AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-22, 05:14   Link #121
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Okay, when you scroll down, you see that screen cap that say's "Gurren Lagann music clip project". Right next to it are these giant Japanese kanji. Three of the kanji are highlighted in blue. Click on that. Once you do, you'll be taken to a page that look's almost exactly the same as the first. Scroll down to the screen cap again. This time, it should have two different play buttons displayed. You click on the best media player for you and then the trailer should pop right up!

Last edited by SquirrelLuvsPnut; 2008-05-22 at 05:17. Reason: mispelling
Old 2008-05-22, 10:51   Link #122
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Thanks, I'll do that.

Edit: Well, that certainly looked interesting. It makes me think we'll be exploring those alternate universes we saw in 26.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-22, 17:37   Link #123
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I wish there was more info on this movie. The show was too epic for words, Hope the movie is the same.
Old 2008-05-24, 01:59   Link #124
ThoHell

Hmm...I wonder if this will be any good. I hope it is and they do something different about the ending of the series, also hope that it isn't going to be about the past even though the series ended. Just didn't like how our main hero had to go out, endured the most and lost the most and alone. Well, here's hoping to a good 2 movies and totally looking forward to it.
Old 2008-05-26, 16:11   Link #125
Kisuke06
I see...

From 4chan:

Quote:
Quick summary from the Unlocking Gurren-Lagann Panel yesterday, with Yamaga(producer), Manabe(marketing producer), Ootsuka(assistant director) and Yoshinari(mechanic designer):

-The movies will surprise us but they can't say nothing or Imaishi will get angry.
-Movie is divided in two episodes, "Gurren Chapter" and "Lagann Chapter".
-Simon's "I'm nobody..." line is supposed to reflect the theme of the show, it represents growing old and being forgotten by the youth.
-Ootsuka favorite character was Nia, Yamaga's was Yoko, Manabe's was Lord Genome, Yoshinari's was Rossiu.
-Yoshinari designed the machines inspired by Russian dolls.
-They're planning on doing a new story based on Gurren-Lagann, but they can't say anything about it yet.
-“So we wanted to show human aging in Gurren Lagann. When you are young, you tend to say things like ‘Who do you think I am?’ but when you get older, you find it who you are no longer matters.”
-"Expect a big update to the Gurren-Lagann movie site mid-June, you will understand what Imaishi wants to do then."
Old 2008-05-26, 18:57   Link #126
ChibiToon

Ooooo... I wander if they will change the ending... ^_~

As long as they have new/more Viral scenes, I don't care what changes they make....

With the exception of them killing off Viral, that is... XD XP

VERY interesting news! Thanks for updating us!

CT
Old 2008-05-27, 13:22   Link #127
Kisuke06
I see...

Also, more detailed info here:

http://anime.miao.us/archives/2008/05/26/1416/

Some interesting parts:

Quote:
The meaning of Simon's "I'm nobody..." line:

"Until he asks that, he wonders who he is… he starts to say who he is but stops. But in that scene, the boy doesn’t care who he is. There is meaning that he is talking with a boy. Gurren is Simon’s story. And it continues with the boy. So the boy represents the next generation, and the next generation doesn’t care who you are."

And their final line for the event:

"If you are young in your twenties, please watch your Gurren Lagann DVDs again in twenty years. You might see something you didn’t see when you were in your twenties.”
Old 2008-05-27, 18:42   Link #128
kintoke

So finally, , there will be a gurren lagann movie with the same characters but with another story or just a recap of the tv serie???

Im asking because the final left me a little sad (tears and all of that)...

thanks
Old 2008-05-27, 18:57   Link #129
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintoke View Post
So finally, , there will be a gurren lagann movie with the same characters but with another story or just a recap of the tv serie???
This was answered by the current title of this thread: "Same themes and characters — all else different." Not much else is really known about specifics.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-29, 22:35   Link #130
ChibiToon

It seems they have a date now for the start of the music clips: 6/16/08. The first one will be the "RPG world" clip by Watanabe (feat. Kamina's theme song).

CT
Old 2008-06-03, 21:35   Link #131
7Th
Mixtape

Don't mind this post.

Last edited by 7Th; 2008-06-03 at 21:49. Reason: Ignore this.
Old 2008-06-15, 12:17   Link #132
v1nx

Send a message via ICQ to v1nx
http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=9gABG6TOJFM

fantasy Gurren Lagann!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-06-15, 12:33   Link #133
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

It was very awesome. can't wait too see how the next one will turn out.
Old 2008-06-15, 12:34   Link #134
Rayneing
Trombe!

Man, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT different. I'm still getting over the shock, so I don't know if I like the look of it yet.

Although adult Simon fighting alongside Kamina and Viral is awesome.
Old 2008-06-15, 12:36   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Damn, I was uploading that too

"ROW ROW, FIGHT DA POWA!"

Epic, insane!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-15, 13:39   Link #136
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Man, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT different. I'm still getting over the shock, so I don't know if I like the look of it yet.

Although adult Simon fighting alongside Kamina and Viral is awesome.
That's not the movie, it's a short music video with the characters in parallel universe.
Old 2008-06-15, 13:56   Link #137
Kirarakim

The music video was really cute. I think of it as a fun fluff. It was nice seeing Viral, Kamina and adult Simon all fighting together. And even nicer to see a happy ending.
Old 2008-06-15, 14:04   Link #138
ChibiToon

*takes a deep breath* AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! *explodes from fluff-overload*

They let Viral have a moment with "Tsuuma"!! (I just call her that instead of the longer title "Viral's Dream Wife".) XD

The only dissappointment was that the creator didn't even put subtitles while the characters were speaking. I kinda wish I knew what they said to each other. :/

CT
Old 2008-06-15, 14:08   Link #139
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I wish they'd make an actual show based off of that. It would be awesome.
Old 2008-06-15, 15:39   Link #140
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
That's not the movie, it's a short music video with the characters in parallel universe.
Ah. Well in that case now I'm bummed cause I once again don't know what to expect.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, mecha