AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2016-10-07, 21:47   Link #1
FrejaOne

Madoka type plot (details inside + spoilers for Madoka)

Hi, I'm looking for the anime with the specific plot that happened in Madoka (and some other shows too but M is extremely well known so). Spoilers ahead.

Some special people are fighting mysterious entities--and later they discover that their enemies are the 'fallen' versions of themselves. There are dark secrets the higher ups on their side are hiding from them.

Like in Madoka witches are actually the magical girls, the very same ones after they get corrupted, and this is a big plot twist.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 10:59   Link #2
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Not exactly the same, but I think you're going to want to watch Ga-Rei Zero. It's got two different things that are sort of like this. I'll also warn you that the first two episodes or so are going to be a bit confusing, since they're actually showing events that take place later in the story. Very good anime, too.

Shikabane Hime might also be up your alley. Start with Shikabane Hime Kuro if it interests you, since Aka is a direct continuation.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.

Last edited by -Antares-; 2016-10-08 at 11:10.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-08, 13:04   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou (Day Break Illusion) is pretty close this part of Madoka's story.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-09, 08:14   Link #4
kitten320

Mai HiME since Madoka technically borrowed a lot from this show. Girls with special powers are told that they need to protect humanity from monsters but is that true?

Attack on Titan - anime does not go that far just yet but with recent manga chapter releases it is similar to what you are looking for.

D.Gray Man - it's long running shounen series but further it goes the more you start to doubt the good cast and especially their higher ups.

Fate/Zero - not exactly but it is believed that whoever wins Holy Grail, will have their wishes fulfilled. Is that so though?

Not exactly either but original FMA anime could work to an extend since creation of homunculus, the main villains is very different from Brotherhood.

I also second Ga-Rei Zero.

Psycho-Pass - you have this new, amazing system that cat detect criminals before they commit a crime. But how flowed is it and how exactly does it work? What stands behind it's creation? That's what main cast of police is to discover. Their government is not as flawless and amazing as they think.

Shiki - not really what you want but it focuses on morale and who is a real monster. Friends fighting friends.

Shinsekai yori - I can't remember the details but government was deceiving and lying and lots of dark and twisted stuff was done behind peoples backs.

Zetsuen no Tempest - a girl is murdered and two friends try to learn the truth. But the more they learn the less it looks like a casual murder. Just what exactly happened and did they know her as well as they thought?

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - several arcs and each one has a secret for you to learn.

Last edited by kitten320; 2016-10-09 at 08:26.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 22:20   Link #5
Shana

I second FMA (2003) and Ga-Rei Zero. Also Cross Ange.