AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2015-06-30, 18:13   Link #1201
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Since I will be moving eventually for a new job once I get my clearance and a start date, I decided to shop for a rice cooker since I do eat rice because I'm Asian. While my parents have a Tiger Fuzzy Logic rice cooker to replace a cheap one, I decided to spend a bit more and get a Zoujirushi 3 cup rice cooker since I hear good things about them. It costed $98.99 off Amazon after I used rewards points towards my purchase (it normally costs $106.99). While it costs more, I didn't want a big one or a cheap one that doesn't last.

I tried it out with some Japanese rice and it tasted good and it can cook as little as a half of a cup, which is good since I will be living alone. Didn't get the more expensive model since I don't eat brown rice. Aside from that, need to try the other modes one of these days.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2015-06-30 at 18:28.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 23:37   Link #1202
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

bought:

I clean up my room today. my uncle & aunt from Las Vegas came to visit my family
and they took me and little bro. to Daiso store. I bought a lot of stuffs to decorate
my room with.

let's see if I remember what I bought...lol.
Black cat statue, cat cup with cover, wooded fan, white rose paper shelve I use
to place all my paperworks inside, yoga mat, scissor, storage basket, nice little
basket for the restroom (so mom can dump her trashes in it), 2x squeegee
for our car windows or windows, paper clips, needle clips, cutting blade, cute little
lock, key chain, that 2 table clothes I place in the picture...and I cant' remember the rest,
but it were only $43 total! that's really nice. there are some wire laying out all over, maybe
i'll need to find some clippers to hold them together next time.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

also, bought some ice cream @ Joe Shave Ice cream or something...already forgotten the name,
but it was pretty tasty. and Lasko stand fan for my room ($40).
Old 2015-07-08, 15:06   Link #1203
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Matcha :3 Love that stuff, its like my crack
Wolfe La Piroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 20:33   Link #1204
Alithea

Location: The space between spaces, or New Zealand. I always get the two confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeraphimofEden View Post
Matcha :3 Love that stuff, its like my crack
I don't even know where to get it.
Alithea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 00:34   Link #1205
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

@Alithea I get mine from a store called Japan Centre, but if you dont live in a big city you might have to order it on line
Old 2015-07-13, 14:58   Link #1206
Dextro
He Without a Title

Finally got round to forking over the cash for a Retrode and I'm happy to say that my old copy of DBZ for the Mega Drive (Genesis) still works and it was only the adapter that was broken

Images

Now off to find some SNES games to play in honor of Iwata-san
Old 2015-07-14, 19:16   Link #1207
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

My Amazon order of the week was delivered toward (hooray for two-day shipping!):

Bunny Drop v.1-9
Spice and Wolf v.1
Yukarisum v.2-3
Hoshi no Koe
Olympos
Seraph of the End v.2-5
The Demon Prince of Momochi House v.1
Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn v.1
Afterschool Charisma v.1

Lady of the Eternal City by Kate Quinn
Two tank tops
One dress
Old 2015-07-15, 15:31   Link #1208
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Needed something to read "textbooks and pdf" files in bed.
Ipad Air 2 - 16gb
~$366 w/ tax from Target
They match
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 21:38   Link #1209
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

AOC - 21.5" Monitor

Bloody Monitor died today had to get a new one now no chiar for a while more
Old 2015-07-29, 15:52   Link #1210
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Yep, I finally started working just a few days ago. While the first week is kind of boring since I don't have a computer and a smartcard since it will be coming next week, at least I am earning a paycheck now to spend some on my hobby.

With that, here is what I got:

A bunch of computer stuff for the FiOS TV, mainly a HDHomeRun Prime, a Displayport to HDMI cable (for a HTPC) and a 100 ft ethernet cord to go back to the router from the other room. I wanted to go with a cablecard setup since the FiOS DVR that was left in the house is expensive ($20 a month) and I would rather pay $5 a month for a cable card since I have these old computers laying around that is capable for HD with a recent GPU for video acceleration. So far, the setup works, although I need to either get a better wireless card or one of those powerline adapters so the video won't be choppy due to the poor wireless connection.

Also, got the 2nd Cinderella Girls G4U pack with one of my favorite idol. Planning to get the Anzu, Ranko and Rin ones later as they got release. As for the blu-rays, I plan on getting the missing ones later on.

Also ordered a used Apple Cinema 24" Display, which will come early next week, to reduce the need of having a separate magsafe adapter while having a bigger display while being an IPS one and 16:10 aspect ratio (I hate 16:9 displays in general, except perhaps screens bigger than 25"). I plan on getting a Thunderbolt dock later on so I can have a dual/triple display setup and only need to plug in one adapter to access my USB 3 HDs and ethernet.

Still a few more things to order for my birthday, which won't come until the end of the month... and of course, I have to pay my living expenses.
Old 2015-07-30, 19:24   Link #1211
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I might need to replace my PS3's Blu-Ray Disc Drive again for the second time soon, or worst case scenario buy another PS3.

Otherwise, I've lately been using my usual video game money for art commissions on deviantART instead.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 06:58   Link #1212
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Recent gets!

Samsung 850 Pro SSD (512GB) - mainly purchased to give me a little more breathing room should I choose to put more games on it. I've repurposed my older 256GB Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) to be my Wii U drive, and for that, I needed a hard drive enclosure...
The Patriot Gauntlet 2 (2.5" HDD/SDD USB 3.0 enclosure) seems to have done the job quite nicely, though I did have to get a USB 3.0 Y-cable to make it work.

I was lucky enough to have been one of the first 500 subscribers to AnimeLab Premium, so I got a mystery box for my efforts. (Looks like there were quite a few different ones, other possible contents appeared to have included DVDs of Naruto, Evangelion, FLCL, Summer Wars, Redline, Arietty (BD), Naruto forehead protector, or Sasuke plushie)

Also, got these CDs:
Old 2015-08-04, 15:49   Link #1213
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Got a used Apple Cinema 24" LED display and so far, I'm very satisfied with the display as it reduces the need to have a power adapter and it's a 1980x1200 LED IPS display. While being several years old, the image quality and brightness is still like new as expected. It's a big upgrade over the Samsung 22 inch I have, although I can adjust the height and rotate it. Need to get a new stand to do that.

I found out that I can't do a dual screen setup with a Thunderbolt dock since I would need a Thunderbolt display, and the only company that make such displays are Apple. Yep, I will eventually revise my setup eventually and use the laptop screen as the secondary display and use the bigger display for the main. Otherwise, I will be wasting the increased screen space.
Old 2015-08-25, 20:36   Link #1214
Kurono-kun

My amazon Japan Order^^

Kurono-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 19:44   Link #1215
Alithea

Location: The space between spaces, or New Zealand. I always get the two confused.
Images

Last edited by Alithea; 2015-08-27 at 04:37.
Alithea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-03, 23:17   Link #1216
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just bought my gaming rig online. I'm soooooo excited. I decided to NOT build my own this time and let cyberpowerpc do the grunt work for me. It should arrive in about a week or so. But that part-picker option is so awesome. It basically let me customize without having to do all the shopping around for parts. Plus they're going to test my system for me so I know my computer won't explode when I turn it on, lol.

Here's the summary of it (I'm leaving out some smaller components):

Thermaltake V31 case
MSI Z170A motherboard
i7-6700k CPU
NVIDIA GTX 970 (x2)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooler
480GB Intel 535 SSD
16GB GSKILL Ripjaw V RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 1050W Power Supply
CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I've read literature on the actual power draw from the main components and I THINK a 1050W should be sufficient for the i7-6700k and 2 GTX 970's in SLI. We'll see. I'm having them test the system to make sure, and considering I'll be putting in another HDD or two, I might have to upgrade to a 1200W power supply. I suppose we'll see.

And hopefully Windows 10 works out okay (I currently use Windows 7 Home). If it doesn't, I'll just wipe it and mirror my current SSD onto the new one.

This new system is absolutely going to blow my current one out of the water (i5-2500k, GTX 570, 8GB RAM, etc). Geez, my hands are shaking from excitement. I can't freaking wait!!
Old 2015-09-04, 02:43   Link #1217
P99

I've recently bought:
Xit XTETN extension tube set for Nikon
Saga vol. 3 and 4
Hawkeye vol. 1
Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
Letters to a Young Poet - Rilke
BADLANDS (Deluxe) - Halsey

Really excited for the extension tubes to arrive! I've never used them before, so it'll be interesting to see how they impact my macro photography experience!
Old 2015-09-04, 02:56   Link #1218
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I just bought my gaming rig online. I'm soooooo excited. I decided to NOT build my own this time and let cyberpowerpc do the grunt work for me. It should arrive in about a week or so. But that part-picker option is so awesome. It basically let me customize without having to do all the shopping around for parts. Plus they're going to test my system for me so I know my computer won't explode when I turn it on, lol.

Here's the summary of it (I'm leaving out some smaller components):

Thermaltake V31 case
MSI Z170A motherboard
i7-6700k CPU
NVIDIA GTX 970 (x2)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooler
480GB Intel 535 SSD
16GB GSKILL Ripjaw V RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 1050W Power Supply
CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I've read literature on the actual power draw from the main components and I THINK a 1050W should be sufficient for the i7-6700k and 2 GTX 970's in SLI. We'll see. I'm having them test the system to make sure, and considering I'll be putting in another HDD or two, I might have to upgrade to a 1200W power supply. I suppose we'll see.

And hopefully Windows 10 works out okay (I currently use Windows 7 Home). If it doesn't, I'll just wipe it and mirror my current SSD onto the new one.

This new system is absolutely going to blow my current one out of the water (i5-2500k, GTX 570, 8GB RAM, etc). Geez, my hands are shaking from excitement. I can't freaking wait!!
Im interested, why double stack the 970 instead of getting a 980? :3 Or hell, you could propably get a Titan if you invested a bit more
Old 2015-09-04, 15:16   Link #1219
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe La Piroko View Post
Im interested, why double stack the 970 instead of getting a 980? :3 Or hell, you could propably get a Titan if you invested a bit more
Because I had already bought one, and I'm past my return date. I could sell it, but frankly I hate using Ebay or Craigslist so I figured I'd just get one with a GTX 970 and SLI them.
Old 2015-09-04, 15:25   Link #1220
Wolfe La Piroko
Choir of Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Because I had already bought one, and I'm past my return date. I could sell it, but frankly I hate using Ebay or Craigslist so I figured I'd just get one with a GTX 970 and SLI them.
I have a 760 but I really want to upgrade.

But in good news my new monitors arrived so I have a triple monitor gaming setup now <3