AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-12, 04:22   Link #1
Crowley
A-Kraze QCer

Episode 29 - Execution

Such an ominous title.... Wasn't really the death expected.
Old 2004-11-12, 07:03   Link #2
audiophile
uber-noob

this thing just keeps getting better and better!
Old 2004-11-12, 09:26   Link #3
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

I really liked how the "director" of the series chose to alter the "cinematography" of the various scenes relative to the manga. It made things seem so much more... evil. ^^
Old 2004-11-12, 11:33   Link #4
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Wow, what an episode. I like this whole new arc, even if I'm wondering what Tenma's up to...

The scene with Jurgens (whose character design I've always found to be outstanding) was really chilling and...well, I don't know about you, but that definitely surprised me.

The only thing I wasn't too keen on was

Spoiler for the end of the episode:

Still, the intrigue and the expert twists of the narrative...this is truly the best story I've ever seen told in anime.

-BonBon
Old 2004-11-12, 13:17   Link #5
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Wow, just wow... This episode is easily the best so far. Unbelievable, on so many levels.
Old 2004-11-12, 13:25   Link #6
Spastic_Hobo

I saw that death coming, but damned if it didn't piss me off... I love this show.
Old 2004-11-12, 14:56   Link #7
Griffith

That episode was amazing, the show keeps outdoing itself every episode lately. I can't wait to own it on DVD, assuming it ever gets licensed.
Old 2004-11-12, 17:23   Link #8
Ri_
mangaworm

How lovely, the animators are now starting to bring in the so-called 'fish bowl' camera angles, what I had wished for; and it's not an odd break at all

Personally I liked the way Johan got to Richard in the end, that scene left me impressed.
Old 2004-11-12, 19:16   Link #9
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Excellent episode. As I said monster is one of my top 10 favorites animes of all time.

I just wish this anime reached the 1000+ leachers in animesukis front page

It trully deserves to be one of the most populars animes out there...
Old 2004-11-12, 19:54   Link #10
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well yet another sample of Johan being an evil manipulative bastard.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-13, 06:42   Link #11
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Spoiler:
Though I don't quite follow why Jürgens would want to kill himself after repeating Johan's words "You should come here, too", I don't get what that was supposed to mean. Where should he go to?
Old 2004-11-13, 12:58   Link #12
FireBorn

Wow... again. Another great episode.
Old 2004-11-13, 13:09   Link #13
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Yes it's not clear at all why Jurgens would kill himself, and what the significance is of the phrase "You should come here, too". Perhaps that's what Johan said to Jurgens on the one time they met. Jurgens isn't exactly sane, so who knows why he reacted like that when he recognized the picture. But perhaps alot happened during that one meeting that we don't know about yet. At least he didn't kill the shrink, that would've meant one more person to know the truth to be gone and Tenma will need all the help he can get. Odds are we won't find out for a long time, and have to wait until far into the series to find the answers to unresolved questions such as these. If at all. I also wonder how far Johan went with Richard Braun; still hate him for that, he could've done it after he met his daughter but I suppose it helped drive him over the edge since he used it as part of his manipulation speech. Johan likes to play games, although we have actually seen him kill someone in person rather than use straw men to do it for him. So it's also possible he just drove him nuts first then killed him. Just to be more evil.
Old 2004-11-13, 13:36   Link #14
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I am so proud to be collectin this anime wow I loved this episode so much
Old 2004-11-13, 14:16   Link #15
Ri_
mangaworm

Oh yeah, Johan loves to play little mind games. "Look at me, Dr. Tenma!...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Yes it's not clear at all why Jurgens would kill himself, and what the significance is of the phrase "You should come here, too". Perhaps that's what Johan said to Jurgens on the one time they met. Jurgens isn't exactly sane, so who knows why he reacted like that when he recognized the picture. But perhaps alot happened during that one meeting that we don't know about yet.
In the German translation, the phrase goes, "You come along, too" (Komm du doch auch mit)... uhh, maybe Johan meant in some twisted way, that Jürgens should follow his victims in death...? I dunno. Now I forgot whether Jürgens knew or knew not that Johan-in-disguise was his penpal or not when they met...

During Johan's psycho warfare, I also got the faint impression that he might have acted out of revenge on Richard, for killing the boy. He was also in Kinderheim 511 after all, maybe they had some kind of link or something.
Old 2004-11-13, 20:23   Link #16
Ed Elric

Omfg this episode was absoultly amazing I loved every moment of it...espically the end omg Johan is so evil @@

This is SO the best writen story for an anime I have ever friggen seen. Full Metal Alchemist is my favorite series ever but this one...DEFINATLY top3 and #1 for best story... wow... <3 I need a Johan wallpaper now >,>
Old 2004-11-14, 00:28   Link #17
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Hmmm I was thinking Johan killed him because he was finding out too much.
Argh, no preview for the next episode. Maybe it's a sign something big is going to happen? It was a nice touch showing Richard looking at the picture of his daughter after the credits though.
Old 2004-11-14, 05:45   Link #18
Ri_
mangaworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melty Snow
Hmmm I was thinking Johan killed him because he was finding out too much.
Naturally, but I'm just wondering whether Johan knew the kid - forgot the name - personally. Maybe the kid went nuts especially because he saw and survived the Kinderheim 511 massacre; if he didn't leave the home before that and there were survivors, that is (which also makes me wonder how Johan left that unscratched, I'm assuming unscratched, because we saw him calmly throned)
Old 2004-11-14, 10:05   Link #19
Trax
Rock beats scissors

He knew too much, that's for sure. But his socalled execution of Joost might have given him an extra incentive and is possibly why he went about it the way he did (with an extra touch of evilness). I was however under the impression that Richard Braun shot this kid Joost because he pulled a gun on him (the ghost he kept seeing), whether drunk or not it wouldn't be an execution in that case now would it? Either way, Richard was in denial about the truth of what happened.
Old 2004-11-14, 23:18   Link #20
Psi

Damn, but that was a good episode. Poor Richard... I don't know that he was necessarily in denial about the shooting. Johan could easily have made the whole thing up just to make Richard THINK that he was an evil enough person to shoot someone in cold blood. When Johan offerred him the liquor... excellent scene. Oh, and the bit about the kids playing good guys vs bad guys was priceless.

I wonder why the police showed up at the doctor's house, though. It's not as if it's standard procedure if someone dies to go strait to his psychiatrist. Maybe Johan tried to tie him to the murder somehow? After all, he's got to get rid of him now too....
Closed Thread