AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-09-19, 02:26   Link #81
Morisato

Does the anime follow the Light Novel or is it completely different?

I noticed that the manga is completely different from the anime. Their initial meeting and the cases that followed (at least up to ch. 7) were very different.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 02:35   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In the first volume that I've read (English licensed), the first case is the ship mystery, but Kujo is already very well acquainted with Victorique and Avril.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 06:47   Link #83
SubaruSumeragi

It seems that Gosick is getting a sequel, titled Gosick Red.

Source:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-20173.html

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/gosick/
SubaruSumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 07:01   Link #84
dragon1412

i have mixed feeling about his, New york is the location this time ehhh, but aren't victorica and Kazuya already married in the prequel ??
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 07:39   Link #85
AP24

First of all, how did the LN end and what happened to Kazuya and Victorique at the end?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 08:48   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
i have mixed feeling about his, New york is the location this time ehhh, but aren't victorica and Kazuya already married in the prequel ??
According to a very trusted snippet,

The morning after Kujo was deported and literally minutes before Victorique was imprisoned, with Cecile's help she tattooed his home address in Japan on her torso.
Victorica tried to commit suicide on the boat by throwing herself into the sea, but was stopped in time by those police officers who were looking for a golden-haired loli.
On the boat to Japan, she fell unconscious and was sold to a pimp, but escaped after reaching the shore.
When Kazuya and Victorica are finally reunited, they confess their love to each other and share a kiss.
In the epilogue, which takes place in 1934, they have been married for some time, moved to New York City, and operate a detective agency there.
Even after being married for several years, Victorique still calls Kazuya by his surname.
Kazuya was injured in battle and walks with a permanent limp.

By the way, I'm very excited about this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 09:32   Link #87
dragon1412

hmm actually they already provided all that in the gosick red introduction but i'm actually looking for more about their marriage life rather than mysteries, as you all know, with the exception of Leviathan arc, all Gosick mysteries are kinda ...
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 15:54   Link #88
Zefyris
図書館狼

Eeeh... When I finished the LN before, I regretted the fact that we didn't saw more of their new life in Manhattan as the 「GRAY WOLF Detective Agency」. They seem to be a detective agency fairly well known in the underground, able to solve any mystery/murder and so on. The idea of seeing a a 25 year old Victorique and Kazuya in New York was quite seducing, I thought it was too bad only a few pages were dedicated to this.

I kinda like how sakuraba kazuki write, so I may check this.
According to the website, it will be in 1931, so 3 years before the last scenes of the first novels.

EDIT: Note that the sequel will be released on december, the 25th.
Which is...Victorique's birthday. Ahahah, well done.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-11-27 at 18:39.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:29   Link #89
AP24

I hope someone will translate just the last volume of the first series cause I want to know the differences in detail between how the anime and the LN ended.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 18:36   Link #90
Zefyris
図書館狼

the last volume is directly linked with the previous one so that would mean translating the last two (it's the same arc, which is quite different from the anime adaptation right from the start).
Old 2013-11-27, 18:41   Link #91
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I hope someone will translate just the last volume of the first series cause I want to know the differences in detail between how the anime and the LN ended.
Someone has been translating the light novels from Volume 1 here: http://ginironochou.wordpress.com/

EDIT: Here is the intro for the series' first volume, I assume, translated by someone in /a/:

Quote:
「<グレイウルフ探偵社>解けない謎はありません」
1931年、ニューヨーク。私立探偵と新聞記者として新しい暮らしを送るヴィクトリカと一弥。ヴィクトリカ がギャング連続殺人事件の捜査を依頼される一方で、一弥は「心の科学で人々の精神的外傷を癒やす」という著 名な精神分析医のもとに取材に向かっていた。場所も犯行手口も犯人像も全く異なる連続殺人事件の謎と、カウ ンセリングによる夢診断の不思議。やがて二つの事件は繋がり、恐るべき陰謀へと変貌する――。

"There is no mystery that the Gray Wolf Detective Agency can't solve!"

1931, New York. Victorique and Kazuya now live new lives as private detective and newspaper reporter. Victorique is asked to handle a case regarding a string of murders related to gangs, while Kazuya heads to a news coverage of a well-known psychiatrist famous for "curing the psychological traumas of (his) patients by using the essence of science". The mystery of the serial murder case lies in the fact that the scenes of the crime, the methods of killing used and the profiles of the criminals vastly differ from one another, while the psychiatrist utilizes the mysterious dream diagnosis for counseling. Before long, a link forms between the two cases, transforming into a dreadful conspiracy...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2013-11-27 at 21:18.
Old 2013-11-28, 22:37   Link #92
taichi-kun

wow I didn't expect this.. more Gosick.I really hope we can get a summary...... T.T

so.. the LN ended with them married and an epilogue with the couple living in NY and working as detectives (year 1934) But this new novel will be in 1931, a few years earlier..interesting...(Sorry to repeat what you have said but this is all new for me..)

I really want to read the final book.... it must be very different from the anime,I mean victorique tried to commit suicide .. then the pimp... the detective agency!!! It was a happy end

Thank you Marcus and Zefyris
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:36   Link #93
Sumeragi
Banned

*Tears of joy*

Yes, the story continues!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:42   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This past few weeks have been full of surprises...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 10:40   Link #95
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that's unexpected

More Gosick! And its the adventures of the very much married Victorique and Kujou. This seriously sounds like a dream come true. A part of me can't help to be worried, though, fearing this could end being needless streching, since our leads did get a happy end in the original story, and I definetly don't want that to change. On the other hand, I do want to see the married life of those two.

Conflicting thoughts, but overall, I'm excited.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 02:14   Link #96
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
A new chapter of themanga is out, focusimg on Victorique explaining some of Leviathan's tricks.... One of the things I have enjoyed in reading the manga is the different nuances of the story as it is told. Different things come out from both the anime series as well as the 2 vols in English of the novels. ^^
Old 2013-12-26, 04:11   Link #97
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Is that on the Japanese release? I don't know if the Gosick manga is still ongoing, and the last thing I saw of the manga is part of the Leviathan arc.

A sneak peek of Kazuya and Victorique, as depicted by Sakuya Amano.
The only recurring character aside from the "inseparable partners" is Ruri Kujo, now known as Ruri Mushakouji. Kazuya now works for the Daily Road, a New York newspaper. There's also some characters from the mafia.

Old 2013-12-26, 08:35   Link #98
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Wow. Victorique looks quite lovely and exotic there....
Old 2013-12-26, 14:14   Link #99
agrifolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Is that on the Japanese release? I don't know if the Gosick manga is still ongoing, and the last thing I saw of the manga is part of the Leviathan arc.
I think Flower means a new chapter of the scanlation. The Gosick manga ended last year.

I'm reading Gosick Red now. So far it feels a lot like a retread of the previous series, just in a new location. The relationship between Kazuya and Victorique doesn't seem to have progressed that much from before. Not really what I was hoping for, but I'll read on and hope it gets better.
agrifolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 14:32   Link #100
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Wow. Victorique looks quite lovely and exotic there....
She's lovely by default, and silver hair and a red dress give the exotic touch in a much more believeable way than merely being blonde.

It also makes her look like a vampire The good kind of vampire.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen