AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-20, 08:58   Link #81
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Didn't Koizumi explain that they those two weeks they were stuck in had merely been 'cut off'? i.e. past and future still existed.
But then again, as Mikuru-chan says, not everything Koizumi says is correct.
I am afraid to say that Koizumi, even though he is the most willing person to offer his theories on any and all topics concerning Haruhi, is not an author-proxy. Itsuki simply have no means of proving one way or another that the future still existed during EE; he merely WANT to believe that they do. It's like claiming there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; the fact that a rainbow is circular and thus have no end, means the claim is unsubstantiated. But those who want to can still believe the gold is there if it makes themselves feel better.

In fact, Koizumi offer the "easy" option in nearly every explanation. Our brains are tuned to accept the easy way out, it takes a lot of mental training to not just trying to find the simple answer, but instead try to find the right answer.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:01   Link #82
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Well, now that there's a trailer out for the movie, I've got a question.

I can place pretty much every shot in the trailer except for one. It's a slo-mo shot of Kyon doing his "Aaaa!" face and falling/flying backward, with little Christmas presents and ornaments and what looks like pieces of window(?) flying back with him. I know it's probably something obvious I'm missing, but I'm not remembering any instances of Kyon defenestration.

Also, loved the shot of Tsuruya-san protecting her Mikuru... That's going to be a great scene... ^_^
Old 2009-12-18, 17:12   Link #83
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I can place pretty much every shot in the trailer except for one. It's a slo-mo shot of Kyon doing his "Aaaa!" face and falling/flying backward, with little Christmas presents and ornaments and what looks like pieces of window(?) flying back with him. I know it's probably something obvious I'm missing, but I'm not remembering any instances of Kyon defenestration.
I wondered about that, too. Expanded "fall down the stairs + go boom" sequence? Christmas presents and ornaments would make some sense based on the novel (since they were throwing that Christmas party for the kiddies), but the broken window seems out of place.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:22   Link #84
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
I wondered about that, too. Expanded "fall down the stairs + go boom" sequence? Christmas presents and ornaments would make some sense based on the novel (since they were throwing that Christmas party for the kiddies), but the broken window seems out of place.
Ah, that's probably it.
Old 2009-12-18, 18:41   Link #85
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The inclusion of that scene and the one with Koizumi's diagram means that they're doing the Intrigues prologue... which is nice, since it'll wrap up the story for confused audiences.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:09   Link #86
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The inclusion of that scene and the one with Koizumi's diagram means that they're doing the Intrigues prologue... which is nice, since it'll wrap up the story for confused audiences.
However I wonder what will they do about Snow Mountain now. At first I tought they would just show the parts of the past. But the falling of the stairs shot and Itsuki's diagram show they will show some bits of the "future" too.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:19   Link #87
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

It's only a month and a half later. Speaking of which, wouldn't the release date be around the time of the prologue for Intrigues? Coincidence?

Anyway, it's always better when things are brought full circle.
Wraps up the loose ends so that they don't have to deal with it later.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-12-19, 00:30   Link #88
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
It's only a month and a half later. Speaking of which, wouldn't the release date be around the time of the prologue for Intrigues? Coincidence?
No. The prologue is in January. Just after the turn of the year I believe.

Quote:
Anyway, it's always better when things are brought full circle.
Wraps up the loose ends so that they don't have to deal with it later.
True. My consern is how they are doing Snow Mountain/Where did the cat go.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:35   Link #89
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

No, it says near the beginning of February. At least, the one at baka-tsuki says that.

Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-12-19, 00:47   Link #90
Heatth

Quote:
No, it says near the beginning of February. At least, the one at baka-tsuki says that.
Ah, it is confusing. I just read the begining of the story. The story is being narrated at February, but it is set on January. As Time Travel wasn't complicated enough, it is all also a flashback.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:52   Link #91
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
The release date either coincides with the start of the main plot of Intrigues or is one day before it... I don't remember which...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-19, 00:57   Link #92
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Ah, it is confusing. I just read the begining of the story. The story is being narrated at February, but it is set on January. As Time Travel wasn't complicated enough, it is all also a flashback.
Ah, my mistake then.

Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-12-19, 05:21   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Not necessarily. The stairs bit could be flashback as Itsuki tells Kyon in the hospital. And the diagramming in the Intrigues Prologue happened in the clubroom on the whiteboard. This obviously is in the cafe on napkins (notice the tea cup), suggesting that they are fleshing out Kyon's explanation to alt!Itsuki and alt!Haruhi and his response (drawn on the napkins as opposed to simple dialog). They do have to spread this out to 150 minutes, so it's understandable that there would be quite a bit of fleshing out, even if they do end up including the Yukiverse side of the Intrigues Prologue, or the discussion afterwards.

Besides, that discussion afterwards is the perfect "get us up to speed for those who missed the movie" exposition for the first episode of a potential third second season...
Old 2009-12-19, 06:14   Link #94
Peanutbutter

Maybe the Koizumi scene is in the last few minutes of the movie, consistent with how Endless Eight ended.
Old 2009-12-19, 06:19   Link #95
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Maybe the Koizumi scene is in the last few minutes of the movie, consistent with how Endless Eight ended.
Consistent with how practically every Haruhi story ends, you mean.
Old 2009-12-19, 09:41   Link #96
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Consistent with how practically every Haruhi story ends, you mean.
I was about to put in Sighs but I realised it didn't end that way.

Wait, BLR ended that way too, I just remembered.
Old 2009-12-19, 10:44   Link #97
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I'd say every other story, actually...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-19, 12:52   Link #98
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

When you consider Koizumi's role as an endless barrel of exposition, it isn't really all that suprising.

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2009-12-20, 02:35   Link #99
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

One cannot deny that Koizumi has actually worked out his take on the turn of events... which is something that not even Kyon has done, for he has never had to make a succinct argument, which is understandable as that'd be him talking aloud to himself.

At any rate, Disappearance is a major turning point in the Haruhi storyline to me, and that's what I am anxious to see when it hits the big screen.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2009-12-20, 07:21   Link #100
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHydra View Post
When you consider Koizumi's role as an endless barrel of exposition, it isn't really all that suprising.
Might as well start calling him "Basil"...