AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 48 35.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-25, 20:48   Link #161
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Man, that entire restructuring sequence Laura went through, and all it turns into is some anthropomorphic faceless suit of armor? Lame.
Well,the novel does mention armor started to cover Laura entirely...
It's didn't however mention how the armor look like(I think)....it does have yukihira though
Old 2011-02-25, 21:38   Link #162
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Man, that entire restructuring sequence Laura went through, and all it turns into is some anthropomorphic faceless suit of armor? Lame.
you should add, that 'dies' at a single strike
Old 2011-02-25, 21:41   Link #163
attobyte

Up to this point, among the available girls (Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Ran, Laura and Charlote) my ranking is:

1st - Laura;
2nd - Cecilia / Charlote (tie)
3rd - Ran (is she a love candidate ?)
4th - Houki / Rin (also a tie)

Honestly, Laura & Charlote jumping ahead (Kissing/Bathing) may be a good lesson to Houki, Cecilia and Rin (that "keep waving the pinky till he notices... ... ... Ichika NO BAKA ! *SLAP*" is totally useless and is getting annoying).

That's all bye.
Old 2011-02-25, 21:57   Link #164
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This episode's ending made me laugh so hard I could hardly breathe.

My personal rankings:

1) Charlotte
2) Laura
3) Houki
4) Rin
5) Cecilia
Old 2011-02-25, 22:52   Link #165
n120cky

Oh my, there is too much turn around in this episode.

For the bath scene, i feel like we only the half of the scene . . . ., more of it Ichika did have towel on his head, WHERE is Charlotte towel . Cahrlotte do her best to get Ichika out from his gay zone. In my opinion Charlotte is aggressive in soft way.

Luckily Laura now willingly help Ichika get out from his gay zone to, because she is one of girl who aggressive in hard way.

Now the school know Charles is Charlotte, I think we'll see another room management and still I purpose of the same room with Chifuyu.
Old 2011-02-25, 22:55   Link #166
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post
Honestly, Laura & Charlote jumping ahead (Kissing/Bathing) may be a good lesson to Houki, Cecilia and Rin (that "keep waving the pinky till he notices... ... ... Ichika NO BAKA ! *SLAP*" is totally useless and is getting annoying).

That's all bye.
I can agree with this for some reason.. Ichika has been completely dense the moment he started his very own harem, the only way you can get someone like him to notice is if you go on the aggressive.
Old 2011-02-25, 22:58   Link #167
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
This episode's ending made me laugh so hard I could hardly breathe.

My personal rankings:

1) Charlotte
2) Laura
3) Houki
4) Rin
5) Cecilia
Here is my ranking:

1) Chifuyu-nee
2) Chifuyu-nee in formal clothing
3) Chifuyu-nee with her back turned
4) what ever left after Chifuyu-nee is tossed up between Charlotte and Laura
5) And after that Houki can take him to shopping
6) Rin and Cecilia will have to be the vultures that deal mostly with the carcass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The problem is that Ichika was not even hinted having such obsession. To begin with, he was portrayed as basically a "go home club", and didn't really practiced Kendo until he get in touch with Houki (note that I wonder how he could have the time to practice Kendo AND Iaido/Kenjutsu).
So having Ichika going panzer about it was basically nonsensical and not really constructive to his character, to the contrary.
I thought it was just a confirmation of his siscon...

Agreed!

I have been posting a lot of screens lately, haven't I? I blame the fact how words fail me most of the time when I'm attempting to "talk" about this show.
Old 2011-02-25, 23:05   Link #168
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Mm mm mm. That is fine.
Old 2011-02-25, 23:05   Link #169
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by attobyte View Post

1st - Laura;
2nd - Cecilia / Charllote (tie)
3rd - Ran (is she a love candidate ?)
4th - Houki / Rin (also a tie)
I fully agree with this ranking.
Old 2011-02-26, 00:17   Link #170
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Softly Aggresive... or Fully Aggresive... both seem to actually work with Ichika not like Houki and the rest... He is seriously too Dense for his own good.

But seriously, Charlotte definitely won alot of points for the bathroom scene...

And final Scene in the classroom was epic.

Ranking:
1: All 5 girls

For harem, personally I think it is very hard to have a good ending that everyone will enjoy. In the end that's all I'm looking for a great ending to a great journey.

I wonder if the option for everyone winning is open???
Old 2011-02-26, 00:44   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"

"You don't want to bathe with me?" If Ichika said no to that question, then I don't know what to think of him. I guess he was man enough to admit that he wants to but in a hesitant way . The way Charlotte always approach Ichika is well, a bit seductive. Maybe because of the voice (well, I think I feel that way anyway). Once again, Ichika saw Charlotte naked so points for her but now Laura is joining the fray and she just made a bold move with a deep passionate kiss
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-02-26, 01:26   Link #172
JleeLink
....yeah

Great Episode and I enjoyed the battle to the point where Ichika got pissed at Laura and the VS system. I mean really he's just taking an unnecessary risk with wanting to take on Laura in that state with only partial IS mode when the instructors could of easily handled the situation.

But anyway it was another good episode with Charlotte doing great again and another "Ichika no ecchi" moment which literally made me laugh.

Have to say I was surprised over Laura's sudden kiss and why Ichika couldnt call up Byakushi himself when Rin attacked. Also Charlotte's reveal as a girl didnt really make sense.
Old 2011-02-26, 01:27   Link #173
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Here is my ranking:

1) Chifuyu-nee
2) Chifuyu-nee in formal clothing
3) Chifuyu-nee with her back turned
4) what ever left after Chifuyu-nee is tossed up between Charlotte and Laura
5) And after that Houki can take him to shopping
6) Rin and Cecilia will have to be the vultures that deal mostly with the carcass.
This ranking wins for awesome-ness.
Hmm, we also had Chifuyu-nee in her gym teacher uniform (complete with shinai), and now Chifuyu-nee in her military uniform (that skirt ) and also young Chifuyu in her seifuku.
Just remember to save a spot for Chifuyu-nee in a swimsuit.

Quote:

I have been posting a lot of screens lately, haven't I? I blame the fact how words fail me most of the time when I'm attempting to "talk" about this show.
Mere words fail to describe Chifuyu-nee in general so I heartily accept these images. XD If this show was about Chifuyu's run as an IS - I'd still watch it. And for that last image - how did that saying go, "Love watching you walk away but hate to see you go"?
Old 2011-02-26, 03:13   Link #174
eiyuu99

Looks like the girls will have a tough time climbing over the Chifuyu Wall to get Ichika.
Old 2011-02-26, 05:59   Link #175
Negi-bozu

Well, I really like episode 8.
Also, is just pretty normal that the main male character doesn't seem to know that he has an harem, and I'm not bothered by that, that's because if he know that a bunch of girls like him than the commedy part of the harem thing is less funny, or at least I think so.
Old 2011-02-26, 06:03   Link #176
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for my impressions (somewhat more positive, this time):

I can't believe I'm saying it but *gasp* this was actually a good episode! Needs more Charlotte though.
Old 2011-02-26, 06:44   Link #177
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All I can say is...

...read the damn novel. The anime direction messed it up pretty badly for Laura. Right now, if things were truer to the book, we'd be having WW2 all over again with Germ and Franc going for each other. Yes, the book actually MADE LAURA'S CHANGE BELIEVABLE.

But no. Its still GO CHARLOTTO because of all those bits that were cut out.
Old 2011-02-26, 07:03   Link #178
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negi-bozu View Post
Well, I really like episode 8.
Also, is just pretty normal that the main male character doesn't seem to know that he has an harem, and I'm not bothered by that, that's because if he know that a bunch of girls like him than the commedy part of the harem thing is less funny, or at least I think so.
Same goes to me. I think it's normal. Cause I've seen a series which the main male lead who is as dense as Ichika.

Anyway, I did voted for a perfect 10 here.

And now, my list is:

1. Laura (for now... )
2. Charlotte (too much Charlie overdose these days... gotta drop one place down...)
3. Rin (I still didn't give up on her, dammit!)
4. Houki
5. Cecilia
Old 2011-02-26, 07:08   Link #179
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Team tactics with Ichika/Charlotte were good, the rest of the battle was not... I don't even wanna get into it.

On to the meat of the episode: YES! Want more. Charlotte is obviously trying to seduce Ichika and I love every minute of it. Her attempts actually get Ichika's "blood flowing" unlike Houki/Cecilia/Rin who haven't found out how to break Ichika's dense-barrier. Laura's laugh in the hospital bed was cute and her final scene was hilarious. Could not stop laughing. I'm okay with her half-assed explanation for crossing over into the dark side because she looked damn cute making Ichika her wife.
Old 2011-02-26, 07:11   Link #180
n120cky

I think It's unfair for pilot who doesn't have personal IS for match . Or maybe with good pilot with mass production IS can out run personal IS?
Closed Thread