AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-11-12, 12:18   Link #5321
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
I didn't say Vali would win easily but he would win. Also did Vali use everything in his disposal against Crom? I didn't see him use "Satan Lucifer Smasher" or "Reduce".
Well a majority of the fight was offscreen due to the Grim Reaper incident so we really can't judge it.

Here's why we know. Vali in DxD L is overall stronger than Issei in Pseudo DxD. Ddraig said that in Volume 24.

Crom Cruach has surpassed both Ddraig and Albion when they were in their primes. Albion said that in Volume 24.

When Ddraig was summoned, Issei stated that Ddraig was at the same level or even stronger than himself in Pseudo DxD.

Ddraig when he was summoned was stronger than Typhon. Although Crom was stated to be stronger than Ddraig and Albion in their primes. And Vali fought on par with Crom Cruach even completely overwhelming him in speed and was so fast that Crom couldn't dodge or block any of Vali's attacks.

That's all the info we have.

But I would say that Vali would defeat Typhon by being stronger.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 12:37   Link #5322
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well a majority of the fight was offscreen due to the Grim Reaper incident so we really can't judge it.

Here's why we know. Vali in DxD L is overall stronger than Issei in Pseudo DxD. Ddraig said that in Volume 24.

Crom Cruach has surpassed both Ddraig and Albion when they were in their primes. Albion said that in Volume 24.

When Ddraig was summoned, Issei stated that Ddraig was at the same level or even stronger than himself in Pseudo DxD.

Ddraig when he was summoned was stronger than Typhon. Although Crom was stated to be stronger than Ddraig and Albion in their primes. And Vali fought on par with Crom Cruach even completely overwhelming him in speed and was so fast that Crom couldn't dodge or block any of Vali's attacks.

That's all the info we have.

But I would say that Vali would defeat Typhon by being stronger.
I doubt it would be that simple. You have to take into account that Typhon's weather manipulation is ridiculous. Typhon's ability to create strong winds, rain storms and typhoons can put a damper on Vali's speed. The reason Ddraig was successful was because he could [Penetrate] through that. Furthermore, I would say Ddraig is much more durable than Vali as how he was able to shrug off Typhon's lightning. In all honestly I think it could go either way.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 17:41   Link #5323
Parry999

Typhon equal to Fenrir or slightly stronger. Vidar can kick Fenrir to death before he got his Balance breaker. Unless Vidar kills a nerfed Fenrir I don't see Typhon beating Vali. But DxD scaling been vague the last two volumes.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 18:58   Link #5324
sbh1fr

I think Vidar being stronger than fenrir is a special case, i think its more about compayibility than raw power, since Vidar's boots were specially made as countermeasure against fenrir specifically.

Anyway for a small change of topic. When Ddraig is manifested, i wonder if he can use Albion powers like divide and reflect.

Spoiler for from vol4 newlife:

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-11-12 at 19:22.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 19:40   Link #5325
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
I think Vidar being stronger than fenrir is a special case, i think its more about compayibility than raw power, since Vidar's boots were specially made as countermeasure against fenrir specifically.

Anyway for a small change of topic. When Ddraig is manifested, i wonder if he can use Albion powers like divide and reflect.

Spoiler for from vol4 newlife:
I support the compatibility, since an example is samael that can kill the dragon gods but that's not why samael is the strongest exsistence in dxd.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 21:01   Link #5326
aw454wtr

Quote:
I didn't say Vali would win easily but he would win. Also did Vali use everything in his disposal against Crom? I didn't see him use "Satan Lucifer Smasher" or "Reduce".
HD class dragons are immune to reduce, and Crom is above HD level, Using Smasher would require vali to stay still, aim, charge and fire all actions that would have him get pummeled by Crom which is why he never used it, Vali had to stay mobile to survive against crom
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 23:04   Link #5327
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
HD class dragons are immune to reduce, and Crom is above HD level, Using Smasher would require vali to stay still, aim, charge and fire all actions that would have him get pummeled by Crom which is why he never used it, Vali had to stay mobile to survive against crom
We dont know that, its just just your speculations i think. Only being immune to reduce are Ddraig, Great Red and Ophis.
Ddraig and Albion are heavenly dragons. Crom power is at the level of heavenly dragons but he's still an evildragon.
Old 2018-11-12, 23:51   Link #5328
Blazor 98

Quote:
How do you know that Crom is immune to it? Vali can simply use Half-Dimension to restict Crom's movements while he's charging up power.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-13, 07:31   Link #5329
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
How do you know that Crom is immune to it? Vali can simply use Half-Dimension to restict Crom's movements while he's charging up power.
No proof he can do both of those things at the same time, unless suddenly Ishi pull that thing from his ass
Old 2018-11-13, 07:41   Link #5330
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
No proof he can do both of those things at the same time, unless suddenly Ishi pull that thing from his ass
How is it an asspull? In his DxD L form his wyverns are the ones using Half-Dimension and they move on his command, so you mean to say It's impossible for him to charge up power while his wyverns are doing what he commands? You're not making any sense.
Old 2018-11-14, 00:24   Link #5331
aw454wtr

Quote:
How is it an asspull? In his DxD L form his wyverns are the ones using Half-Dimension and they move on his command, so you mean to say It's impossible for him to charge up power while his wyverns are doing what he commands? You're not making any sense.
Then why didn't he do it?
Old 2018-11-14, 05:02   Link #5332
Blazor 98

Quote:
Then why didn't he do it?
Ask Ishibumi. Why didn't Crom transform?
Old 2018-11-14, 12:50   Link #5333
sbh1fr

so, do you think draigg after getting summoned/manifested, can use vanishing dragon powers like divide...
we'd have 2 beings using both heavenly-dragon-emprors powers namely Issei and Ddraig.
Old 2018-11-14, 14:02   Link #5334
Parry999

Crom didn't promote either.
Old 2018-11-15, 00:30   Link #5335
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
so, do you think draigg after getting summoned/manifested, can use vanishing dragon powers like divide...
we'd have 2 beings using both heavenly-dragon-emprors powers namely Issei and Ddraig.
He should be able to, when Issei absorbed the DD gem it's abilities were recorded into ddraig's soul according to azazel

Just a thought, shouldn't Issei get a mentor/trainer to help him develop

Kinda unfair when compared to Vali who had 10 years of training by grigori, Kiba having Sizechs knight to train them while Issei had nobody, azazel barely helped in training issei he just pushed it to tannin for 20 days and thats all of issei's training with a teacher

If Issei had 10 years of training with a dedicated teacher like vali did, he would have grown so much that he in theory could face melvazoa now
Old 2018-11-15, 00:41   Link #5336
Parry999

His litterally training with Ddraig in Shin xD
Old 2018-11-15, 02:14   Link #5337
Blazor 98

Quote:
He should be able to, when Issei absorbed the DD gem it's abilities were recorded into ddraig's soul according to azazel

Kinda unfair when compared to Vali who had 10 years of training by grigori, Kiba having Sizechs knight to train them while Issei had nobody, azazel barely helped in training issei he just pushed it to tannin for 20 days and thats all of issei's training with a teacher

If Issei had 10 years of training with a dedicated teacher like vali did, he would have grown so much that he in theory could face melvazoa now
There's a saying "There's no better training then the real thing". Issei has used his experience from real battles to developed and It's not like he never anyone to teach him. Ddraig has taught Issei the workings of the Booster Gear and Sun Wukong has trained Issei how to fight more efficiently.
Old 2018-11-15, 13:29   Link #5338
Lucidrago

Quote:

The guy has already taken on Top 10 beings and defeated them. Why does he need a mentor exactly? And besides his mentor was Azazel.

Yes Azazel did help him train and learn the workings of his Boosted Gear as he gave him useful advice, came up with training menus, ways for Issei to become more powerful, etc. Just because he wasn't personally training Issei himself doesn't mean he wasn't of use. He most likely did the same thing with Vali. Azazel helped Issei develop.

While training will make you stronger, it's kind of a stretch to say that 10 years of training will make him stronger than a Dragon God. Why else do you think Chichigami told Issei he needs the 12 Heavenly Breasts when Melvazoa comes?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 17:57   Link #5339
godz

And there is also the luck factor, without the blessing of ophis and the great red body, issei would not have been able to beat a maou class now.
Issei is the only one in the world with advantage.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 18:43   Link #5340
The Infinite Dream

Ahh yeah he would have lol he destroyed an ultimate class devil before he died. To say he wouldnt be able to take on a mauo class is pretty absurd maybe not super devils but hed still be able to hang with maou classes.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote