AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 11:30   Link #321
koffy
beggar

Lul, this chapter rulz!
Old 2008-03-03, 11:30   Link #322
yondy

Yes, it's going to be a fab 8 now. But it won't take too long because Riful is after her, and I have a feeling that the next arc would be the Galatea rescue arc. It make sense because Yagi can't afford to make fillers for a monthly manga like claymore and the current arc is like the classic calm before the storm. The reunion, the reintroduction of characters, and the showcasing of strengths are done it's time for a big fight.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:35   Link #323
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
There is one line that I didn't quite get. Miria said "If these guys are a unit, then you must be their leader". Who was she referring to when she said "guys"?
I guess she thaught Clarice Miata and Galatea were a hunting squad.
The other Idea i had was that she realized Galatea deserted the org because of her dress and was referring to the humans.

Another possibility is that the speech bubble wasn't from Miria but from Galatea and was referred to Miria. I think thats the most likely possibility.

But all in all I'm happy that noone was woundet or killed, I was really scared when Yuma did her unprofessional Yuma barrier.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:36   Link #324
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

I am not sure why people keep saying it's gonna be the fab 8 now. Galatea already said she is different from the ghosts so why would she join them?
Old 2008-03-03, 11:41   Link #325
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I am not sure why people keep saying it's gonna be the fab 8 now. Galatea already said she is different from the ghosts so why would she join them?
She`s blind you know, so she didn't see the strange uniforms.
In a world of claymores, what would you assume, 7 strong free walking claymores or 7 hidden for 7 years claymores?
If I were Galatea I would also think that it's more likely they came back as that they hid for 7 years. (damned why are there so many 7s?)

This is just guesswork, I didn't talk to Yagi so this is just an assumption.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:42   Link #326
yondy

Quote:
It doesn't matter if Galatea wants to join or not. I think Clare will force her to come with them so they can protect her from Riful and the organization.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:43   Link #327
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsley View Post
Another possibility is that the speech bubble wasn't from Miria but from Galatea and was referred to Miria. I think thats the most likely possibility.
I tend to agree with that. Alas, the quality of translation of Claymores is not as wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondy View Post
It doesn't matter if Galatea wants to join or not. I think Clare will force her to come with them so they can protect her from Riful and the organization.
Clare forcing Galatea?! Could you please tell me how? Galatea is a proud warrior.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:46   Link #328
kuru moon

I can't see why Galatea will refuse to join ghost 7. She has no reason to stay in Rabona anymore. Traveling with Clare would make a plot be more interested.

Supposing that Claymore always has 4 members per group. With 2 "eyes", this was the good time for spliting up.

Miria, Deneve, Helen, and Tabatha should go to find the secret of Organization and Alicia/Beth whereabouts

Clare, Yuma, Cynthia and Galatea should go to find an information about Raki and Prisscilla. Clare may go to find Irene, but I think she has a high possibility to find Raphaella instead. Though, it just prediction, I don't think that Clare will go to see Irene ---> see nobody there ---> just leave and know nothing about Irene.

It's hard for Mangaka to put everyone fight together, and their group is too overwhelming to fight a single digit Awaken Being . I expect to see Miria again after 10 or more chapters, and someone say that "She has grow stronger to be rival with former #1 right now" or whatever like this.

Clare need her own screen time to improve her skill rapidly. If they stick together, it will makes every battles too easy.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:49   Link #329
lsley
*Graphic Designer

I don't think forcing Galatea will be needed.
After the fight they can tell her that they deserted the org too --> They are the same
Galatea wants to make a better world --> the Fab 7 too
Riful wants Galateas head --> One more reason to join the fab 7
Rabona will most likely have a problem with letting Galatea stay there --> A homeless blind ex-claymore

I can't find a counter argument for Galatea not to go with them.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:53   Link #330
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Clare forcing Galatea?! Could you please tell me how? Galatea is a proud warrior.
lol, if Galatea refuse, there is the famos Deven kick, to make her comply.

If Galatea agrees to join the G7, she will have to agree to fighting against the Org.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:01   Link #331
Flar

Quote:
That's a good point if the translation was accurate. It's an indication that Galatea wont join the ghosts since she believes she is different (why, tho? Is it only because they are well cloaked?) regardless of whether she would continue to live in Rabona or not.
Looked at the japanese raw, and if I'm not mistaken, Galatea says:
"I am someone who ran from the organisation"
"It's different for you"

I mean, the difference she's talking about is with their way to leave the organisation as well as the way they lived till now, if you get what I say.

she then goes on with her "please, this town, save it", "Phantom miria"

By the way, funny that Galatea's title "shingan" reads like "mind's eye" but "mind" is wirtten with the kanji for "god"...

Quote:
Not necessarily that saying a "strong claymore" lives in Rabona about Galatea is "strong" to the same extinct as those "2 strong claymores". I think Miria & Clare pretty much demonstrated that they are well more stronger than Galatea in terms of how well and fast they could deal damage to Agatha (and I am not including the first surprise attack). However, I am waiting for the English translation or someone to read the raws and give us the exact translation of Miata's comment to judge better.
Miata is easy to understand, somehow, Once again if I'm not mistaken, from japanese raw, roughly, she says:
"There are two strong smells/auras from among them"
"Everyone is strong but out of them these two are much stronger"
"these two stand out from the seven"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Even if you're right, what is with her arm and her eyes? Don't believe that she's going to stay like this forever. To regenerate she has to release her yoki.
She already has, but it doesn't matter with pills and ghosts.

Quote:
There is one line that I didn't quite get. Miria said "If these guys are a unit, then you must be their leader". Who was she referring to when she said "guys"?
she says something like "if these are team members, then you are the leader" (with less words but she uses the english "members" "team" and "leader").

And yes, Galatea is the one speaking, we see Miria speaking because she just acknowledged the previous instructions with a "roger"

Don't try to kill me if I'm wrong

Last edited by Flar; 2008-03-03 at 12:14. Reason: fixed one copy mistake
Old 2008-03-03, 12:01   Link #332
yondy

Clare will bitch slap her.

Seriously, I don't think forcing her will be necessary anyway. Like the others pointed out Galatea has no choice but to join the fab 7.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:02   Link #333
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
A whiff of the Teresa and Irene on Clare would be enough to put little blood eyed Miata into a fit I think. Both strong people she senses are Clare . [...]
I've written this before but I'll repeat myself: chibamonster, You're the Great Sage on this forum .

shrimpy's translation:

-...strong

-Hm?
-That lady has two strong scents...

-They are all strong...but those two scents are the strongest of all...
-They surpass...all the others by far...

Don't tell me Your second name is Norihiro ?
Old 2008-03-03, 12:06   Link #334
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar
She already has, but it doesn't matter with pills and ghosts.
The last pic? I thought that yagi forgott to draw the scar, or was it the regnerationpower of galatea?
Old 2008-03-03, 12:10   Link #335
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I just read the english version, Clare is a monster.
lol, but they all are.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:14   Link #336
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The last pic? I thought that yagi forgott to draw the scar, or was it the regnerationpower of galatea?
There is a high possibility that she regenerated.
Because: Why should he set her into the pic, she's absolutely not fitting imo and she has the eyes closed and is smiling, she didn't smile all the time and we allmost always saw her with opened "eyes"

I hope she changed into the goddess of beauty again
Old 2008-03-03, 12:16   Link #337
Flar

Quote:
No, I mean when she fought Miata, we got the telltale veins popping on her arms. Her scar has a tendancy to flicker depending on the size of her head in the panel, I don't think she erased it yet, arm should come first.

Edit: I trust shrimpy, since I suck at japanese, but I think what he translated "from this lady" can also be translated "among them", there's no mention of any "lady" in the text, so I will wait for other translations to check.

Last edited by Flar; 2008-03-03 at 12:31.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:30   Link #338
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Galatea would ruin the whole 7 thing the ghosts have going for them, and she took the pill it would take away her greatest strength, thus making her more of a hinderance to the team then a help, especially as they are now.

It all depends on how the next chapter roles around, but I don't see Galatea joining the 7 Ghosts.

BTW, the whole Clare having two smells is flawed, because Miata specifically states there are 7 smells, and that two of them are strong, so there would be 8 smells if what you guys are (jokingly I hope) theorizing.

As for her healing her scar, she would have to reopen the wound first wouldn't she? The scar could have been removed for that pic to give it a more "saintly" look.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:35   Link #339
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
As for her healing her scar, she would have to reopen the wound first wouldn't she? The scar could have been removed for that pic to give it a more "saintly" look.
Good point!

@flar
someone had the theorie that galatea worked only with short bursts of yoki to remain more stealthy.
Old 2008-03-03, 12:37   Link #340
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
[...] BTW, the whole Clare having two smells is flawed, because Miata specifically states there are 7 smells, and that two of them are strong, so there would be 8 smells if what you guys are (jokingly I hope) theorizing.[...]
In shrimpy's translations Miata doesn't state that there are 7 smells.
Even if she did say that I doubt she could count to more than 7 or that Yuma - super weak claymore - had scent at all (now I'm joking).
Closed Thread