.

I'll keep watch
Old 2010-09-01, 19:46   Link #248
Skirata
That One Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Alstreim View Post
Er, I got some news from baidu saying Miria is dead. Christ!! I don't want to believe this. I still remember how astonished I was when seeing the death of Flora.

??? ?yQongahxCI ?2010/09/01(?) 10:51:06 ID:b36x6mc90
?????

????????????
????????????
???????????????????????

OK, I hope it is not true, after all the chapter hasn't come out yet.
I called it.......
Old 2010-09-01, 19:46   Link #249
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I was wondering the same thing erlier It just doesn't really make sense. Though when we take into consideration how Raphaela and Clare met in dream...who knows what could happen.
Also as I said earlier why don't they (the MiBs) just use this (weird No10 power) on AOs and Prissy to make them kill themselves (commit suicide)?

Oh and one last thing before I go sleep -> see no Miria there except part of what appears to be a leg and a lot of blood.
Spoiler for picture:

The Claymore in red should be the one the shrimp impaled Miria with earlier. Also considering the direction of the blows and that one Claymore Miria show be facing the same was as the blood - looking upwards. Maybe that Claymore is the one being held by the "greeninsh" Claymore, though the one that piereced Miria will be just gone in that case. If it's pointing towards or away from us the blood should be flying towards your screen and it's not doing that.

However, I must point out that (maybe partly due to the scan) those warriors have a very weird anatomy and considering the size of the image Miria isn't probably even drawn. What I mean is that all the blood is there to indicate serious injureis and we have no way to know what happened to Miria since she isn't even in the picture. Of course you might say she was already buthered but most of the Claymores aren't even there and also we would have seen body parts around. Simply put there's a lot of blood to hide the fact that there isn't a body there.
Go wild with theories
You are right....maybe she did a phantom move......that just brings hope to Miria fans....lol.....
Old 2010-09-01, 19:46   Link #250
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i'm confused.. was this the trump card rubel was talking about? it's so sad that miria had to die in such a matter. but it'll spell more screen time for raki.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:47   Link #251
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
@Joe, that saturated picture you posted shows a lot. I think I was totally wrong by just how the saturation changed that pic. Concentrating on the grainy lines messed my perception of the scene. The grain made is seem like a different shape when it did share the blood sprays.

I should have messed with the saturation, not with the lines from the beginning.

I apologize to Ryus, MisterJB, and anyone else who had to sit through that garbage. I definitely jumped the gun, just like Rene all those chapters back. I do apologize to everyone. I guess I should take some time before I bother to post again.

I'll keep watch
Nixl....what are you talking about, you didn't do anything, Relax; you're freaking out over nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarakiss
i'm confused.. was this the trump card rubel was talking about? it's so sad that miria had to die in such a matter. but it'll spell more screen time for raki.
Hah, oh you I guess I can't deny that

Who's the trump card? We don't know! Everyone's freaking out over Miria's death, we don't even know that . It would be awkward if we never find out, though Miria's slayer could very well be the trump card.

Rest in Peace Big Sis
Old 2010-09-01, 19:50   Link #252
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
Yeah but they could do this trick to Raki... "Clare!!!" [start hacking]
Old 2010-09-01, 19:54   Link #253
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yeah but they could do this trick to Raki... "Clare!!!" [start hacking]
nah~ a trick like that can only work once. and miria was sadly a victim of it.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:54   Link #254
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
You are right....maybe she did a phantom move......that just brings hope to Miria fans....lol.....
Well she's lost an arm at least unless it's someone else's

I still think it's going to be a classic Yagi tease.
Old 2010-09-01, 19:57   Link #255
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
nah~ a trick like that can only work once. and miria was sadly a victim of it.
Who says that was the limit of it's power and when did Raki see this technique so he could defend against it?
Old 2010-09-01, 19:59   Link #256
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Well she's lost an arm at least unless it's someone else's

I still think it's going to be a classic Yagi tease.
I hope Newhope....if it is, I think I'm gonna flip out, but in a good way

I think though, we can safetly rule out the zombie Flora, Undine and all the horrors the first spoiler implied. Phew!
Old 2010-09-01, 19:59   Link #257
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Who says that was the limit of it's power and when did Raki see this technique so he could defend against it?
he won't be a victim of this lame trick i'll tell you that! besides, they wont use this on him, now that he's the property of the org.
Old 2010-09-01, 20:01   Link #258
MalakTawus

Quote:
Your making the same mistake again your going by what "we" know about the ORG not what she and the Ghosts know, she investigated the ORG in death and didn't find anything about expirements apart from the twins how is she to know that the ORG had anything else up there sleeves other than what they've already shown.
What the hell are you talking about?I'm absolutely not doing that mistake.
Miria knew about the developement of the soul link,so it was HIGHLY possible that the org would have continued to develope the technique further with new twins.
Proof that i'm not doing what you say is that when i said that it was obvious that the org had some secret weapons it was A LOT BEFORE than Miria decided to do her stupid move.
No matter what you say,Miria knew very well the org and it was uber stupid to think that the org would have moved carelessly without having some secret weapon to protect themselves.
Not only that,after what Diet said to her ,she should have understood that the org during those 7 years had done something strange.
Whith just the info that she had at that moment anyone with a brain would have understood that a solo-attack against the org was an idiotic plan.
I like Miria a lot,but i'm not blind,she acted like an idiot and died in a useless battle.

Quote:
And I think your underestimating Dietrich Helen,Deneve and Galatea all seem to respect her already.
No,i'm not understimating Diet.
They respect her as a warrior 'cause she is quite good and have a lot of intelligence about the org,from this and saying that they can respect her as their leader there is a HUGE gap.
Diet was in deep sh*t even against a normal AB,she is at best at the level of one of the good warriors in Pieta and she doesn't know the pain that the ghosts have endured,she doesn't have the strenght to sustain the weight of that leadership.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2010-09-01 at 20:16.
Old 2010-09-01, 20:04   Link #259
Nixl

Quote:
Nixl....what are you talking about, you didn't do anything, Relax; you're freaking out over nothing

(
guess that looked a little more dramatic than I meant it to be. It was more a /facepalm than anything else, because of how simple of utility all that would have been earlier.

Really such a subtle change made all the difference. Oh well. Although...does that mean Miria could be alive?
Old 2010-09-01, 20:06   Link #260
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
.........I don't even know what to say to that. Why do you even bother replying, if you aren't reading what I say in it's entirety? Smugness is one thing, sarcasm is another....but come on
Don't worry, this will be my last reply. Just a tip: the fact that someone disagrees with your reasoning or conclusions doesn't imply that person is not listening to what you say.

Quote:
I do find it funny though when you say nobody has plot armor, but you give Claire and Helen the exceptions . What's so special about them? Claire's role as protagnist is technical at best, and Helen's comedy means nothing. When was Claymore ever about comedy anyway? The very fact that Helen and Deneve survived so much of their own stupidity, especially in the South, but Miria dies, only adds to the ridiculous nature of her death.
Well, it's pretty usual for the protagonist to have plot armor. Specially when he or she is the leading character and the 'engine' of the entire story... oh wait, that's what a protagonist tends to be. And for Helen, I bet she'll die sooner or later... but really, if she's the only comical relief in the entire series, that's quite more than 'nothing'... writers tend to care a lot for these kind of characters, specially when there's only one of them in the entire cast.

Quote:
Not even sure why you keep think the fandom has gone soft either, with all the other deaths that have gone on either, like I said in my post. You think nobody was as equally affected by the deaths of Riful, Isley, Alicia, Beth, and Dauf, and the brutality of their deaths as well?
Of course some people were affected, and we have to watch the usual 'oh god riful is dead claymore has jumped the shark' and 'without isley this is ruined forever' that rises every time an important character dies in any manga. The thing is, for most of the story they had been antagonists (btw, 'antagonist' does not mean 'bad guy', just someone who opposes the protagonist)... and Miria has been a leader of the 'good guys' and even a mentor. She's been around longer than Riful, Isley or A&B. She had an entire extra chapter dedicated to her. And what is more important: a lot of readers expected her to live, at least, enough to take the Org down. And I'm included among these readers... it's just that I don't find ridiculous or 'random' that things don't happen in the story as I had thought they would.

Edit: if Miria doesn't really die, that would mean I've been writing a lot more than I like and getting into a discussion just for nothing... please Yagi, kill her, or I'll have to crack my head into a wall for deserved self-punishment
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga