AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 21:25   Link #21
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

@andiyar: Thank you thank you so much! I found that AIR Makura, that i've been looking for as well! I'll keep my eye out for a potato plushie! Thanks..
*goes and places bid* btw is rinkya good? compared to say Shopping Mall Japan? Are they slow? expensive?

@Leo: Dont worry, as andiyar said, there are a number of services that recieve it and ship it for you. i've done it several times already with shopping mall japan.

@PatKany: yes yes please do! if you do find a potato plushie, link it asap and send me an email as well! >_< i dont check this forum everyday (about once every 2 days) so yeah. i might miss something. but i do check my email everyday!

thanks~!

my email: allthelosersare@hotmail.com
Old 2006-02-01, 01:16   Link #22
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
if anyone also finds a potato plushie let me know I have been looking for quite some time ^-^

I stareted a thraed pre-crash board the anime one is WAY cuter looking than game version IMO so anime versioin only
Old 2006-02-01, 19:00   Link #23
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

har har, i couldn't wait and i got this

cute kanon makura...hehe

i am still waiting on a potato plushie, ahahhahaha
and my misuzu makura
Old 2006-02-03, 14:26   Link #24
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Thats so adorbale!!!! I couldn't say I want it because I have way too much other collectables and need to downsize >.< In a gamerrs I went to they had a Kanon towel in the UFO machine I SUCK at them >.<
Old 2006-02-04, 21:21   Link #25
Mystery Person X
Magical Boy
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
if anyone also finds a potato plushie let me know I have been looking for quite some time ^-^
They seem to have rereleased the Potato plushie (or made a new one), since there were suddenly tons of them at Animate the other day. I wouldn't know where to order one online, but it might be worth searching again.
Old 2006-02-04, 23:51   Link #26
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Animate? is the a convention or something?
anyways i am going to quote Leo

Quote:
The plushies are REALLY hard to find

Poatato was only at animate I believe and sold out quick.
Pro-kun was from 2001 so he is really rare.
so yeah...but i'll check online anyways

OHHHH how sad, the cloesest thing i could find to a real potato plushie
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f37818682
hahaha hes black lolz...oh well
i'll keep searching.
Old 2006-02-06, 10:04   Link #27
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

ok i am no bastard and i am a good person for the community...i am not selfish and i hope all of you aren't either..anyways after constantly searching day after day for a Potato plushie, i found TWO on Yahoo Auction Japan!

so i have decided to share my new found knowledge, i have found 2 auctions for a potato plushie.

acutally i found two different versions.

The one being sold at the animate one: http://www.animate.co.jp/animate/goo...000000267&pg=5
is this auction: http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d60234795
(4800 yen bid, NO buyout)

and there is another auction that seems like its official, due to the Tag: http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/83453934
(3500 yen bid, 6000 yen buyout)

My question now for you all is. Which one is the OFFICIAL one???. -_- both seem pretty authetic to me. I think. Help me choose quick! before some random Japanese kid with a big wallet comes and swoops up the buyout one. >_<

*hey Leo if you want one as well, lets talk it out so it doesn't become a nasty bidding war...

Last edited by milkmandan; 2006-02-06 at 10:35.
Old 2006-02-06, 11:34   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Tag on the second one makes me think you should order that one.. before i do! ;_;
Old 2006-02-06, 16:12   Link #29
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

both are authetic i think, cuz the first one appeared at animate, and the 2nd one has that tag..but then again tis all up to which i think its cutest...hmmm ok
Old 2006-02-06, 17:27   Link #30
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

aw crap...i leave the message and i run off to class..
as soon as i come back its gone nooooooooooooo

oh well, i guess i'll just go with the latter -_- easier for me, dont need to choose now.
Old 2006-02-07, 21:35   Link #31
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Key made a few editions of him

There is the Game Version which (IMO isn't as cute as the anime version) is a regular plush size and then a key chain size about 3 inches tall.

The anime one is the 4,800 yen one and looks like the animate one.

I don't mind which one you get the 4,800 yen one is a little expencive for me at the moment.

Animate is a chain store in Japan that sells anime related merchandise of everything!!! It is drool worthy store ^-^"
Old 2006-02-08, 01:23   Link #32
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Key made a few editions of him

There is the Game Version which (IMO isn't as cute as the anime version) is a regular plush size and then a key chain size about 3 inches tall.

The anime one is the 4,800 yen one and looks like the animate one.

I don't mind which one you get the 4,800 yen one is a little expencive for me at the moment.

Animate is a chain store in Japan that sells anime related merchandise of everything!!! It is drool worthy store ^-^"
alrighty if you dont mind i am going to bid and try to win the auction then...
i'll keep searching for you then..maybe i'll find a cheaper one for ya.

anyways yes Animate is a drool worthy store, too bad most of the uber popular items are most of the time out of stock and backordering is usually not an option. oh wel
Old 2006-02-09, 05:32   Link #33
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

well looks like i didn't luck out this time...thanks Leo
Old 2006-02-10, 16:04   Link #34
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

ok these potato plushies have been BIRTHING all over the internet, this is the 4th one i've seen this WEEK. -_-

same price as before..same price i got it for 4,800 yen

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d60248188

get it if you want...who ever, i already have one so yeah. enjoy guys
Old 2006-02-11, 07:38   Link #35
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@milkmandan

I never actually used ShoppingMallJapan, though I did intend to at one point. Bills and other such fun things got in the way unfortunately - and the items I was looking for (a couple of CDs and an artbook, if I remember correctly) all made appearances on either eBay or at a con last year, so I didn't need to in the end.

I signed up for Rinkya recently as I was looking for another CD, and also for some nice Fate/stay night memorabilia. Their fees, as compared to SMJ's, are (relatively speaking, looking at both lists) more expensive for 'cheaper' auctions, and cheaper for more expensive auctions. SMJ is more gradiated as you get bigger, from what I remember, whereas Rinkya charges certain flat fees and then adds to them depending on the final price of the auction.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-11, 17:09   Link #36
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

@andiyar

yup! you pretty much hit the spot...
I'am signed up currently with SMJ and Rinkya so i get to pick and chose which service i like depending on the auction.

I do have to say though, Rinkya has the best interface among all the deputy services out there. Its very clean, easy to understand and very powerful. For example, in other services, you basically have to know the basic kanji or hiragana for the item you are looking for, and key it into yahoo.co.jp/r/ac
and then you gotta navigate the japanese auction pages to find what you are looking for. i think lucky for us, most of us can do this and know a little or a lot of japanese. But even still Rinkya, has their OWN search engine, which i believe is very good.

for exmaple you can type in "Shakugan no Shana" the ENGLISH name for that anime series and Rinkya's search engine will know that you are looking for 灼眼のシャナ. Its like they have presets for all the popular items or something..

oh well,.....someone get that potato plushie! its out and no one is bidding!

there is a pretty extensive deputy service thread i start @ hongfire talking about all the different deputy services, if you are interested check it out: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42885

Last edited by milkmandan; 2006-02-11 at 17:29.
Old 2006-02-12, 00:54   Link #37
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ milkmandan

Yes, the bidding engine was the primary reason I chose Rinkya. Even though they're more expensive to use, it's very easy to actually find things, so I'm fine paying a bit more for the convenience

And well done on finally snagging yourself a potato plushy. ^^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-02-25, 12:47   Link #38
Someonee

Say, I was wondering if there was another Air tshirt? The Gao Gao shirt is cute... But a bit too simple.

On a side note, is the only way to get the Gao Gao shirt is to order online with a credit card? I can't just mail the money? Is it a legit site? From the other products I've seen, it looks like other people are selling their tshirts. As if they made it at home and sold it, unlike the ones manufactured from companies.
Old 2006-02-25, 17:47   Link #39
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
The only legit shirt you can get is through mail order directly from Japan. I forget which magazine it was featured in... All the other ones are fan-made ones...
Old 2006-02-27, 05:17   Link #40
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

i've seen a good number of legit shirts on yahoo japan auctions going for about 5000-6000+yen