AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 09:32   Link #2501
Lota

There's no way Ruri is gonna end up in Raku's harem. I think Raku came just because he needs to be in basically every chapter. If the author was going for RakuxRuri, he wouldn't have thrown Shuu in, the guy just came together with them randomly... I can totally see Ruri crying on Shuu's shoulder.
Old 2014-03-06, 10:03   Link #2502
Gundamx

it's not that Ruri join Raku harem but Raku join Ruri harem
(now she have Raku and Shuu )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 10:30   Link #2503
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was really worried when Ruri picked Raku to be her fake boyfriend, but Shuu tagged along so everything is fine. No doubt there will plenty of Ruri x Shuu ship-tease in the next chapter.

Nice to see Ruri get some focus again. I didn't expect her to be an ojou as well.
Old 2014-03-06, 10:34   Link #2504
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
it's not that Ruri join Raku harem but Raku join Ruri harem
(now she have Raku and Shuu )
and her imortal gramps
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 11:15   Link #2505
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
There's no way Ruri is gonna end up in Raku's harem. I think Raku came just because he needs to be in basically every chapter. If the author was going for RakuxRuri, he wouldn't have thrown Shuu in, the guy just came together with them randomly... I can totally see Ruri crying on Shuu's shoulder.
with this series so far is anything not out of the question I mean did u ever suspect ruri was an ojou-sama. This series has been predictable to a point but some of the things they've done are not typical nothings out of the question
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:20   Link #2506
Arkard

Hmmmm. The maid just mentioned the grandfather's "condition" being serious, not his "health" or "medical condition." Watch his "condition being quite serious" refer to his creeper mode lol.

Or he could be faking it once again... *cough cough* I want to see great-grandchildren before I die!"
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:25   Link #2507
sonicgx11

Hopefully this arc brings Ruri and Shuu closer. Shuu sharing pictures of Ruri to her grandfather was funny.

The bed-wet pic made my day

If Ruri begins to have feelings for Raku I will be highly pissed.

Come on Komi dont be predictable im beggin you !!!
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:41   Link #2508
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgx11 View Post
Hopefully this arc brings Ruri and Shuu closer. Shuu sharing pictures of Ruri to her grandfather was funny.

The bed-wet pic made my day

If Ruri begins to have feelings for Raku I will be highly pissed.

Come on Komi dont be predictable im beggin you !!!
Why is that predictable? I don't see any way this ends up with Ruri liking Raku; were that to be the case, the author would never have had Shuu tag along. He's never been present on any of the other occasions where Raku's raised flags.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 14:43   Link #2509
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
The more I think of it, there seems to be two ways the author can go about it. Raku charms Ruri with standard harem nice-guy decency or Shu himself takes the initiative.

And there are also more complex possibilities.

For example, Ruri could fall for Raku. But because of Chitoge, this is another repeat of the Haru situation - Ruri will risk compromising her friendship. So, Ruri first tries to suppress those feelings, but after struggling, decide to redirect those feelings to Shuu , as a "substitute instead". And, so true to the title of the story, the Beta Couple (Ruri x Shuu) is yet another form of fake love, because Shuu starts out substituting for Raku.

That's just one possibility.
just like Ruri is Shuu substitute for his first love?
(Shuu firs love was the teacher right?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 15:21   Link #2510
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Hmmmm. The maid just mentioned the grandfather's "condition" being serious, not his "health" or "medical condition." Watch his "condition being quite serious" refer to his creeper mode lol.

Or he could be faking it once again... *cough cough* I want to see great-grandchildren before I die!"
possible but i'd say unlikely I can still imagine ruri and shuu (i'm still on team onodera) but with this series anything is possible
Old 2014-03-06, 19:09   Link #2511
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
just like Ruri is Shuu substitute for his first love?
(Shuu firs love was the teacher right?)
It would be a fitting irony considering the supposed theme of Nisekoi to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
possible but i'd say unlikely I can still imagine ruri and shuu (i'm still on team onodera) but with this series anything is possible
Ten bucks that the maid will transfer to the school at the end of thr arc.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 21:43   Link #2512
sonicgx11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Why is that predictable? I don't see any way this ends up with Ruri liking Raku; were that to be the case, the author would never have had Shuu tag along. He's never been present on any of the other occasions where Raku's raised flags.
Most harems the friend supporting the main girl falls in love too.

Thats what I dont wanna see

Something like that happened in Negima.
sonicgx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 23:51   Link #2513
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

while I agree 100% that's something that happens a lot i'll just point out this

1. The main girl (despite the fact she's second to onodera on the feelings chart) unfortunately is chitoge. The girl in the lead is onodera
2. Ruri supports Onodera 100% in her pursuit of Ichijou not chitoge in fact I suspect if Onodera stole raku from chitoge she would be quite happy with that fact.
Old 2014-03-07, 01:50   Link #2514
Hiyono

Quote:

And which of those series has the author blatantly shipping said girl with a different character, one who happens to be playing third wheel on their secret trip?
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 02:43   Link #2515
KLGChaos
The Shermain

You know something went wrong when people are more interested in the Beta couple than the lead.
Old 2014-03-07, 04:56   Link #2516
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
You know something went wrong when people are more interested in the Beta couple than the lead.
because the lead couple is so painfully bad its not worth it. Even with the faking relationship they pretty much hated each other their only "moments" were when raku was forced to act like a couple. unlike with raku and dera who have a natural attraction. the beta couple is funny because its a classic trope girl hates guy severely but somehow falls for him and Ruri and Shuu r more interesting because both of them support their friends Shuu supports raku and ruri supports dera even moreso because both try intentionally to get their friend in awkward spots
Old 2014-03-07, 05:38   Link #2517
Sixth
Hu Tao

I read the hentai between Raku and Ruru..and i didnt like it, thus Raku x Ruri is an epic fail ship that will sink faster than Titanic did.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 05:51   Link #2518
Breimoon

come on it is not that bad(the doujinshi i mean).
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 06:59   Link #2519
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Something must be wrong with virtually every other series remotely similar to this then. No, I think it is false perception of a vocal minority just like the side-girl-shipping phenomenon.

I can, however, see the appeal of side couples compared to the main ones. Series like Nisekoi solve the main couple's story only at the very end. Especially with longer series and when some people read it for the romance only this can become frustrating. Side couple plots, on the other hand, are much quicker and less complicated as their development is finished over a short period of time (/number of chapters).

I guess it's the counterpart to the mindlessly devoted, boobs-in-your-face girl archetype. It's an oversimplified fantasy.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 07:50   Link #2520
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Ruri won't fall prey to Raku.

First thing, we got Shu there. Koshi probably didn't add him to this trip just for the lolz.
And secondly, if Koshi is in need of a "supporting her friend but later also falling for the MC" type, then he has Haru already. One is enough.
kyou13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life