Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-14, 01:54   Link #1
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
International Saimoe League 2009 - Tiara de la Alpha Canis Majoris

After a successful year, the International Saimoe League is back! A new storyline (sort of), new matchups, new contestants, same old insane format. 64 candidates (27 of which have yet to be determined) will face each other in a round robin tourney once again, and with the field becoming so much tougher, new questions arise.

Will a new candidate from a late 2008 anime shock the world, or will a candidate from years past reach legendary status?

Will a candidate participating in her first year find her moment in glory, or will a veteran make a return trip to glory?

Will a necklace winner add a tiara to her collection, or will Fate Testarossa pull off a repeat performance?

All that will be answered in this year long event. The next tiara will be revealed, and sixteen will once again take part in a revelation that will encircle the world. And it all begins here.

International Saimoe League 2009
Your light can change a destiny

If you want to help us out in running this event, visit us @ #ISML on irc.rizon.net

By the way, by moderator rules, there have been some additional rules for this particular thread.

General Rules:
  • Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.
    This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.
    To be clear:
  • Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
  • Do not add “VOTE FOR XYZ CHARACTER!!” anywhere in your post even if the intent isn't to purely campaign.
    We want intelligent, decent and fun discussions about the weekly Rounds and the subsequent winners & losers.
  • No Image campaigning.
    Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).
  • No "meta-posting".
    Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.
  • Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
    Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.
  • Do not create image only posts.
    You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images). PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images.
This thread has been approved by Klashikari

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-12-14 at 02:47.
Old 2008-12-14, 02:11   Link #2
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

another year of Rage, cheers, necklaces winners, Mad Dog, and fun stuff etc etc

GL to all D:

Edit:

omg first -runs-
Old 2008-12-14, 02:20   Link #3
FNSNA
Osaka is mai waifu

Another new year,
another new start
moe is serious business again XD
Old 2008-12-14, 02:30   Link #4
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Waiting for nominations next year................
Old 2008-12-14, 02:46   Link #5
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Oye, folks, don't start with "spammy" counting posts. That's real uncool.

Nominations will begin on January 1st. You can nominate 8 candidates, given the format you can find here: http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/l...ex_english.php
Old 2008-12-14, 02:59   Link #6
Eater of All
NOM

First time to click the General Anime section in three months, and I find the '09 thread only one hour after its creation. At this rate, the current month's lottery prize is mine.

And thus, the ship sets sail for a new year of glory. Throughout the voyage, there will be despair, joy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
Rage,
and loss of hair that all checks out at every fun-loving level. Buckle up, and hang tight, because here comes the ISML 2009.
/dramatic
Old 2008-12-14, 03:42   Link #7
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I shall be here again...get ready for more Shana rage
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-14, 03:45   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is it too early for this? Or is this just because we really don't about 2008 in the ISML 08 thread anymore?

And no spammy for a few pages at least... I'd like this thread to go as long as the last one with rather little unwanted intrusions/deletions.

27 open spots? Does that including the possible four remaining spots from Super Best Moe?
Old 2008-12-14, 03:49   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yes, I'm actually looking forward to ISML 2009 out of boredom. Since the competition begins next month, it's not really too early. Oh well, time to show off more of my abysmal Photoshop skills!

PS: Of course we can't let the old thread go to 1000 pages now, can we?
Old 2008-12-14, 05:58   Link #10
wontaek

Posting Etiquette:
  • Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads.
    Keep all Anime Saimoe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).

Everyone would already know this, but just in case, you may need to add an exception for threads that is made to discuss moe tournaments like the current 2008 Best/Super Moe Tournament.
Old 2008-12-14, 06:06   Link #11
Ash Falls Town

So these nominations...
Does participation in nominations require you to participate in the main event?
Because as much as I love Sumomo and would feel bad about not supporting her I'd feel worse about being forced to vote for characters from shows I don't watch or girls who aren't the least bit moe.
(Especially since at the moment I have 4 Kanon (02) characters and 1 Clamp in Wonderland 2 character which isn't a very strong ground to begin with.)
Old 2008-12-14, 06:38   Link #12
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

nice to see that ISML is on its second year, although i'm not totally pleased with most of the results last year.

i will still be voting, though, as always.
Old 2008-12-14, 06:58   Link #13
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
So these nominations...
Does participation in nominations require you to participate in the main event?
Because as much as I love Sumomo and would feel bad about not supporting her I'd feel worse about being forced to vote for characters from shows I don't watch or girls who aren't the least bit moe.
(Especially since at the moment I have 4 Kanon (02) characters and 1 Clamp in Wonderland 2 character which isn't a very strong ground to begin with.)
You are not required to do anything in nominations. I WILL recommend that if you choose to participate in the first half of nominations, have your favorite character placed on the 10 point line to give her your Maximum allowed support. The second half will allow you to vote for one nominee per group or abstain from nominating in any group (as of this version of the rules current as of this post). Any other concerns may be addressed in the contact page of the website or maybe here and have it possibly responded to by other staff members as replies in this thread as well.
Old 2008-12-14, 09:40   Link #14
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Yay, more ISML. ;x
Definitely looking forward to Fate winning again. ^^

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2008-12-14, 11:41   Link #15
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is it too early for this? Or is this just because we really don't about 2008 in the ISML 08 thread anymore?

And no spammy for a few pages at least... I'd like this thread to go as long as the last one with rather little unwanted intrusions/deletions.

27 open spots? Does that including the possible four remaining spots from Super Best Moe?
It is about two weeks early, that's for sure, but with barely any talk around the 2008 thread, I had the choice of either letting it die or keep it alive for a few weeks. I just decided to start the new one now.

27 open slots include the possible four remaining spots from Super Best Moe. The number will be adjusted accordingly if someone not already qualified that passes background check won their way through the final repechage round.
Old 2008-12-14, 13:30   Link #16
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Yay, more ISML. ;x
Definitely looking forward to Fate winning again. ^^
you really like to dream dont you?
Old 2008-12-14, 14:18   Link #17
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
you really like to dream dont you?
It's not a dream; it's a fact, which can be easily achieved considering her level of popularity/unlimited moe works and all of that would soon be augmented with the upcoming movie.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2008-12-14, 14:22   Link #18
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

hate voting will not allow that to happen....im willing to make cardboard bets and swim rivers if Fate actually gets 1st again on ISML
Old 2008-12-14, 14:46   Link #19
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
It's not a dream; it's a fact, which can be easily achieved considering her level of popularity/unlimited moe works and all of that would soon be augmented with the upcoming movie.
The movie will help her but like Game said there will be lots of hate voting against her. Even people who have her in a high position of their moe list may decide to not vote much for her because they want to have a different champion this year. So this year probably will be much more difficult to her than the last one.
Old 2008-12-14, 16:04   Link #20
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
hate voting will not allow that to happen....im willing to make cardboard bets and swim rivers if Fate actually gets 1st again on ISML
I think Fate pretty much actually has a 50-50 chance of getting the number 1 seed AGAIN, but I do agree that her championship win will cause a nasty side-effect once we get to double-elimination...
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe