AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 15:24   Link #1061
Xion Valkyrie

I wonder if the Baroness would have given them her ship if she knew the punishment for 'supporting' Turan is death lol..
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:24   Link #1062
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I'm pretty sure the Queen is just a puppet and the fellow commanders would rather follow Luscinia no matter how dirty his methods are. Well, some might defect, or a civil war might break out as the differences in idealogies (as well as the fact that Luscinia seems to hold all the cards) will cause a power struggle to take place.
Oh certainly. While I'm sure some of them hold to the high ideals they supposedly espouse, I think it's a given that most, if not all, are more than willing to get their hands dirty to achieve it. You don't become a general otherwise, and I thought it was telling that they greatly insinuated that the demure Vasant was once quite the bloodthirsty conniver herself. It'll be interesting to see whether Luscinia has any of them in his confidence, or if he's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes that aren't members of the Guild. It's a certainty he's keeping our loli-empress out of the loop.

It's less certain how many of the Generals he's keeping in the dark. Since some of them, it seems, were conquered by Ades...then put into a position of power, I wouldn't be surprised if Luscinia has taken some of them into his confidence if it turns out he doesn't give a rat's arse about world peace, and it's all a smokescreen for something else.

What I'm most curious about after watching this episode is to find out how the Guild was downgraded to mere servants/bodyguards of the Ades Federation. It's a very different social relationship that we're used to seeing concerning the Guild from the first series. And, a bigger question: why just Ades?

Anyways, seems we'll be returning to some fleet battles next episode. Probably high time for Ades to strike at the Sky Pirates, considering how many supplies/ships they must have lost to them over the years, not even counting what Fam is currently stealing.

Oh, and Giselle may start to question why they are doing what they are doing, but I can't see it actually resulting in a whole lot. That said, my secret hope is that Fam/Giselle/Millia end up being their own faction that ends up in direct confrontation with BOTH Ades and Anatory, as I think it'd spice things up if our heroes from the previous series end up being antagonists down the road in this one.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:31   Link #1063
Xion Valkyrie

I think the guild lost its purpose and prominence once the exiles returned home. Hence why they had to work their work back into human society.

Also, I think Gisey is showing a bit of unease at how much more love Fam is giving Millia right now. Love triangle!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 17:34   Link #1064
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
I think the guild lost its purpose and prominence once the exiles returned home. Hence why they had to work their work back into human society.
Ok, calling it now. Luscinia's master plan is to make the Guild masters of the universe! All the peace and love is a sham!

As I write that, I'm trying to decide if I'm half serious or not.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:18   Link #1065
djmaca
My Girl ↓

They seems to have transferred the whole kingdom of Anatoray on Earth. I wonder how they are holding up against Ades?

Also I got this WMG: What if Luscinia is actually so obsessed with Augusta's mom that he saw her in Little Augusta and is planning to pull a wife husbandry (a.k.a Hikaru Genji Plan)?

Last edited by djmaca; 2011-11-20 at 19:36.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:35   Link #1066
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
They seems to have transferred the whole kingdom of Anatoray on Earth. I wonder how they are holding up against Ades?
a very good question......
Battle wise, Anatoray should be able to handle themselves...
Ship wise, not looking good....
don't know if there ships can handle Ades ships
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 20:15   Link #1067
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
a very good question......
Battle wise, Anatoray should be able to handle themselves...
Ship wise, not looking good....
don't know if there ships can handle Ades ships
Anatoray's ships were more or less designed to combat Disith's ships coming from above, right? Ades ships seem to be better able to combat threats from both above and below them (and even at the same altitude)...
Old 2011-11-20, 21:47   Link #1068
FateAnomaly

Anatoray should have access to the guild ships though(or whatever that is left) since Dio is technically the Maestro (if it even matters anymore).
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:36   Link #1069
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Dropping the fuel was a nice throwback to the first series, although back then it was Lavie who made the decision, and it was more of a calculated plan than a reckless and risky maneuver.

Relative lack of Dio in this episode makes me sad, although I do like him dropping the Anatoray name. Can't wait to see the other Anatoray folks later. Come on, Vincent!
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 00:02   Link #1070
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Just started to read "Travellers from the Hourglass". So Gisey and Fam were already together when Claus and Co. landed, since "Silver Wing" is 2 years after....

So that makes....

- Claus is just 3(2?) years older, give or take a few months, than Fam.

- The Grand Race happened before Claus landed, so he can't have participated.

- Alvis looks like a year older than Fam.
Old 2011-11-21, 00:15   Link #1071
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the Queen is just a puppet and the fellow commanders would rather follow Luscinia no matter how dirty his methods are. Well, some might defect, or a civil war might break out as the differences in idealogies (as well as the fact that Luscinia seems to hold all the cards) will cause a power struggle to take place.
Maybe...of course some who still hold loyalty to Augusta's mother may side with her....Her influence seems strong in the nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
***subs are out.

Spoiler for episode 6:
That's if Luscinia is not going to attempt to off Augusta later anyway....very strong hints he's following some plan of his own
Old 2011-11-21, 04:30   Link #1072
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Anatoray should have access to the guild ships though(or whatever that is left) since Dio is technically the Maestro (if it even matters anymore).
Well, Anatoray has all the Prester's Guild houses (e.g. Hamiltons, Bassianus, Dagoberts and Eracleas) and an active Last Exile starship/spaceship.

Last edited by encia; 2011-11-21 at 04:44.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 04:49   Link #1073
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Anatoray's ships were more or less designed to combat Disith's ships coming from above, right? Ades ships seem to be better able to combat threats from both above and below them (and even at the same altitude)...
Anatoray's standard warships has been converted to a vanship aircarft carrier with battleship functions.

In Last Exile season 1, the closest "Missile Guided Destroyers" type warship would be Anatoray's Urbanus class. Urbanus's aerial torpedos acts like modern day cruise missiles.

Ades Federation's battleships are like WWII battleships, while Urbanus class warships are like modern day American missile guided warships. The Urbanus class still has battleship functions.

Silvius is a hybrid submarine/battleship/aircarft carrier. I don't know if Silvius is armed with Urbanus's torpedos.

Last edited by encia; 2011-11-21 at 05:34.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 08:35   Link #1074
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Silvius is a hybrid submarine/battleship/aircarft carrier. I don't know if Silvius is armed with Urbanus's torpedos.
More likely the Silvius is armed with Silvana's rocket arrays. Of course, having Urbanus' torpedo-firing capability would be a nice bonus.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 08:50   Link #1075
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
More likely the Silvius is armed with Silvana's rocket arrays. Of course, having Urbanus' torpedo-firing capability would be a nice bonus.
So SILVana + urbanUS = SILVIUS? Just my WMG, since Silvana and Urbanus is nowhere to be seen and most likely scrapped. It wasn't in the manga or in the final frames of the Original anime.
Old 2011-11-21, 09:15   Link #1076
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So SILVana + urbanUS = SILVIUS? Just my WMG, since Silvana and Urbanus is nowhere to be seen and most likely scrapped. It wasn't in the manga or in the final frames of the Original anime.
Silvana was repaired and functional at the end of the original anime whereas the Urbanus was...

Spoiler for To be safe for those who have not seen the original:
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 11:27   Link #1077
TheKage

Some theories have been that either Silvana is with Sophia or that the Silvius is a very well re-fitted Silvana.

But I was thinking that Silvius was like Silvana+Urbanus a few weeks ago. It might be that the designs were using Silvana's and Urbanus's.

It's interesting though. I think the 2 years ago reference for when Silvius first appeared has to be at least a few months after the first scenes in the Last Exile Sunadokei no Tabibito since only a regular Anatoray battle ship is featured so far. Alis and Tatiana aren't near what they would have had in the Silvius in terms of rank or even the ship itself.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 13:28   Link #1078
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
I think the 2 years ago reference for when Silvius first appeared has to be at least a few months after the first scenes in the Last Exile Sunadokei no Tabibito since only a regular Anatoray battle ship is featured so far. Alis and Tatiana aren't near what they would have had in the Silvius in terms of rank or even the ship itself.
Tatiana isn't really far away, she's already Vice-Captain. The true mystery is the Silvius showing up, but the comment was 2 years after the end of the first series.

It's quite possible the last scene on Earth happen after what we see in the manga. I'm suspecting this because Claus's field haven't started to grow yet.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 14:23   Link #1079
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Tatiana isn't really far away, she's already Vice-Captain. The true mystery is the Silvius showing up, but the comment was 2 years after the end of the first series.

It's quite possible the last scene on Earth happen after what we see in the manga. I'm suspecting this because Claus's field haven't started to grow yet.
Ah, I thought her rank was lower. My mistake.

So perhaps the last scene on Earth in the original takes place after some of the events in Sunadokei no Tabibito. It's also possible they just relocated to some place where wheat was actually growing. There seemed to be a large wood growing right next to the house in the manga if I remember correctly but it's not there in the end scene of Last Exile
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 16:09   Link #1080
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I get the feeling that the last scene with the wheat in the original LE might be retconned since it sounds like they're having trouble growing wheat wherever the Anatorary-Disith Exile set down.
I agree that the Horizon Caves race in the original LE was better but there was a lot more going on there, I was just amused that Fam & Gissey didn't need a tow back like Lavie & Claus did when they pulled that same trick. And I think we got a brief look at the people from two of the other Prestars, the emissaries who were negotiating to have the Ades NOT drop an exile on them, look like they must be from the Prestars from Africa and the Middle East (the A-D Prestar was Europe and Russia I think).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction