AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-05-04, 21:28   Link #1021
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ok, that's it, I'm sorry to have offended your personal integrity or something like that. I watched my share of Italian matches, thought they were boring and teams too defensive, and that's it. I'm not gonna keep on watching it just because I didn't like it and I'm not in the mood to spend some more time watching it again. What I saw a year ago was defensive by my standpoint. It might be a limited view of the whole league, but it was enough. English and Argentinian football, on the other hand, get me hooked in almost every match. Perhaps I'm more used to their style of play, who knows.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 21:50   Link #1022
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

You really haven't offended anyone at all don't worry, and I apologize if I it sounded as if I was offended as I was simply trying to explain you that there's a variety of "coaching styles" within Serie A and it's really hard to generalize it. I could spend posts talking about each of these coaches and their attitude but I know that would most likely not even interest you in first place so I am going to drop this as well. I hope you atleast got my point, that'd be enough.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 00:22   Link #1023
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
You generalized saying that in Serie A all teams play utlra-defensively. The national team and how they play is an other completely different thing from a nation's league. I hope you're smart enough to understand that, else could you explain me why England still hasn't won any other world cup since a very very long time?
Because they can only use English players? I kid, I kid.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 02:23   Link #1024
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Mind you, I'd pay fortunes to have a couple of England's national team's players with me. They've got who I consider the currently best footballer of the world, Steven Gerrard, plus Frankie Lampard to boot. I can't really say about the rest of the team, because I don't recall it right now .

Oh, and with the recent addition of Javier Mascherano to Liverpool, the Reds definitely have the best midfield of the world. Gerrard + Xabi Alonso + Mascherano, God I wish I had that in my team.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 02:23   Link #1025
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
That is sooooooo gonna hurt ...

Says the Gunners fan

*runs*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 03:13   Link #1026
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
GOOONERS WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR WITH A BANG!

In other news, stupid rematch of 2005. I want something new, but oh well Milan gets their revenge.
________
MAINE DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:55.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 03:30   Link #1027
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Interestingly, Milan was designated as the "Home" team of the final, meaning they get to choose which jersey to wear. They could have picked their red and black striped home jersey, but they still chose white - the colour they wore in Istanbul. This means Liverpool will get to wear red once again.

In terms of statistics, this will be Milan's eight final and Liverpool's seventh.

Not counting this year (2007):

Milan (jersey colour - result)
1963 (white - won)
1969 (white - won)
1989 (white - won)
1990 (white - won)
1993 (red and black stripes - lost)
1994 (white - won)
2003 (white - won)
2005 (white - lost)

Even though they lost wearing white in Istanbul, white has been their lucky colour and it seems like they are really determined to exorcise the demons of Istanbul by wearing white again. I now admire them even more because of that, a truly worthy opponent for Liverpool, no matter the result.

Liverpool have wore red in all their finals (1977, 1978, 1981, 1984, 1985, 2005) and lost only once in 1985. Ominously, Liverpool's opponents in the other finals all wore white.

Anyway, today is the Mancunian derby, if United win here, then Chelsea must beat the Gunners at the Emirates, or else the crunch Premiership match with United next Wednesday meaningless.

(That match is now being billed by some as the unofficial "Champions League 3rd-place Play-Off 1st Leg", the 2nd Leg will be played in Wembley Stadium the following Saturday. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 07:08   Link #1028
gin-3
who am i?

hi everyone, im new, im football lover, my fave is manutd, i want to join this interesting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Anyway, today is the Mancunian derby, if United win here, then Chelsea must beat the Gunners at the Emirates, or else the crunch Premiership match with United next Wednesday meaningless.
say hooray to United, they win EPL after won 1-0 versus City and Chelsea got draw with Arsenal. btw, what a rush match when united fight city, plenty time city player has to hard tackle united especially Ronaldo, and for Chelsea they fight well even with only 10 players.
gin-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 12:18   Link #1029
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

2007 FA Cup Final AKA 2007 Champions League 3rd-place Play-off

Chelsea 1 - 0 Man Utd

After 90 intense minutes, United's dreams of doing another Double were shattered by a Didier Drogba goal 5 minutes before the end of extra time. Thus ensuring Morinho at least gets a big cup, and perhaps hoping that would change Abramovich's mind in his future at Chelsea.
Old 2007-05-19, 23:11   Link #1030
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Gratz for the blues ... Considering the match was between 2 great devils in my eyes.. I totally forgot about it (until on of my friend mentioned it last night)

Anyway, season already ends (we'll be back next season -hopefully with Wenger and Henry But considering that we already bought our new keeper .. I hope whatever little things inside the office is settled.. I really do, I have an utmost respect with Wenger on how he developed my beloved Arsenal >.<).. and while Pool still our enemy, I wish to wish them all the best for next week... Maybe I'll spent some time watching it for Gerrard, who IMO, one of the best midfielder in this era

Guess that last night win means we still have to see "degreatone" next season, neh?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-23, 06:52   Link #1031
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Tonight is the UEFA Champions League final of AC Milan vs Liverpool, in Athens, Greece. A rematch of that epic final in 2005 between the two teams in Istanbul, where Liverpool managed to come back from the dead and win the trophy.

It's now about 7 hours to kickoff, but I'm already so nervous I don't know what to type. lol

If Istanbul was a "fluke", then Athens will be the coming of age of Rafa Benitez's Reds should they beat Milan for the second time in three years. Of course, Milan will be reeling for revenge for two years ago, and they showed they're still a strong team by making light work of Man Utd, and in Kaka they have a genius midfielder. The smart money's still on Milan, but never count Liverpool out.

Let's hope for a good game instead of the dull affair that calls itself the FA Cup final last Saturday. I'm gonna watch this till the last minute, including the trophy presentation, with no regrets, no matter what the outcome.
Old 2007-05-23, 06:59   Link #1032
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Good luck to pool.. .. I dunno if I can watch it or not ... I'm in final exam week as well @_@ .. but seeing Gerrard and Kaka's battle isn't some everyday game @_@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-23, 16:08   Link #1033
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

UEFA Champions League 2006/2007 Final - AC Milan 2 - 1 Liverpool

Well, what can I say? Congratulations to AC Milan. They deserved their win, though both sides were equally competent, in the end it's the minor details that made the difference. (Not to mention a very incompetent referee. xD )

Surprisingly, I thought I was going to be mightily gutted, but I'm not. If the Reds have lost two years ago maybe I would be depressed as they were in a more desperate position than now (finishing 5th in the league and not knowing whether to qualify for next year's tournament), maybe this time it's because knowing that Liverpool now have a certain future with the two new American owners that this loss can be taken more easily. Another reason is maybe deep down, I pitied the AC Milan players as well two years ago. That makes the two teams even now.

The rival fans can gloat all they like, but they weren't in two Champions League finals in 3 years, that in itself is an "achievement", to give it a positive spin. Though of course winning the thing would have been better. But this time I actually believe there can be a next time, unlike last time.
Old 2007-05-24, 04:03   Link #1034
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Ya, that game was freaking awesome.

Gattuso was an animal! Inzaghi was just brilliant, which team does he play for anyway?!

Overall, Milan played really well, a couple of fantastic moves by Kaka and Alonso, both doing the Zidane trick.

Great match up.... See you all next year!

In other news, TRANSFER WINDOWS COMING SOON!

I cannot wait to see which players will go where and to start it off, Man Utd have finally purchased Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich for 17 million pounds.
________
MARIJUANA

Old 2007-05-24, 04:18   Link #1035
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Couldn't help myself up ..

Sorry :s
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-05-24, 05:31   Link #1036
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Titus Bramble... the name says it all.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 08:10   Link #1037
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
^ Couldn't help myself up ..

Sorry :s
The first thing Sam Allardyce did upon becoming Newcastle manager - getting rid of Titus Bramble - was the first right thing he did. For the first time in many years, I can finally sense Newcastle actually becoming a tough nut to crack in the Premiership.
Old 2007-05-24, 08:16   Link #1038
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yea.. and for quite some times, I thought Harry have an eyes for spotting gem ...

I just hope our new keeper is ready .. 22 y-o is kinda young especially for a GK >.< of course unless you are Cech or Casillas >.<

But never underestimate Big Sam.. He turned Bolton into monster without hardly any money for transfer at all >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-06-25, 01:33   Link #1039
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

I cannot believe, it's finally over

The Henry-Arsenal saga has come to an end...

He moves to Barcelona for 16 million pounds.

His farewell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ4RV1qpPT8

He was one of my favorite players and now he has left my favorite club, I'm just shocked and really upset about these turn of events. True class player, he will be missed
________
SUZUKI ALTO LAPIN

Old 2007-06-25, 08:39   Link #1040
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Truely a sad day.. but Arsenal is not a one man team .. Would took some time to adjust to new Arsenal feel tho =/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
football, soccer