AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 16:39   Link #201
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Yeah, they kinda ruined Dutch by showing how he looks without his glasses. Looks like a dead ringer for the one black guy in SAO too...
It's kind of a given considering the "real life" setting. Personally I wish he would've included Eda and Shenhua and her cohorts...

Maybe Hiroe should make this a regular omake thing for the manga. That'd be really neat.

Quote:
And it looks like someone watched Moyashimon...
For sure! The first season is one of my top favourites.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:54   Link #202
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Kei Yuuki...*shakes head* ... the only one other than Kazuki from GetBackers to make me question my orientation...

And 'Revy' looks so completely un-Revy out of character...! She's so cute...
Old 2012-12-29, 22:34   Link #203
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

more pages.
the rest below
Spoiler for size:

quick and dirty translation of all the above.

Revy

Having stared many Hong Kong films, this Actress aims to make a name for herself in Hollywood. Often plays roles that are the polar opposite of her real life self.

Rock

3rd generation Japanese American. Studied Japanese extensively prior to his role as “Rock”. the way he studiess so hard Feels kind of Moe. Wears glasses normally.

Dutch

All the scene on the water with the torpedo boat is shot using blue screen backdrops and CGI indoors.
An veteran actor among the cast. The picture of him smiling at the camera during the red carpet debut suits him very well.

Benny.

Similliar to miss revy. Benny’s actor also often plays roles that are very different from his real life persona. An active and popular figure in pop culture and media. Often appear on magazine covers. During the 2nd arc he became good friends with the actor playing the Neo Nazi member “Fritz”.
Balalaika

The actress probably underwent the biggest change for her role.
An native Russian actress, the burn scars on her face and body are similarly applied like revy’s tattoo. For obvious reasons it’s a time consuming procedure she has to endure for all her scenes. The bottom picture was taken when she was saying” ah, get me a mocha too please.”

Chang

A very famous actor from HongKong(lol). Kinda feel like he is the quiet type kind of guy.
The picture above is taken after the scene where all the roanpur mob bosses meet for the 2nd arc. The actor playing Verrocchio- the Italian mafia boss; is actually a very nice guy.

Twin

The twin killer-chan that debut during the 3rd arc. In the show they are supposed to be different genders but the actors are actually twin sisters from Germany. The picture on the right is taken during the Cast reunion party after shooting the 9th arc( Roberta’s blood trail). Both sisters have grown up quite well.
Bottom picture is taken after the 3rd arc was filmed. Miss balalika haven’t taken off her make up yet.
Others

(Top pic) The last major scene in the 9th arc. We actually shot this scene in the Philippines instead of Thailand where the story was supposed to have taken place.

(middle) The last major scene in the 5th arc . We shot the whole thing in japan where all the local rules and legal issue made it a pain and also very costly. The make up artist here is trying to fix the katana in the actress for yukio’s neck, the first time we noticed that the protruding section of the katana was upside down.

(right pic) The actress for Revy likes to play with little kids as fabiola found out.

(bottom) a new character to debut on the next arc. She worked hard to secure her role in the upcoming arc.

(left) Independent promotional material. Revy playing the Dominatrix. Really nothing to do with the main story.

(bottom) A scene from the new season. Anyways we are still busy filming more black lagoon. So, see you next year during the new season.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:28   Link #204
Xagzan

Haha, man that's a riot. I hope he does more as well, I mean it's a shame Roberta only gets one panel (want to see what the actress is like in "real life!") and Eda and Jane aren't even there at all.

Of course, this also means that unless Garcia's "actor" is just a really young looking guy, they had a 13 year old kid making out with a 20-something woman on camera

I kinda wish more mangaka would do stuff like this, "behind the scenes" footage of their cast and whatnot, just for fun.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 00:54   Link #205
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Me too it was really cool.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:49   Link #206
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So the actors playing Hansel and Gretel are twin girls. (Now i fear a certain lolicon in AS will try something funny.)

Well that's ironic. Revy's actor isn't an American but a Hong Kong actress. Benny actor is a hotshot bad boy and is friends with one the actors who played one of the Neo Nazis. The actress playing Balalaika like kids especially the twins. You know what, i like the actors more than the cast of Black Lagoon.

Hopefully the author will do more "behind the scenes" works.
Old 2012-12-30, 06:11   Link #207
Helius

Thanks muchy for the translation indeed, Angry. Roberta definitely should've got more "coverage".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well that's ironic. Revy's actor isn't an American but a Hong Kong actress.
I'd like to imagine her as an actress like Maggie Q, an American who started out in Hong Kong and proceeded to Hollywood after her success there.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 12:23   Link #208
Freeter
beyond

And the series FINALLY returns after a two-year hiatus. Okay, so the 'new' chapter only has six pages of new material, but at least Hiroe's back to business.

Now if only a certain 'zombie' writer can do the same
Old 2013-01-20, 12:17   Link #209
gopackgo

No translation team to translate this :'(
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 20:53   Link #210
seiftis
~defying fate

Revy playing the Dominatrix is hot, lol

Though too bad Eda wasn't in the list, she's one of my fav.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:20   Link #211
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Speculation time?

Now, it seems strange that the new girl is completely cut off and have no place to go. This implies that she either dies or stays as a side character.

It is still possible for her to die, but at this point it seems too much work. And anyway they haven't got a Chinese-Chinese in the cast.

The issue is, what is she good for? She is a hacker, sure, but Benny has that nailed down. She seems okay with a gun, but she isn't special forces or anything. A trained soldier, so not easily killed like Jane would be, but not good enough to live off it.

The major issue is that she got cut loose and is now abandoned by the Communist Party. This means it might be a risk for the Triad to ever shelter her. Not when they have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Jane, at least, had things of value that she could trade for her survival. What does this Chinese chick got? If she doesn't have money stashed away somewhere she is so dead.

The way I see it, the only person who would protect her is Rock. Because he knows better than most what it's like to be abandoned by one's superiors. Revy would certainly object, she isn't going to let Rock pick up a new girl. And anyway they had a bad start.

And I have a feeling Shenhua is going to say hello to her at some stage.

I just currently have issues trying to devise a way for her to LIVE. I am almost certain she would; I just don't see how.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:19   Link #212
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
No translation team to translate this :'(
Its a DJ not part of the official series so getting raws maybe a problem. The usual routes wouldn't work. Whether or not the group that did BL will do this is up in the air. But probably not.

I wonder if the artist is going with these character designs or something similar. If he is I'm picturing a timeskip.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:32   Link #213
Xagzan

Wait, are you talking about that "behind the scenes" DJ? That's been translated.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 11:57   Link #214
gopackgo

No the actual series returned on the 19th lol. I have seen the Raws and it looks like no one is going to translate it. The group that used to translate Black Lagoon appears to be disbanded.

As for the doujin ya a translation of that was put up on ge.hentai awhile back
Old 2013-01-28, 06:21   Link #215
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
No the actual series returned on the 19th lol. I have seen the Raws and it looks like no one is going to translate it. The group that used to translate Black Lagoon appears to be disbanded.

As for the doujin ya a translation of that was put up on ge.hentai awhile back
Really JAC died? that sucks. Oh found it. Black Lagoon is really popular i'm pretty sure someone will pick it up. But usually they don't use stock raws.
Old 2013-01-29, 02:43   Link #216
gopackgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Really JAC died? that sucks. Oh found it. Black Lagoon is really popular i'm pretty sure someone will pick it up. But usually they don't use stock raws.
well JAC might still be around but they haven't done anything since the beginning of October so that's not a good sign. Plus nobody has posted on their website forum for a longggggggg time
Old 2013-01-30, 12:09   Link #217
Drkz

That probably explains why Bloody Monday hasn't had a update in forever either. Well hopefully another that likes BL will pick it up. Maybe BM too . Theres always hope!
Old 2013-03-23, 21:58   Link #218
gopackgo

wow someone translated the chapter, yesssssssssssssssss

thanks!!!!
Old 2013-03-24, 04:04   Link #219
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

after all this time, the only thing i care about is seeing that picture they always talk about....is that wrong lol
Old 2013-03-24, 13:39   Link #220
DarkDooM

Just that those guys that scanlated the ch.82 completely forgot that, after the hiatus ended, the first chapter to be released was a rerelease of chapter 81 with roughly 10 pages added. Thats why chapters 81 and 82 don't seem to connect at all...
DarkDooM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen