AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 14:19   Link #22441
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Page three with the second part of Kallen's past is complete.
All the "truth" (written by me) about Naoto too.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 22:14   Link #22442
Mazryonh

Bonzo,

In my view, it might have made a bit more sense if Naoto in your story was only Kallen's half-brother, borne by Zoyo but fathered by someone unknown (but irrelevant to the story). Most sensible people don't make big mistakes (especially when fathering unwanted children or children that are otherwise political liabilities) more than once, short of relentless stupidity.

I'm sure that when Charles' stranglehold on "Area 11" was in full force, Japanese were often looked down upon, and Britannian nobles who had "half-breed children" were looked down upon for "fraternizing with the sub-humans." That's why I think that Theodore fathering one child with a Japanese woman would be bad enough, but two would likely reduce him to a laughingstock.

Marriages for political power are definitely a lot more common in CG's universe than in ours now, though. In fact the "balance of power" was determined by many such marriages in history, and is part of the reason why so many nobles in the 17th and 18th centuries were badly inbred. I bet in CG's world marrying for love is considered something of an oddity among those with power and influence.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 22:50   Link #22443
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm sure that when Charles' stranglehold on "Area 11" was in full force, Japanese were often looked down upon, and Britannian nobles who had "half-breed children" were looked down upon for "fraternizing with the sub-humans." That's why I think that Theodore fathering one child with a Japanese woman would be bad enough, but two would likely reduce him to a laughingstock.
Given that both were born well before the invasion, and Kallen was around 9 at the time, he could hide both well enough. He certainly had enough pull to get Kallen installed as a legal heir in spite of her parentage.
Old 2010-01-30, 23:30   Link #22444
Lost Cause

Brit x Japanese

Mazryonh; Why do you find it hard to believe that a Britianian noble could not father or mother a child out of love? Granted they are the conquer of the known world but still (I'm injecting real history here for sake of argument so chill guys) its been a fact that where ever an invading military went several 'half-breed' children came afterward.
Also I think that Theo did indeed love Kallen's mom but was forced to take a Brit wife to 'keep up appearances' for the nobles(although I also think Theo is a low rank noble as we don't know if he was in the military).
Bonzo your story has me intrigued, let me know when I can read it when it's finished!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 23:34   Link #22445
Nobodyman9
Banned

@Lost Cause: Have you read any of bonzo's comics yet? He did a whole alternate ending to R2, along with a whole bunch of appendices. Here's a link to the thread where you can find all of them.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75163
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 23:56   Link #22446
Lost Cause

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
@Lost Cause: Have you read any of bonzo's comics yet? He did a whole alternate ending to R2, along with a whole bunch of appendices. Here's a link to the thread where you can find all of them.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75163
Thanks Nobobyman9 I'm so there! Also I love your sig LuluxShirly forever!
Old 2010-01-31, 01:46   Link #22447
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Interesting enough manga Bonzo, your work amaze me everytime. Keep it coming!

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 06:32   Link #22448
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Bonzo,

In my view, it might have made a bit more sense if Naoto in your story was only Kallen's half-brother, borne by Zoyo but fathered by someone unknown (but irrelevant to the story). Most sensible people don't make big mistakes (especially when fathering unwanted children or children that are otherwise political liabilities) more than once, short of relentless stupidity.

Marriages for political power are definitely a lot more common in CG's universe than in ours now, though. In fact the "balance of power" was determined by many such marriages in history, and is part of the reason why so many nobles in the 17th and 18th centuries were badly inbred. I bet in CG's world marrying for love is considered something of an oddity among those with power and influence.
Don't worry, I finded a way in the middle.
Old 2010-01-31, 18:23   Link #22449
Lost Cause

Thumbs up Bonzo

You
should definetly have your work published! This is the best fan fic I've read in a long time!

Last edited by Lost Cause; 2010-01-31 at 20:30.
Old 2010-02-06, 10:19   Link #22450
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

A little montage, here you can see better Theodore Stadfteld, the Kallen's daddy I invented for the comic.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-02-07, 19:24   Link #22451
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
A little montage, here you can see better Theodore Stadfteld, the Kallen's daddy I invented for the comic.
Mmm, you can definitely see where Kallen's physical strength comes from. Theodore's pretty built himself. His left shoulder looks a bit exaggerated though in the third frame of that picture--as though it's much larger than his right.

I'd love to read the fully completed and English-edited comic/doujinshi, because I'm quite curious as to how Kallen will deal with her family. It's already a foregone conclusion that she chooses to relinquish her old identity (and everything that came with it) entirely in your new continuity, but I wonder just what her father will have to say about it.

Theodore: Under Charles' reign, you would have been executed as a rebel outright. But as things are now, you can become my daughter again. The name of Stadtfeld still has influence with the new Empress' reforms. You can go far with my support, contribute to the greatness of the family's name, raise yourself high amongst the new nobility . . . .

Kallen: I don't want it. A name's just that. No one chooses whom they're born to--I did nothing to earn my name, and you didn't either. Besides, I've had enough of politics and power--I could have become Lelouch's Queen and ruled alongside him, but I didn't want it then, and I don't want this now.

Theodore: But where will you go now, without a name or inheritance to call your own? Will you really join the ranks of the nameless proles who have nothing to look forward to aside from where they'll be getting their next paycheck and next meals from?

Kallen: It doesn't matter. So as long as I can be with him.
Old 2010-02-08, 05:56   Link #22452
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well, the story is different, Kallen choose just to live like a Britannian because like japanese, she lost every wish and her japanese friends did to her something they didn't.

However, she go to speak with her father because...she want to be disowned and forgotten.
Old 2010-02-08, 06:10   Link #22453
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Mmm, you can definitely see where Kallen's physical strength comes from. Theodore's pretty built himself. His left shoulder looks a bit exaggerated though in the third frame of that picture--as though it's much larger than his right.

I'd love to read the fully completed and English-edited comic/doujinshi, because I'm quite curious as to how Kallen will deal with her family. It's already a foregone conclusion that she chooses to relinquish her old identity (and everything that came with it) entirely in your new continuity, but I wonder just what her father will have to say about it.

Theodore: Under Charles' reign, you would have been executed as a rebel outright. But as things are now, you can become my daughter again. The name of Stadtfeld still has influence with the new Empress' reforms. You can go far with my support, contribute to the greatness of the family's name, raise yourself high amongst the new nobility . . . .

Kallen: I don't want it. A name's just that. No one chooses whom they're born to--I did nothing to earn my name, and you didn't either. Besides, I've had enough of politics and power--I could have become Lelouch's Queen and ruled alongside him, but I didn't want it then, and I don't want this now.

Theodore: But where will you go now, without a name or inheritance to call your own? Will you really join the ranks of the nameless proles who have nothing to look forward to aside from where they'll be getting their next paycheck and next meals from?

Kallen: It doesn't matter. So as long as I can be with him.
Whoo-Ooo. I like this script.

Such a shame we never learnt about her father, especially when he was supposed to be that important :/

When I think that the whole parallel situation of Kallen and Lelouch is what made me interested in them at first...it's incredible it wasn't even properly devellopped.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 06:24   Link #22454
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

About Theodore left arm, it's my fault.

I tried to make the photo-perspective, but I wrong...how to explain, it's the same when you're in front to a camera, if you put a hand/arm in front of the lens, in the photo it's more big of your body/head in proportions....but I wrong.

Yes, Stadfteld family is very important, owner of pharmaceutical industries with important contracts with britannia army.

However, I decided to write the most important dialogue parts when the art will be finished, a lot of modifies could be done.

This is a example:

Theodore: "a exaggerated reaction, you're always so outspoken, however, I'm relieved, you want go away for a goal, not to isolate yourself, this is your way to tell me this Lelouch is more important of your life...it will be interesting to have a "dead-emperor-walking" like son-in-law!"

Kallen: "w-what are you talking about?! I never told s-something like that! and he isn't emperor anymore!"

Theodore: "hahaha! but you're blushed like a tomato, your body can't lie! Kallen, remember this, in a happy family, the wife feel herself like a empress and her home is her castle! Yes, I don't know what will happen in your future, but...who knows?"

Last edited by Bonzo; 2010-02-08 at 07:18.
Old 2010-02-08, 19:52   Link #22455
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
About Theodore left arm, it's my fault.

I tried to make the photo-perspective, but I wrong...how to explain, it's the same when you're in front to a camera, if you put a hand/arm in front of the lens, in the photo it's more big of your body/head in proportions....but I wrong.
I think the English terms you're looking for are "foreshortening" and "apparent size."

If two identical objects are placed in front of a camera, but one is moved closer to the camera than the other, one will appear larger in size to the camera than the other, despite the two objects being of identical size. That's "apparent size" in English, and by the same token a small object placed close to the camera can appear larger than an object placed farther from the camera, even

If a long object is placed in a way so that perspective "compresses" much of the object from the view of the camera, then that's called "foreshortening" in English. The simplest example is if someone points with their arm to you, the perspective "compresses" much of their arm so that it looks shorter than it actually is.

I'm sure there are Italian terms for these artistic concepts--after all, a great many Italian Renaissance masters (Michaelangelo and Leonardo Davinci not the least of them) certainly made frequent use of them, which is one of the reasons why Renaissance non-sculpture art looks so much more three-dimensional and less flat than the Medieval art it replaced.
Old 2010-02-09, 07:21   Link #22456
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

The part with Kallen story/past is complete, now the last page with her happiness.

However, this is the welcome-speech Theodore says to Kallen:

Theodore: "Kallen, at last you’ve come. I waited for you...you seem to have escaped from a hospital.

I admit I'm quite annoyed about what's happened here. The Britannian authorities came here for you with accusations of terrorism and evidence to back it up. My family lost its noble title. We had a lot of trouble, but now the new empress has returned our noble names, thanks to your service for the crown...all this is a little "contradictory".

I’ve never been around for you like a father, but I hope you understand I have a lot of questions for you. I don't know the reason for your visit, but I hope you can sit down and speak with me."
Old 2010-02-09, 10:46   Link #22457
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

It'd be fun if he pulls out a gun on Kallen after she refuses to do as he says. Then reveals that the paid off the thugs to go teach Naoto a "lesson" and that he doesn't want to be forced to shoot her.

How would Kallen deal with her father killing his own son/her brother, albeit "indirectly" and then threatening her with a gun?
Old 2010-02-09, 19:03   Link #22458
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

That wouldn't be fun in my perspective, that would be a tad cruel....

No matter, Bonzo is my role model, he reigns a patient amount of talent into his chosen fandom.

...lol?

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone will do my Kallen/Karen sig request... Anyways, I'll have to remember to check up on Bonzo's works when the weather clears up....

-sigh- Kallen is beautiful... -fanboyish mode activate.-
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 08:35   Link #22459
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

The wait will not be more long by now, I just need some info about american primary school, number of subject, etc...

For the last page.
Old 2010-02-10, 14:35   Link #22460
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

AAGH!

Nothing to do, I can't draw if the day is wrong....next art is a example, I finished a page, but I did two horrible panels, to redraw them was necessary.

Look the art, the same two panel, the old bad and the new good:

Spoiler for spoiler: