Heero Yuy 29 9.60%
Kira Yamato 73 24.17%
Shin Asuka 12 3.97%
Athrun Zala 16 5.30%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-15, 07:25   Link #221
Strike Mk.II

I think ill go with Uso Evin. Although his skills initialy were mainly attributed to his newtype abilities, he became better after each battle through his battle experiances. I can imagine an older Uso surpassing or at the very least rivaling all the other pilots.
Old 2006-01-15, 10:22   Link #222
GX9900_NTlv9

Amuro Rey - No doubt the best, he grows really fast, when we see him at the start of Mobile Suit Gundam, Char called him an amateur, then at the end of mobile suit gundam, he became Char's rival. He piloted the RX78-02 with no prior experience, and defeated Zakus with no weapons but the plain melee power of the RX78. In Char's Counterattack, he was almost invincible with the psychoframe and the fin funnels.

Usso Evin - At the age of 13, his quick growth in piloting skills probably exceeds even that of Amuro. His ingenious strategies always catches his opponents off-guard and gives them the fatal blow. However, he lacks the concentration like that of Amuro and gets hurt occasionally.

Loran Cehack - Can't really be regarded as the best, his ms ability exceeds his own piloting ability, and with no strong opponents, he is easily beaten by the likes of the better newtypes.

Kira Yamato - The strongest coordinator, but the gundams he pilot are always the most powerful at his time. He didn't require much skill to defeat his opponents.
Old 2006-01-16, 09:32   Link #223
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I don't see Garrod on the list...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-16, 09:38   Link #224
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Oops sorry double post...>.<

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-16, 10:52   Link #225
GX9900_NTlv9

Garrod is a pretty good pilot, and probably the best non-genetically enhanced pilot. But speaking of Garrod, I think Jamil would probably beat Garrod in piloting skills, that guy is 30 years old and can shoot down and dodge funnels with ease!
Old 2006-01-16, 11:23   Link #226
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX9900_NTlv9
Garrod is a pretty good pilot, and probably the best non-genetically enhanced pilot. But speaking of Garrod, I think Jamil would probably beat Garrod in piloting skills, that guy is 30 years old and can shoot down and dodge funnels with ease!

Jamil is also a newtype.

He lost access to his powers when the world went poof, but he is still a newtype
Old 2006-01-16, 14:56   Link #227
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-93 HI-NU
He doesn't care what he pilots, he uses what he gets and he uses them to the fullest.
To be completely fair, he was a bit miffed that there was a Gundam Mk. II and he wasn't allowed to play with it ^^.
Old 2006-01-16, 15:40   Link #228
Blaat

I have to admit I'm surprised Amuro is winning, surely there are more Kira fanboys out there?
Old 2006-01-16, 16:06   Link #229
shaolo

The next pilot poll should exclude Amuro Ray and Kira Yamato because with those to on the poll all the other will hardly get as vote.
Old 2006-01-16, 16:22   Link #230
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Amuro as the better pilot,

however Char, as a leader and a symbol, i have seen him many times ordering his men about with tactical superiority and having a bit of banter with his men, maybe his ideas are a bit off but i really like him, and he had a pimped mask!
Old 2006-01-16, 16:33   Link #231
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX9900_NTlv9
And so can Garoad. Not being able to easily take out funnels his first fight against them is hardly a down point, as we all know that funnels are a b***h to deal with, especially when you're not a Newtype. The only one who esily dealt with them without prior funnel combat experience was Amuro (Jamile probably fought funnels before when he was a GX pilot in the war, and even if he didn't, he still had experience fighting bit mobile suits, which come pretty close to normal funnels/bits), and that's because his Newtype powers were well-developed, and his skills were through the roof at that point. Garoad fought funnels at a very early point in his piloting career, so it's kinda irresponsible to expect him to take them out expertly right away like Amuro and Jamile, who had way more piloting experience in general, ler alone Newtype powers/ex-Newtype powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
To be completely fair, he was a bit miffed that there was a Gundam Mk. II and he wasn't allowed to play with it ^^.
No.....that was Beltorchika who wanted Kamille to let Amuro pilot the Mark II to get his confidence back.....Amuro didn't say anything about wanting to pilot the Mark II, and he especially didn't complain about it.....
Old 2006-01-16, 19:20   Link #232
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Not to restart any debates from the Best Pilot Rankings thread, but I just realized something after rewatching Gun x Sword 26 again. For those who have seen Gun x Sword, or who have at least been reading the thread here on ANimesuki, there is an uncanny resemblance between characters and fighting styles of Michael and Kira Yamato, and Van and Shinn. Michael uses an eight i\wings of light mecha like Kira in S-F and liked to spam his beam rifle in episode 23 (I believe it was 23 where Van and Michael had their duel), and he is voiced by Kira's voice actor. Van uses swords (Shinn liked to use his sword a lot in Destiny) and has a bad attitude character, and his mecha used afterimages in Van's duel with Michael. Now here's the kicker:

Remember Demongod86's attempt at trying to say Amuro got pwned by a rock, aka Axis in CCA? Well, in Gun x Sword 26, Gun x Sword's Kira Yamato, aka Michael, got smushed by a rock. Now, I doubt this was an intent of the writers of Gun x Sword (well, it could have been for all we know), but I find that a hilarious coinciidence that they have Michael, who is uncannily similar to Kira Yamato, be smushed by a rock, and then some time later, we're having a debate about Amuro getting pwned by a rock, aka Axis. lmao
Old 2006-01-16, 19:26   Link #233
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Repeat threads are more annoying than one might think, especially when arguments from one are carried over into the other.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27134 - Ranking of pilots by piloting skill

Another day, another thread needing moderation...
Old 2006-01-16, 23:20   Link #234
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Repeat threads are more annoying than one might think, especially when arguments from one are carried over into the other.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27134 - Ranking of pilots by piloting skill

Another day, another thread needing moderation...
That thread link is no longer functional, just tried it so this is no repeat.

On another note, where are all the seed fan boys? UC pilots are winning by a land slide here.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-01-17, 02:26   Link #235
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
That thread link is no longer functional, just tried it so this is no repeat.
Yeah, because I merged it with this one 3 hours before your post.

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2006-01-17 at 02:37.
Old 2006-01-17, 05:05   Link #236
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
No.....that was Beltorchika who wanted Kamille to let Amuro pilot the Mark II to get his confidence back.....Amuro didn't say anything about wanting to pilot the Mark II, and he especially didn't complain about it.....
Yes he did! He did it when he was in the shower on the Audhumla.
Old 2006-01-17, 13:16   Link #237
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Yes he did! He did it when he was in the shower on the Audhumla.
I remember that one. Boy, was he a whiny prick at that time. I imagined that if he was annoyed enough, he'd go inside the MkII, start it up, shout at Camille "Mine!", fly away and pwn countless GM II's, Hizacks or whatever grunt suit he could find. At least until he wrecks it and receives his spanking brand new Fully Refined Hi-ZetaNuXiEpsilon Gundam complete with FIN (Freakishly Impressive Numerous) Funnels that shoot out energy beams capable of destroying colonies, massive rocks and grunts who look at it. Afterwards, he pwns every main villain then go to SSNTJ 10^2 and finally pwn himself just because
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
Amuro is so badass that the only one who can kill him is a powered up version of himself
Good thing he behaved like a good OYW hero should and let Camille be the star of the show. Bad thing though
Spoiler:

(back to the shadows...)
Old 2006-01-17, 14:56   Link #238
maohayato
Evil God

whats all this crap about domon not being a pilot!! he IS a pilot, not everyone can use a mobile trace system to maneuver on land, in water and in space. And being able to use hypermode also requires lots and lots of training.

Besides, if ppl say that mobile trace system is not piloting then you are saying that Zengar Zombolt is not a pilot. And we all know Zengar IS a pilot(for evidence that he uses a mobile trace system go watch ep 3 of SRWOG OVA or play SRW@3 where Touma gets one from the tesla lab and gets instructions by zengar). Another example is Guld, he doesn;t even move yet he pilots his valkyrie WITH HIS MIND!!!

So stop hating Domon, we all know he can easily defeat any other beam-spambot gundam pilot as he has godshadow and warriors insight. He has shown us that he can beat funnel/bits in the show, use military tactics against the death army and that he is a great squadleader(he is the leader of the shuffle alliance).

Sidenote: Master Asia didn;t even have to use his hands to destroy an ms, he used his scarf XD
Old 2006-01-17, 22:13   Link #239
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Domon really isn't a pilot though. He's a fighter. He doesn't even have a mobile suit but a mobile fighter. I thought that G Gundam was clear on this since they had both in the actual show.
Old 2006-01-18, 03:25   Link #240
GX9900_NTlv9

Nope, Jamil did not use his newtype abilities to beat the funnels, he lost his newtype powers after the war 15 years ago and can now be considered a normal human pilot. He only managed to use the flash system due to Lucille and after Lucille left, he's nothing but an average human. And still, he's a better pilot than Garrod, even without his newtype abilities, considering his piloting skills should have rusted after 15 years of no piloting.
Closed Thread