AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-11, 15:20   Link #10181
Gravitas Free Zone

Having ten Waffletragers per team in a game badly distorts its abilities. Or, so much HEAT flying through the air at the same time.

Most of the open-topped line has hideously terrible gun depression. I was with three of the aforementioned WTs which headed for the western hill on Serene Coast and then realized that we couldn't shoot down at all without being terribly obvious, leaving us to mug people who tried to crest.

I would also add that with as many of them around as there are, most of the time just shooting HE works, since the superstructure armor is terrible. Though I did use the aforementioned HEAT on the random regular Tier 10s that showed up.

I might actually like the Marder 38t the most.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-10-12 at 00:28.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 02:07   Link #10182
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Having ten Waffletragers per team in a game badly distorts its abilities. Or, so much HEAT flying through the air at the same time.

Most of the open-topped line has hideously terrible gun depression. I was with three of the aforementioned WTs which headed for the western hill on Serene Coast and then realized that we couldn't shoot down at all without being terribly obvious, leaving us to mug people who tried to crest.

I would also add that with as many of them around as there are, most of the time just shooting HE works, since the superstructure armor is terrible. Though I did use the aforementioned HEAT on the random regular Tier 10s that showed up.

I might actually like the Marder 38t the most.
I thought they had turrets on?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 02:39   Link #10183
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Though I did use the aforementioned HEAT on the random regular Tier 10s that showed up.
If you're going to run the 150mm gun on the WTE-100, you might as well just play an F155 or FV183. The 128mm gun is undoubtedly the superior gun as of now, with 6 rounds per clip, 2 seconds in between shots, 0.29 accuracy, 1.5 second aim time, and higher penetration than the 150mm.

If it doesn't get nerfed, the WTE-100 with the 128mm gun will be a pubstomper in an expert player's hands, and maybe it'll even fill a niche role in clan wars.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 08:56   Link #10184
Gravitas Free Zone

It's difficult to get a serious look at the capabilities of these things in the early days of the test server, since games tend to fill with all Chi-Nu Kais or all WTE100s or all that Tier 5 shoebox or all Marder 38ts or all... you get the idea.

But yes, I've seen the discussions of the 128mm vs. the 150mm. I've even seen it in the test server chat... in Russian.

The later TDs have full turrets, but not all of the early ones do.
Old 2013-10-12, 09:45   Link #10185
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Okay, I`ve watched the 8.9 test match in twitch tv .. Those TD`s look intimating but the loading time feels somewhat slower. The gun(I think that Jadgtiger uses it) was used on that Pz SFL whatever. That TD has excellent view range around 330 I think and the gun elevation is good(Well think of middle finger pointing up lol..I mean it is shaped like that haha)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:38   Link #10186
Gravitas Free Zone

I gave the 128mm a few shakes, and paid a bit more attention to the 10+ WTEs that are rolling around in each test server game. On Day 2 it looks like about a 50/50 split between 128s and 150s.

And on further inspection, I continue to like the Marder 38t. Its 75mm option has a higher ROF than the Hetzer's, trading off a tiny amount of penetration. It's taller than the Hetzer and doesn't have the superbouncy sloped front, but trades that for 100m more view range, making it at least mildly competitive with the M8A1/T40/Alecto/SU-85B in that department versus totally outclassed. Much better gun arc than the Hetzer in both traverse and elevation/depression. Slightly lower ammunition loadout, by two rounds. Also generally more maneuverable than the Hetzer, especially when reversing from pop-up shooting.

I did manage to get the most damage on either team during a tier 5 game versus a pile of Chi Nu Kais (seriously, they make up at least half of the composition of any tier 5 test game usually, unless it's half PzSflIVcs).

Would it win out against myself in an SU-85B or T40 or M8A1? Difficult to say. But it does make a nice alternative Tier 4 for people who might not like the Hetzer that much.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:40   Link #10187
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Type 64:

something something Taiwanese tank PLA colors outrage

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Does it actually get the ROC symbol or is that a mod?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 11:51   Link #10188
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Does it actually get the ROC symbol or is that a mod?
It came with the ROC insignia. I think even WG knew better than to put a PRC insignia on a Taiwanese tank.

Meanwhile, the Pz.Sfl.V, showing the limits of gun depression:

Old 2013-10-12, 14:46   Link #10189
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

And now for some comedy gold.

I got a hold of one of Garbad's replays (you can find it here) where he got virtually oneshotted by an Object 261 in his T-54 in the early game and spent the rest of the game raging about arty. I dislike arty myself, but this guy takes vitriol to another level.

Images
WARNING: contains strong language
Old 2013-10-12, 14:53   Link #10190
Gravitas Free Zone

Something something LOL butthurt pro player LOL.

By comparison, last night I did drive an AT 8 player crazy by making him my leFH18B2's special friend. Our interaction afterward was, by comparison, funny and civil.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-10-12 at 17:15.
Old 2013-10-12, 16:15   Link #10191
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

since i been playing mostly with unicum this day (including sela). yeah majority of them seem like to rage -_-

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:37   Link #10192
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:40   Link #10193
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm.. I'm starting to miss tanks..

Are German Heavies good yet?

Images
Old 2013-10-12, 18:46   Link #10194
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm.. I'm starting to miss tanks..

Are German Heavies good yet?
The Henschel Tiger gets a maneuverability buff, and I think its long 8.8 gets a ROF increase too. The KT and the E-75 lose their highest engine, which means a blow to acceleration, but also get an increase in top speed and I think some soft stat modifications to make the loss the top engines bearable.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:48   Link #10195
willx
Nyaaan~~

What about the oft-spoken HEAT nerf? Anyone try out the E-100 in this new meta?

I liked it overall but I felt it was just a turret'd TD but with low shell velocity and godawful penetration.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:53   Link #10196
Sumeragi
Banned

Daigensui Sumeragi-sama has blessed the German tree, allowing Tiger to truly be a destroyer of tanks.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:54   Link #10197
Gravitas Free Zone

HEAT is nerfed, but the nerfing mostly means that at Tier 5 it doesn't blow up an entire tank if you hit a tiny corner of it from a stupid angle. At the Tier 8+ level it's still reasonably competitive/necessary.
Old 2013-10-12, 18:57   Link #10198
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hm, interesting, when I free up a bit more over the next couple of months I might dip my toe back in! Admittedly, I miss the booms ..
Old 2013-10-12, 19:11   Link #10199
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
YouTube
This video actually taught me some things. I had no idea you could penetrate the roof of an IS-7's turret with 275 pen.

Quote:
HEAT is nerfed, but the nerfing mostly means that at Tier 5 it doesn't blow up an entire tank if you hit a tiny corner of it from a stupid angle.
Oh man, I still remember those 3-person medium derp platoons. Fun times, but I truly will not miss them.

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-10-12 at 19:24.
Old 2013-10-12, 19:42   Link #10200
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

You don't really need HEAT at T5, not if you're practicing shot placement and you're in an M4 derp platoon. Or even solo. I get pretty good results from my M4.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks