AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-09, 07:46   Link #9261
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post

spice and wolf? when's the interview from? i've seen nothing of it posted anywhere.

and anyway, its koshimizu ami who teases jun about the lelouch kallen relationship.
Maybe just some fake interview... Who knows....

Yeah, Spice and Wolf.

Spoiler for crack in chinese:
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 07:52   Link #9262
Baixinho

*wants to join the newfounded Kalulu Empire*

Believe! Think gumline! Think development! Think plot resolution! Kallen is bound to understand Lelouch at the very end and to see through his lies. That was the sole purpose of her development between Ep 11 and 18. They wouldn't have spent so much time on it if it had no importance to the show. Lelouch's plan has to mess up at the very end, or else it would be too predictable: this is Code Geass we are talking about, the serie which has more plot twists than episode names!
His saddened espression during the whole scene, his farewell, his eyes closed during the kiss, the reference to CC's line to 'keep your important people away from you last episode, the quote from the sound drama, the gumline, ... everthing seems to point that Lelouch cares deeply for Kallen, to say the very least

Anyway, concerning the quote from Ep 24 I'd place my bet on CC or Schneizel. Nina became also a possibility in Ep 22. Kallen seems unlikely, Cornelia would make sense but I don't know how she could meet Lelouch in this eipsode.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 07:53   Link #9263
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Stoic equates to saddened?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 07:54   Link #9264
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Maybe just some fake interview... Who knows....

Yeah, Spice and Wolf.
i wouldn't be surprised if it was real but at the same time, its way out of character for ami. she loves kallen and i cannot see her saying something like that ever. shes also a staunch kallen x lelouch fan from what i recall (why she teases jun who is a cc x lelouch fan, iirc).

spice and wolf was a great show, they should have kallen and lelouch have a similar conversation at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
he looks regretably sad at several parts in that scene imo

but that aside, their is blatant artistic method being employed in the end of the scene when niether of their faces are shown when they say goodbye.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 07:54   Link #9265
Sinn
Pwnage

Remember the last time the key lines of "I was broken since the beginning", no one expect that it was Lloyd who said that, so people, expect the unexpected.
Old 2008-09-09, 07:56   Link #9266
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Toudou said the key lines of 22, by the way...odd.

Well, Lelouch seemed pretty damn stoic. The fact that he treated her as if he didn't even know her beforehand doesn't help matters any.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:00   Link #9267
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Well, Lelouch seemed pretty damn stoic. The fact that he treated her as if he didn't even know her beforehand doesn't help matters any.
well he did: lean in for and accept the kiss, he did say a very unstoic goodbye, and we see a close up on his face twice. the one that focuses on his mouth would imply that he wanted to say something but didnot/couldnot.

the only stoic thing he did was walk in complete silence and that didn't even last till the end.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:02   Link #9268
Dream_Traveller
Banned

He didn't even know that was coming. Look at his eyes widen as Kallen moves in. Sure, he then accepted it, but it was...I don't know. Without any sort of blatant acceptance or passion. And he didn't lean, no way did he lean.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:05   Link #9269
Baixinho

Quote:
That was not what I would call stoic : he was quite cheerful when he said "How nostalgic", but as soon as she began her monolgue, his face offed with the lips making a ( curve, and eyes were either not showed or half closed and staring at vagueness. This mood is more sadness than stoicness imo. But this is just interpretation I guess.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:05   Link #9270
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
He didn't even know that was coming. Look at his eyes widen as Kallen moves in. Sure, he then accepted it, but it was...I don't know. Without any sort of blatant acceptance or passion. And he didn't lean, no way did he lean.
i'd be surprised too given the situation. its hard to play stoic when someone you care for is kissing you. look at his lips before she kisses him they change from gawking like an idiot to 'kissy'. not sure how to describe it. his lips do change. usually, when he's surprised to get a kiss he doesn't contor his lips. see: everytime cc has kissed him.

and he did lean, seeing as how he leans back after.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:08   Link #9271
Baixinho

Quote:
i'd be surprised too given the situation. its hard to play stoic when someone you care for is kissing you. look at his lips before she kisses him they change from gawking like an idiot to 'kissy'. not sure how to describe it. his lips do change. usually, when he's surprised to get a kiss he doesn't contor his lips. see: everytime cc has kissed him.

I saw that too : his lips moved a little when their lips met, and he did lean backwards a bit after the kiss.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:15   Link #9272
yvj
U Mad?

He doesn't lean back or lean forward. The only thing he does is close his eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRmDkZgYNE
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:17   Link #9273
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
He doesn't lean back or lean forward. The only thing he does is close his eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFRmDkZgYNE
hu? he moves back after the kiss.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:21   Link #9274
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
hu? he moves back after the kiss.
If he did move back its because she pulled him a bit forward. So he returned to his original position IMO.

Anyway what's more important about that scene is the shadow over Lelouch's face when he says farewell. It implies sadness.
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:25   Link #9275
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:

Yeah, I also noticed that...
And I didn't expect Ruruko-himesama actually knowing what a kiss is...(No offense to my fellow ShirLelou shippers...)

.....That kiss screams UKE!!!!or onna/jyo-seme
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:26   Link #9276
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
.....That kiss screams UKE!!!!or onna/jyo-seme
Pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:27   Link #9277
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?
I think I want to preffer ignorant on that one, I think it comes from the world of yaoi.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 08:27   Link #9278
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Basically that Kallen was dominant. Apparently. And such terms don't ALWAYS apply to yaoi works.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:31   Link #9279
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
If he did move back its because she pulled him a bit forward. So he returned to his original position IMO.

Anyway what's more important about that scene is the shadow over Lelouch's face when he says farewell. It implies sadness.
He did :

But I agree that it is more Kallen who pulled him forward.

And yes, as you say, it has little importance : the mood of the scene and his silence speak a lot more
Old 2008-09-09, 08:34   Link #9280
bran
h e a d s h o t

uke is the passive guy in a homo relationship

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote