AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-03, 12:30   Link #21
Kallen4life

Quote:
Newspaper: Buggy the clown appointed Shichibukai
[Heading: The birth of a huge pirate crew with a total bounty exceeding 5 billion]
OH MY GOD THANK YOU THANK YOU, I CAN DIE HAPPY, LIFE HAS BOT BEEN IN VAIN

looks like Brownbeard isn't fodder .. and seems anyone and their grandma can use haki in the NW
Old 2010-08-03, 12:31   Link #22
ZeroForever

hmm Sabo having a connection with Law makes Laws rescue of Luffy make more sense. The fact that he's a cripple kind of makes it impossible for him actually have a effect during the war.

Curious what the deal with Bonnie is in regards to akuinu. I did predict correctly that she was going after Blackbeard though from that post war comment she had. I have the feeling that she'll end up being taking a Shibukai position so she can get the marines help in taking out BB.
Old 2010-08-03, 12:35   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, I was a bit hasty when I posted that.... check out the updated summary for the full details. Sanji's training still sounds hilarious, though!
Yeah you're right. That's hilarious.

Sure we're not going to get to see all the fights, though i hope we see a few.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:09   Link #24
Rainbowman

Another epic chapter, I wonder what Jewelry Bonney's secret is that has her connected to the World Government? The one wish I hope for is that there is no timeskip of any kind. It would only bring pain to certain descendants who's beliefs include unity. Other than that, the 2 disappoinments I have is: 1. Chopper returns to the island for training and Sanji remains on his island for training. 2. No new chapter on the week of my birthday.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:14   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This sounds like another great chapter. As we thought, Bonney is the one Blackbeard defeated. I'm glad she didn't die, but it looks like this may be the end of her pirate career now that Aka inu's caught her (loved the fact BB and his crew ran away as soon as they saw him). I wonder what makes her so important in the eyes of the WG...

Not surprised Moria survived, although I wonder why Doflamingo is so sure he's going to die soon. I love the way he threatened that guy from the WG, whoever he is.

The okamas knowing of a recipe that can make people stronger is kind of random, but oh well. Sanji's training should be tough. It looks like there really will be a time skip after all, although it's hard to tell how long it'll be.

And OMG, Robin on the color page <333
Old 2010-08-03, 13:15   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And OMG, Robin on the color page <333
I must see this right this second.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:40   Link #27
John D.

^I do like the fact that Akainu (presumably) came "alone" (no other Admiral or Vice Admiral visible at the scene) to face the Blackbeard Pirates (composed of Blackbeard, the first man with two Devil Fruits, five L6 prisoners and the others appears to be no pushovers either)... Cocky bastard aint he.
Old 2010-08-03, 13:47   Link #28
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I must see this right this second.
Here you go (sorry for the shitty quality):

Oda always has some of the best colour spreads...

Here's hoping Sanji will also learn some Newkama kempo...I can just imagine Sanji with a Death Wink .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-03 at 14:11.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:06   Link #29
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Still putting off the reunion, but at least it's for a good cause. Sanji and Okama Kenpo... that was expected, but honestly thought he'd have done it already.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:20   Link #30
marvelB

I'm actually kinda surprised that nobody's talking about Drake basically taking a huge dino dump on Kaidou's territory. The guy's certainly got some huge dino balls to do something like that! I wonder if this means we'll finally be introduced to the emperor himself next chapter.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The okamas knowing of a recipe that can make people stronger is kind of random, but oh well. Sanji's training should be tough. It looks like there really will be a time skip after all, although it's hard to tell how long it'll be.

Really, I'm not all that surprised about the super okama cuisine thing. Those wacky trannies seem to hold all kinda of zany secrets, after all......
Old 2010-08-03, 14:30   Link #31
james0246

^I expect the recipe is a lie, or at least the resulting food's side-effects will be a lie. In reality, Sanji will simply fight, and learn from, 99 Okama Kempo masters, and the resulting recipe will make a good bowl of Udon but nothing super powered in origin.

As for X.Drake...not much to say. It's cool that he is confronting someone in Kaidou's territory, but since its only a page, there is only enough to whet the appetite, but little to actually sink our teeth into. I expect he has some personal history with Kaidou, but besides that, I doubt he is actually trying to fight the Yonkou...
Old 2010-08-03, 14:32   Link #32
John D.

Yeah, I'm curious what Drake's plan is too. He didn't do very well against Kizaru and I don't expect him to be able to compete with Kaidou over territory. But Drake doesn't strike me as a reckless guy either, so he probably have some sort of purpose with agonizing Kaidou.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:32   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Here you go (sorry for the shitty quality):
No need to apologize, and thanks very much for posting it. Robin looks fantastic as always (along with Nami).

That is wallpaper material right there though. Can't wait for the scan version.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:40   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Law is a prudent man, so I'm not surprised to see him patiently waiting for the best opportunity to advance into the New World.

Drake raising hell on Kaidou's winter island in an attempt to invoke the emperor's wrath is very foolish on his part. He's picking trouble with the wrong guy.

How did Akainu manage to apprehend Bonney? Was he patrolling various areas throughout the New World and he luckily stumbled upon her?

The Gecko Moria haters must be eating their words right now. Much to the relief of our friend marvelB, the former warlord is alive. I'm not surprised at all about this, since there was far too much ambiguity about his "death". Oda gave several hints implying he was alive, and now it's been confirmed.

It's great to see that Sanji and Chopper are already hard at work in order to improve on their strength. I anticipate many exceptional feats from them in the near future .

All in all, this seems to be another very informative chapter. Good stuff.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:42   Link #35
marvelB

BTW, I meant to say this earlier, but I was caught up in all the excitement, so..... I humbly eat my words for believing that Capone was the supernova that Blackbeard took out. It looks like it was an entirely different entity that sucked up his ship after all. However, I'm still hesitant to jump to the conclusion that it was a certain golden lion who was manipulating that mass......

BTW, I find it kinda funny that Blackbeard would run away from Akainu despite the fact that he pretty much shrugged off Sengoku's Buddha shockwaves at Marineford. Plus, with his 2 DF powers, he should be more than capable of taking on an admiral (even if he's the most vicious of the 3). Maybe he had another reason for running away.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
.How did Akainu manage to apprehend Bonney? Was he patrolling various areas throughout the New World and he luckily stumbled upon her?

Actually, from what I gathered, it seems that Blackbeard had tried to make a deal with the marines where they would give him a battleship or something if he handed over Bonney to them (obviously implying that he knew how important she was to them). However, the fact that Akainu arrived at the island was seen as proof that the marines wanted to back out on the deal, so the crew ran away (but again, I'm confused as to why Blackbeard himself would run away since he had no qualms about taking on Sengoku)......
Old 2010-08-03, 14:44   Link #36
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It could have still been Blackbeard. There's no rule saying he had to stop at Capone, after all.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:51   Link #37
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It could have still been Blackbeard. There's no rule saying he had to stop at Capone, after all.
These events of these 2 chapters (besides the shadded in flashback sections) are occurring at approximately the same time throughout the One Piece universe. So, what happened to Capone clearly happened at the same time as Blackbeard trying to get Bonney to become his sex slave (I just lost a lot of respect for Blackbeard...then again, at least he is living up to his occupational standards). Additionally, Blackbeard has been waiting for the marines since he captured Bonney, which fits exactly with what the Gorousei mentioned last chapter. So, whatever happened to Capone (I also do not want to mention Shiki, preferring instead for there to simply be a random floating island...or maybe it is Kidd's ship ), happened without Blackbeard.

Quote:
BTW, I find it kinda funny that Blackbeard would run away from Akainu despite the fact that he pretty much shrugged off Sengoku's Buddha shockwaves at Marineford. Plus, with his 2 DF powers, he should be more than capable of taking on an admiral (even if he's the most vicious of the 3). Maybe he had another reason for running away.....
Honestly, I'm unsure why you are implying Blackbeard as the winner of this potential encounter (what Teach did or did not do with Sengoku is besides the point considering he was not potentially facing Sengoku at this time, but rather Akainu). I expect that Blackbeard can definitely fight against an Admiral, but I don't quite agree that he could defeat one (by himself) yet. Then again, I place Admirals on ridiculously high platforms...
Old 2010-08-03, 14:52   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
It's possible Blackbeard felt that getting into an altercation with Akainu wouldn't be worth it. I imagine there would be severe repercussions for him if the marines found out he left Akainu for dead. And of course, Akainu could cause some serious damage to Blackbeard and his crewmates should he be provoked. It's better that Blackbeard fled, seeing as how he probably had other important matters to attend to.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:53   Link #39
Kallen4life

well maybe he knows he's tough enough to shrug off shockwaves (they're sorta like physical damage), but not a lava fist which would burn right through him, making him Ace #2

or he just wasn't up to it - knowing that Akainu wouldn't chase, cuz he'd have to take care of Bonnie

also, he may have loads of experience with Sengoku & Garp (and he prly thinks Garp is too old too), but not Akainu ... and seeing Akainu take 2 quakes full on and managing to retaliate, blowing off side of WB's head (the same WB who one-shotted him) made him consider the admiral more carefully

also seing as how there're islands(?) of lightning in the NW - no surprise they're also floating masses of black goo that act like Yami Yami no Mi wannabes
Old 2010-08-03, 15:06   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Blackbeard trying to get Bonney to become his sex slave (I just lost a lot of respect for Blackbeard...then again, at least he is living up to his occupational standards).
Was it the sexual kind of bondage? I haven't seen the pics yet.