AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-03, 23:07   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Weekly Jump titles

I've recently become interested in a few Shounen Jump Weekly series and was wondering exactly which series are featured in the manga. I'm sure many of you know and I would appreciate any information. Here are the ones I know about so far:

Naruto
One Piece
D. Gray-Man
Steel Ball Run
Busou Renkin
Bleach

I also know that Black Cat and Shaman King were just finished recently. I would appreciate any help you guys could give which would let me complete the list. Some information and your opinions would definitely be nice, too.
Old 2005-01-03, 23:28   Link #2
SlugZilla
woofles

REBORN!
Gintama
Muhyo and Roji
Mr. Fullswing
Eyeshield 21
Prince of Tennis
Kochikame
Mikakunin shounen Gedo
WaqWaq
Death Note
Ichigo 100%
Boubobo
Pyuu to fuku Jaguar

That's all I think, I hope I didn't miss some.
Old 2005-01-03, 23:28   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
I've recently become interested in a few Shounen Jump Weekly series and was wondering exactly which series are featured in the manga. I'm sure many of you know and I would appreciate any information. Here are the ones I know about so far:

Naruto
One Piece
D. Gray-Man
Steel Ball Run
Busou Renkin
Bleach

I also know that Black Cat and Shaman King were just finished recently. I would appreciate any help you guys could give which would let me complete the list. Some information and your opinions would definitely be nice, too.
Prince Of Tennis and BoBoBo BoBo er howvere many bo's
Old 2005-01-04, 17:00   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
REBORN!
Gintama
Muhyo and Roji
Mr. Fullswing
Eyeshield 21
Prince of Tennis
Kochikame
Mikakunin shounen Gedo
WaqWaq
Death Note
Ichigo 100%
Boubobo
Pyuu to fuku Jaguar

That's all I think, I hope I didn't miss some.
Thanks for the comprehensive list. I do indeed know Gintama, Mr. Fullswing, Eyeshield 21, PoT, Kochikame, Death Note, Ichigo, and Boubobo, but very little about the rest. So can I have some information such as mangaka, number of tankubons and available scanlations/translations for the following?

REBORN!
Muhyo and Roji
Mikakunin shounen Gedo
WaqWaq
Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar

Thanks a lot!
Old 2005-01-04, 17:19   Link #5
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
REBORN!
Muhyo and Roji
Mikakunin shounen Gedo
WaqWaq
Pyuu to Fuku Jaguar
All of those series started within the last few months, with the exception of Jaguar. And I guess Gedoh has been around for a while now too... But, I assume the reason you haven't heard of them yet is cause most of them only have a volume or two released so far.

And as for why Jaguar is pretty unheard of, is probably cause it's hard to translate. >_<
Old 2005-01-04, 18:36   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgoten
All of those series started within the last few months, with the exception of Jaguar. And I guess Gedoh has been around for a while now too... But, I assume the reason you haven't heard of them yet is cause most of them only have a volume or two released so far.

And as for why Jaguar is pretty unheard of, is probably cause it's hard to translate. >_<
Thanks for the quick response! Makes sense, though. Can you (or anyone else) give me brief summaries and your opinions about one or more of the manga I listed? I actually remember seeing a picture from Waqwaq and I liked the artstyle, so that one particularly interests me, but then again, all the rest do as well.

EDIT: Excuse me, I actually have seen Reborn! in Kinokuniya so I basically know what that is. I'll probably buy the first volume next time I'm over there. But I'd still like some extra info about Waqwaq, Jaguar, Shounen Gedo, and Muhyo & Roji. Thanks again.

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2005-01-04 at 19:34.
Old 2005-01-04, 20:46   Link #7
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

Shaman King manga just finished? Does that mean that story is a lot more developed than the anime?
Old 2005-01-04, 21:07   Link #8
Cgoten

Send a message via AIM to Cgoten Send a message via Yahoo to Cgoten
Quote:
But I'd still like some extra info about Waqwaq, Jaguar, Shounen Gedo, and Muhyo & Roji. Thanks again.
I think someone is already scanslating Waqwaq. Jaguar is a gag manga that is... Really weird? ^_^;; Dunno how to describe that. >_> Gedoh is an episodic series about this alien kid and well, other aliens and monsters and such that he deals with. It's by the same author as Jigoku Sensei Nuube. Muhyo and Roji just started a couple weeks ago, I have no idea what it's about...

I doubt that helps much, but at least that gives you a basic idea? >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoz
Shaman King manga just finished? Does that mean that story is a lot more developed than the anime?
Yeah, but it still ended abruptly.
Old 2005-01-05, 08:35   Link #9
Yoska
フランキー

The publisher's web pages devoted on Jump comics:
s-manga.net/boys/
jump.shueisha.co.jp
Closed Thread