AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-10, 12:10   Link #24101
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe someone who has access to the knowledge involving AC's darkside wants to mess with them since that person doesn't have enough power to do anything against the darkness. I really hope this involves Aogami the 6th Level 5.
Old 2013-02-11, 05:25   Link #24102
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
when urban legend was mentioned in the movie thread. it remind me of the latest NT where the urban legend was mentioned in one of the reports. I didn't manage to understand what it is or its function. Its like an auto update that was done but someone or something which I don't understand. it start an urban legend to hide the real facts and this real facts are based in the dark side of the city where when one fact was state another facts or probably an experiment was being conduct to counter that legend. And within a week or two. that legend will have a counter attack or a new legend will be found to update that legend.

I still can't fully picture that way the urban legend in academy city works. I thought its just some gossip of the students but it turned out more complex with the AIM thing/beings? connected to it.

Specially how fast an urban legend was being brought up about No. 2.
You have to think of this like this:

You have a big crowded city full of people with mobile phones with cameras, many of them have powers that can detect what's happening around them (the boss of the Urban Rumors Site for example with his water droplet projection), powers that can see what happened in past on given place (to utmost detail like what people thought on that place), many curious people (like Saten) that investigate suspicious stuff (many of them purposedly) and tons of security behind every corner.

And now you have tons of experiments, many of which have gone wrong (on bigger scale), many people misusing their powers (not just level 5s), magicians occasionally infiltrating the city, Dark Side stuff like assasinations, kidnappings, manipulation with money, people (memories)...
and all of that must be kept away from public.

And the Urban Legends are a way to do so.
If you release part of the truth as a "rumor", even when someone publicly says the truth (with proof), they will just believe it is that rumor. And by adding a lot of crazy stuff (like the hard candy or pomade) the credibility of such rumor would decrease and the original information will be lost. And eventualy by making a lot of crazy "rumors" people will stop paying attention to them even if they were to contain real information (Shirai for example). And with that, the people will never realize the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe someone who has access to the knowledge involving AC's darkside wants to mess with them since that person doesn't have enough power to do anything against the darkness. I really hope this involves Aogami the 6th Level 5.
Yes some people can be releasing the information purposedly to damage AC, but I think they would find such a leak really fast.

As for Aogami - he can be easily the boss of the Urban Rumors Site, that water droplet projection would match such a pervert perfectly.
Old 2013-02-11, 05:39   Link #24103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
It's quite clever though; rather than try to stop the leak outright, they opt to make it so unbelievable with false truths that few if anybody would think of digging deeper.
Old 2013-02-12, 17:19   Link #24104
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

In light of recent news in the real world...

Who technically has a shot at being the pope in the Index-verse?
Old 2013-02-12, 18:10   Link #24105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
In light of recent news in the real world...

Who technically has a shot at being the pope in the Index-verse?
The Pope had already been elected at the start of New Testament.

(Coincidentally, they were showing [Angels and Demons] on TV yesterday night...)
Old 2013-02-12, 18:13   Link #24106
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Dig Terra out of the grave, apply make up, stitch him up, put on his seat -- voila.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:16   Link #24107
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is anyone here interested in becoming an admin of the Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki?
Please head over here to learn more.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-15, 00:07   Link #24108
tsunade666

150 edits. My edits in bt isn't even reaching 50's
Old 2013-02-17, 23:21   Link #24109
Stufu

Lately I saw BIRI-chan everywhere... I hope Index will have a good role in the movie, not just biting Touma's head at least make her more heroine-like
Old 2013-02-17, 23:38   Link #24110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Lately I saw BIRI-chan everywhere... I hope Index will have a good role in the movie, not just biting Touma's head at least make her more heroine-like
You do realized she has directly befriended the Movie Heroine right?
Old 2013-02-17, 23:43   Link #24111
Stufu

I do.... but part of my feeling say "come on I need more."

It's not like I dislike Misaka, I like her but I also want more Index (maybe in battle). I don't now how to describe my feeling :P
Old 2013-02-17, 23:46   Link #24112
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You do realized she has directly befriended the Movie Heroine right?
So we should expect some spell intercept to happen, at least. I guess Styil's makeshift harem will keep him too busy to keep Index out of harm's way.

Also, I guess this extra book was another one of the "enough for a full series" batch of ideas.
Old 2013-02-17, 23:47   Link #24113
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She has directly befriended Arisa, meaning she's already involved.

Touma will protect her from Magic side, Misaka would protect her from Science side, if this is anything like Hyouka, Index would be her emotional support or something, if this is like 0930, she'll probably do some singing.

I can't say for sure because we don't know what the grand plan this time would be.

Anybody want to take a couple hundred dollars trip to Japan?
Old 2013-02-17, 23:50   Link #24114
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I would like that when announcing index III on a poster, Accelerator and Hamazura are beside Touma, not the index and Mikoto.
Old 2013-02-17, 23:53   Link #24115
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I would like that when announcing index III on a poster, Accelerator and Hamazura are beside Touma, not the index and Mikoto.
I also want the, trio,heroes on the poster
Old 2013-02-17, 23:57   Link #24116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hamazura would be the one peeking half of his head out from the corner of the poster...
Old 2013-02-17, 23:59   Link #24117
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Misaka would protect her from Science side
Or rather, she'd help Touma, helping her by proxy, while being very tsundere about it.

Quote:
if this is anything like Hyouka, Index would be her emotional support or something
It would be so cheap if they play the "I'm a monster that shouldn't be" card again. Yes, I know, but we had to wait over 20 volumes for Kretune and Johnny.

Quote:
if this is like 0930, she'll probably do some singing.
Considering Arisa looks like an idol in some images, there'll definetly be singing.

Quote:
Hamazura would be the one peeking half of his head out from the corner of the poster...
With Mugino pushing him away while being in the center of the poster. Oh boy, I wonder how it will feel for the anime only people to find out about good ol' Slave.
Old 2013-02-18, 00:00   Link #24118
Stufu

Quote:
haha I can imagine! but hey he's a cool dude. he's got a harem of level 4s and level 5 :P one of the craziest harem in the series
Old 2013-02-18, 00:01   Link #24119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Or rather, she'd help Touma, helping her by proxy, while being very tsundere about it.
I was actually quoting from Misaka's seiyuu...
Old 2013-02-18, 00:03   Link #24120
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
counting still give to recognize it, and that the Index and Mikoto are not in it, it will serve.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen