AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-25, 10:31   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Tales of... Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Namco Tales of... series of anime and games. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or game without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about the Tales of... series which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, game, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2008-11-25, 10:42   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Anime series so far released.

Tales of Eternia (8th January, 2001), 13 episode TV series
Tales of Phantasia (25th November, 2004), 4 episode OVA
Tales of Symphonia (8th June, 2007), 4 episode OVA
Tales of the Abyss (4th October, 2008), 26 episode TV series
Old 2008-11-25, 15:22   Link #3
OutSmart
Comic Relief

these questions may seem stupid, but I'm rly lookng for a good, complete and justified answer for it ^^

Is this Tales Of.. "saga" any good?
Why?
Can you compare it to another anime you've seen in terms of genre and quality?

I've heard a bit about it, and I'm even borrowing that from a friend here in a few days, but I'm not sure of what to excpect. Plus, I have plenty of anime downloading, and series that I'm yet to finish seing, and I'm not sure if I should give this series priority ^^

thx for the help in advance
Old 2008-11-25, 15:33   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutSmart View Post
these questions may seem stupid, but I'm rly lookng for a good, complete and justified answer for it ^^

Is this Tales Of.. "saga" any good?
Why?
Can you compare it to another anime you've seen in terms of genre and quality?

I've heard a bit about it, and I'm even borrowing that from a friend here in a few days, but I'm not sure of what to excpect. Plus, I have plenty of anime downloading, and series that I'm yet to finish seing, and I'm not sure if I should give this series priority ^^

thx for the help in advance
You are asking for personal opinion here, not a question that can be answered by fact. From the first post of the thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
If someone has such a question about the Tales of... series which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.
I would suggest you post in the Suggestions forum, that's the place to ask for personal opinion, suggestions and recommendations.
Old 2008-11-25, 15:38   Link #5
OutSmart
Comic Relief

oh ok sorry, you may delete the post if you see fit then sorry. ^^

I just saw Q&A and thought that basicly I could ask anything about this series and the viewers would answer ^^

I've skipped the sticky, my bad

thx for the "directions" ^^
Old 2008-11-28, 08:10   Link #6
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

is tales of destiny 1 / 2 animated?
i am not sure what is the japanese name for the 2 games though
Old 2008-11-28, 08:25   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
is tales of destiny 1 / 2 animated?
i am not sure what is the japanese name for the 2 games though
From a couple of posts up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Anime series so far released.

Tales of Eternia (8th January, 2001), 13 episode TV series
Tales of Phantasia (25th November, 2004), 4 episode OVA
Tales of Symphonia (8th June, 2007), 4 episode OVA
Tales of the Abyss (4th October, 2008), 26 episode TV series
Take a look at Wiki.
Old 2009-02-21, 22:55   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Sorry if this question seems a bit supid, but I'm a Tales of newbie, I've only played Tales of Destiny for the Playstation. I'm just curious about one thing...

Are all of the Tales ofs in the same universe? Do they have any connection with each other at all?
Old 2009-02-22, 03:00   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Sorry if this question seems a bit supid, but I'm a Tales of newbie, I've only played Tales of Destiny for the Playstation. I'm just curious about one thing...

Are all of the Tales ofs in the same universe? Do they have any connection with each other at all?
No. There are some games with connections, but most of them are in separate universes. Destiny-->Destiny2, Symphonia-->Ratatosk-->Phantasia, I think were the mainly known connections.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-02, 08:50   Link #10
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

so tales of watever is like final fantasy type ? all different story?

and why this anime's section has very little post
Old 2009-03-02, 11:18   Link #11
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
so tales of watever is like final fantasy type ? all different story?

and why this anime's section has very little post
I don't play Final Fantasy, but yes, different stories.

*shrugs shoulders*
Wonder why it has little posts... Well, it seems to be a mistake to create a whole sub-forum, I feel.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-03, 00:52   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*shrugs shoulders*
Wonder why it has little posts... Well, it seems to be a mistake to create a whole sub-forum, I feel.
Well, at the beginning (when sub-forum decisions are made), the anime seemed to be getting a lot of attention and seemed to be picking up, so the assumption was that it would continue to grow. But it's always a bit of a gamble. The sub-forum entered a death spiral -- unless you have a core group of posters who keep the discussion threads lively, other people won't feel like jumping in and joining the conversation, which motivates the core group less, and so on. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but it's a bit hard to predict (especially early on in a series when sub-forum decisions are made).

It was also a bit of an experiment to see whether there are any benefits to gathering all of the threads on one given franchise into one area (in this case, all the Tales anime, games, etc.) Doesn't really seem to work, though -- people still post in the individual forums, but they don't really seem to branch out into other related threads. It also doesn't help that none of the other staff or admins seem to be following the anime either -- I'm basically the only one left watching it, and I've fallen behind (on all shows).

So, all in all... you win some, you lose some, I guess. I don't think it was necessarily a mistake in the sense that we learned some things that don't work for the future. I still think the show, for what it's worth, is fine and even pretty decent for an RPG-based anime. But, for whatever reason, I guess people just don't like talking about it.
Old 2009-03-03, 03:06   Link #13
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, at the beginning (when sub-forum decisions are made), the anime seemed to be getting a lot of attention and seemed to be picking up, so the assumption was that it would continue to grow. But it's always a bit of a gamble. The sub-forum entered a death spiral -- unless you have a core group of posters who keep the discussion threads lively, other people won't feel like jumping in and joining the conversation, which motivates the core group less, and so on. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but it's a bit hard to predict (especially early on in a series when sub-forum decisions are made).

It was also a bit of an experiment to see whether there are any benefits to gathering all of the threads on one given franchise into one area (in this case, all the Tales anime, games, etc.) Doesn't really seem to work, though -- people still post in the individual forums, but they don't really seem to branch out into other related threads. It also doesn't help that none of the other staff or admins seem to be following the anime either -- I'm basically the only one left watching it, and I've fallen behind (on all shows).

So, all in all... you win some, you lose some, I guess. I don't think it was necessarily a mistake in the sense that we learned some things that don't work for the future. I still think the show, for what it's worth, is fine and even pretty decent for an RPG-based anime. But, for whatever reason, I guess people just don't like talking about it.
I agree with you on that interest in the anime has dropped. I have seen all the current episodes and thought of all of them to have been interesting. Oh well, those are the breaks. Also, I would be posting in the other forums dealing with the Tales series but I do not own some of the consels that play them. On a side note, does anyone know when the second part of the Tales of Symphonia anime is schedualed to be released? I really enjoyed that rendition of the Game to Anime genre.
Old 2009-03-04, 01:17   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
On a side note, does anyone know when the second part of the Tales of Symphonia anime is schedualed to be released? I really enjoyed that rendition of the Game to Anime genre.
So far they haven't said anything, but ufotable's (the animation production company's) last Kara no Kyoukai movie (their current project) will be airing in the Spring and I don't see that they have any other announced pending projects.
Old 2009-03-15, 10:28   Link #15
X_Danny_X

in the game, can you make a romantic relationship with any of the girls with Luke?

also i heard the party was extra harsh in the game compared to the anime with Luke when he was used by his father figure and killed all those people in that village.
Old 2009-03-18, 11:32   Link #16
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
in the game, can you make a romantic relationship with any of the girls with Luke?

also i heard the party was extra harsh in the game compared to the anime with Luke when he was used by his father figure and killed all those people in that village.
Late reply, but no, you cannot. The game does not have relationship gauge system of some sorts (like Star Ocean for most recent example, Persona Series (Except Eternal Punishment one) for the most famous example or Thousand Arms or any other games that have this kind of thing).

'Tales of' storyline is pretty linear, even the 'affection gauge' in TO Innocence does not have any impact to the scenario-it gives you only special skits once it reaches certain level amount. It does not change/affect any of the characters' dialogue and future events.

For the second one, I'm not really sure anymore (despite it being the highlight of the game, I have not played the game for a long time), but while it is basically he same, the game is indeed, harsher than the anime in certain point of view, with the party finally snapped at Luke's egoist attitude of some sort, kind of like blaming him completely and the words they use are pretty harsh (I think in both Japanese and English version).

Old 2009-03-18, 12:59   Link #17
X_Danny_X

thanks man, who does Luke end up with in the end of the game? looking at the anime, it seems it will be Tear.
Old 2009-03-19, 00:52   Link #18
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
thanks man, who does Luke end up with in the end of the game? looking at the anime, it seems it will be Tear.
First off, I'm a girl. X'D But no worries, I'm okay with the misconception

This is a bit of hard to say, considering the ending situation...

Spoiler for Full Spoiler for Game Ending, it has to be talked in this way :<:

Either way, mod can move these posts to Spoiler thread, as I think this is pretty much in that category rather than Q&A

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-03-19 at 06:27. Reason: Cnfirming and some words change :'D
Old 2009-03-19, 16:34   Link #19
X_Danny_X

oh you a girl

sorry!

so let me get this straight

Spoiler for luke and ash:
Old 2009-03-21, 06:57   Link #20
yolin.shana

Spoiler for luke and asch:
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a