AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-01, 18:00   Link #441
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
well , Mimmay wasn t an idol in the first 10 ep or so in the first series
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 18:12   Link #442
dieseltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
It's better to give Macross Frontier a few more episodes before starting a poo flinging fest between the gundam fans and macross fans. Plenty of series have started with a bang and ended up with a dud and vice versa.

But one thing for sure, 2008 is gonna be a fat year for mecha fans with Gundam 00 running, Macross Frontier and Code Geass S2 scheduled.

Ranka kinda reeks Minmay to me >.>, never liked her in Macross so i doubt i ll like Ranka at all.
Lt Glass seems like a winnar for me
I'm glad i'm not the only Lt Glass fan here, i do believe she will be alto's love interest in the end.
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 18:18   Link #443
dieseltrain

this is just wrong, they left the episode in a cliffhanger and the next episode is not till spring, thats plain evil.
Old 2008-01-01, 19:32   Link #444
winter45

Yup its wrong... its like code geass how they did it to the fans.. Japan should make Anime laws to prevent these cliffhanger gaps.

Well there is a possibility that misa look alike may be a love interest to Alto but until we ascertain her age then its up in the air. Ive been checking for the Misa look alike bio (specificly her age) on the net but cant find any info. I cant read japanese so i have no idea if her information is released.

For myself im guessing Ranka will most likely have a one way relationship with Alto just like Mao in M0.

As for Sheryl, I can see a Damsel in distress scenario before she starts having some feelings for Alto.

Ive read somewhere else, cant remember where that there may be a school theme to this series. If this is true there may be slight possibility that Sheryl may enroll to the same school as Alto, but i see this a little far fetched IMO.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 19:52   Link #445
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45
Well there is a possibility that misa look alike may be a love interest to Alto but until we ascertain her age then its up in the air. Ive been checking for the Misa look alike bio (specificly her age) on the net but cant find any info. I cant read japanese so i have no idea if her information is released.
All the ages of the three characters are just one year apart from each other. Sheryl is 17 if I'm not mistaken, which makes Alto and Ranka 16 and 15 years old respectively. Not much of a difference if you're going by numbers.

Misa and Hikaru on the other hand, are actually three years apart, with Misa being the older one. And if memory serves me right, Minmei is younger than Hikaru by a year.

I don't think their ages really play that much of a role here.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 19:59   Link #446
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
All the ages of the three characters are just one year apart from each other. Sheryl is 17 if I'm not mistaken, which makes Alto and Ranka 16 and 15 years old respectively. Not much of a difference if you're going by numbers.

Misa and Hikaru on the other hand, are actually three years apart. I don't see what's the fuss actually.
Oh i was specificly looking for that Misa look alike, (think its lieutenant Glass) age. Someone previously mentioned a 3rd love interest indicated at 1Lt Glass but was wondering what her age is. Sometimes in Anime they may be older than what they appear so was doing some research to find out the age gap to haver a better judgment if the possibility of a threeway love rival.

But yes i do agree 3 years apart is nothing. For all we know lieutenant Glass may be over 30. (Unlikely tho)

Last edited by winter45; 2008-01-01 at 21:28. Reason: spelling error
Old 2008-01-01, 20:06   Link #447
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh, her.

In that case, I have no idea either.

But a love square? That's pretty big for a Macross story.
Old 2008-01-01, 20:09   Link #448
dieseltrain

I just hope the ending for this macross was more conclusive then the original.
Old 2008-01-01, 20:53   Link #449
ZODDGUTS

Okay just started watching the first Macross series and when Hikaru shot a Zentradi mobile suit a Zentradi came out of it big WTF there lol anyways his hair color wasn't green but red. So it looks not all Zentradi's have green hair color.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:07   Link #450
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Okay just started watching the first Macross series and when Hikaru shot a Zentradi mobile suit a Zentradi came out of it big WTF there lol anyways his hair color wasn't green but red. So it looks not all Zentradi's have green hair color.
hmmm...red? come to think of it, i remember that.

Meltradi have green AND red hair.

but the first series was a bit of a mess, in the Macross rules there, i mean Maximus the glass-wearing pilot, had greenish hair in the original series.

But after it, they corrected his hair to bluish, and in macross 7 it went even darker, so it looked more natural.

his daughter mylene is pinkish or red -ish, but her mother has green hair, just like her elder sister.

which is consistent to meltradi colouring.

then you had Gamlin who was half zentradi/meltradi and had PURPLE hair, will, if you mix light green and light red.....er.....Purple?

So if you rule out the off-colouring of the original greenish/bluish Maximilian....

non-natural hair of green/pink/red/purple = meltradi/zentradi blood.
Old 2008-01-01, 21:21   Link #451
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

non-natural hair of green/pink/red/purple = meltradi/zentradi blood.
I always knew those Irish were aliens.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 21:31   Link #452
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
What's so disappointing about that? Misa is simply the right woman for Hikaru with all things considered. I did kind of feel sorry for Minmei at that time, especially in DYRL, but it would've been also disappointing, more so even, if it went the other way around.
Because it's been there done that x3 if you include Robotech.

Also, I like Ranka and I think that Alto x Ranka is a nice combo.
Old 2008-01-01, 22:22   Link #453
winter45

Im honestly Rooting for Alto x Sheryl

I think their relationship will be more complex and more interesting on how they would grow on each other as they mature.

I just find Alto x Ranka will be too 1 Dimensional. But i could be wrong but i just have to wait for the series to continue in April to find out.

DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!!
Old 2008-01-01, 22:50   Link #454
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Ozma Lee is our new Skull Leader and right now is just an all out badass, but surely he has a part to play that is unless he's somehow dead in that ClusterF$@^ of a combat sequence that was unlike any I'd ever seen before.
Ah yes teh new SKULL LEADER.

Wait a minute isn't it supposed to be SKULL ONE??

Anyways I'm Liking SKULL LEADER's sweetrRide. Did anybody notice that its quite different from the one Leon (guy squashed by red bug) was piloting?

Ozma's VF-25 had more armor. Heck it even had a smallish Elintseeker-type radar just behind the cockpit. I hope no one is gonna inherit that ride, because I definitely don't want another "Pineapple Salad" episode.

I've just watched the episode for the nth time, and its now Jan. 2, 2008 here in the Philippines. I an now fervently wishing that it was April 2008 already!!!!
Old 2008-01-01, 23:02   Link #455
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Ah yes teh new SKULL LEADER.

Wait a minute isn't it supposed to be SKULL ONE??

Anyways I'm Liking SKULL LEADER's sweetrRide. Did anybody notice that its quite different from the one Leon (guy squashed by red bug) was piloting?

Ozma's VF-25 had more armor. Heck it even had a smallish Elintseeker-type radar just behind the cockpit. I hope no one is gonna inherit that ride, because I definitely don't want another "Pineapple Salad" episode.
Well, he's a "Skull squad leader", and his voiced by KAMINA's VA.
He's freaking flagged with death flags all over his face even before the show started!

If this guy survives the series, I think Holland (from Eureka) will have a contender in the "lengendary death-flag defying character" award.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:35   Link #456
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
hmmm...red? come to think of it, i remember that.

Meltradi have green AND red hair.
Azonia had blue hair and so did Khyron.

But then Max had either Green or Blue hair.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 23:38   Link #457
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Im honestly Rooting for Alto x Sheryl

I think their relationship will be more complex and more interesting on how they would grow on each other as they mature.

I just find Alto x Ranka will be too 1 Dimensional. But i could be wrong but i just have to wait for the series to continue in April to find out.

DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!!

Yeah, cliffhangers suck.

Given that Sheryl has a career and is making loads of mullah, she prob won't be maturing that much imo. She's reached her peak in life at a tender age of 17. It's more interesting to see how far she falls when she gets competition. Ranka, having the most potential, will prob mature the most. She's starting out as a typical teenager with a future of possibilities thrusted into a war situation.

Alto has potential to develop since he's the proverbial number 2 now given a chance to prove that Michael needs to chill imo and stop being jealous that No. 2 is a girl magnet. Or admit it to himself (Micheal) that he's a closet gay and that Alto is not interested and move on.
Old 2008-01-01, 23:38   Link #458
winter45

New thought....

Ozma Lee x lieutenant Glass

What do you guys think?
Old 2008-01-01, 23:48   Link #459
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Macross the original had a willingness to kill anyone without the cheat enabled. IN M25 there is a graphic representation of the XO of an elite VF unit squished to bits >_<.
That scene was very disturbing. In the number of times that I was re-watching Episode 1, I always skipped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
It's on all the VF-19's but it looks like the 19 still hasn't replaced the old 11 as the standard fighter yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.C. View Post
It is, but the mass production models of the YF-19 and YF-21 still had pin point barriers, the only downside was to save power they only activated when under attack, only while in Battroid mode, and only on the shield. So they're fine as long as they actually make an effort to block. The VF-17 was developed too early to get them and I guess they didn't even bother putting them on the VF-171. What I'm wondering is whether the VF-25 has them.

I'm betting the VF-171 is going to be phased out completely after this debacle and replaced with the VF-19 for the regular troops, and more VF-25s and 22s built for the elite squadrons.
As W.C. mentioned, they usually only activate it on the shield, but it's also used on the main body (shown in Plus).
Heh. Just re-watched Macross Plus, apparently Isamu does a "Pin-Point Barrier" Punch against Guld's YF-21 using the right fist of his YF-19. :-)

Last edited by grss1982; 2008-01-02 at 00:45.
grss1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 23:59   Link #460
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Because it's been there done that x3 if you include Robotech.
Well, sure... But it doesn't matter either way when all three are just one year apart. Honestly it really doesn't matter as long as it all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Given that Sheryl has a career and is making loads of mullah, she prob won't be maturing that much imo. She's reached her peak in life at a tender age of 17. It's more interesting to see how far she falls when she gets competition. Ranka, having the most potential, will prob mature the most. She's starting out as a typical teenager with a future of possibilities thrusted into a war situation.
There's always room for character development. Actual age really has nothing to do it; rather, it depends on the story itself. And stories always have a given setup to start with—in medias res or otherwise.

In fact, to say "how she falls" already has something to do with change. But personally, I wouldn't word such a phrase that way as if there's something to be gained from it. If anything, I imagine that Sheryl will be passing the torch to someone else by the end of the story.

Tags
action, romance