AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-22, 14:36   Link #1901
Witch of Uncertainty

^Well, I still wonder..

"Rosa and Maria were killed by other people ".
Not sure this is the only example, but this is definetely a red truth. (Told by Ronove)

"There are no more than 18 people on this island". (Evatrice)
"There are no more than 18 people on this Rokkenjima ". (Beatrice)

Not sure this is because of the translation, or if she says it exactly like that in the original, but at least to me, it looks like she was denied by Ronove there?

Not sure I am allowed to say this here, but Beatrice does state this later ("Were killed by other people"), in episode 4.
Old 2010-07-22, 14:43   Link #1902
zRyuu

That means Rosa didnt kill Maria and killed herself. Or Maria didnt kill Rosa and killed herself. They were killed by other people. The other 15 could have done it. Thats all
Old 2010-07-22, 14:47   Link #1903
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRyuu View Post
That means Rosa didnt kill Maria and killed herself. Or Maria didnt kill Rosa and killed herself. They were killed by other people. The other 15 could have done it. Thats all
I know that, but that red in itself is proof that the witch didn't do it. In other words, the witch's side confirmed that they (witches) didn't kill them. Of course, unless Beato/Ronove thinks that Evatrice is still human. (Just like evatrice believes herself)
Old 2010-07-23, 12:24   Link #1904
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

In the japanese is more ambiguous, there is no real mention of "people" instead the word "他殺" is used, which is just the opposite of suicide, literally "kill by other".

Old 2010-08-12, 04:02   Link #1905
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
Upon replaying Ep 3, I stumbled over this screenshot which refers to the cousins complaining about the parents discussing the inheritance.

Wait, why do they use the word 'dead' here? They don't know that Kinzo died. So who are these 'dead with money' they speak of?
Old 2010-08-12, 04:11   Link #1906
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
Upon replaying Ep 3, I stumbled over this screenshot which refers to the cousins complaining about the parents discussing the inheritance.

Wait, why do they use the word 'dead' here? They don't know that Kinzo died. So who are these 'dead with money' they speak of?
The idea of distributing the inheritance is that after Kinzo's death they all get a certain amount of money. So it doesn't matter when he dies it will still be a dead man's money that they're talking about.
Old 2010-08-12, 04:17   Link #1907
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
I see, thanks.
Old 2011-08-03, 19:09   Link #1908
cereal_killerxx

I have now begun Episode 3. I only wish I had more time to read this wonderful story. WISH ME LUCK!
Old 2011-08-04, 12:52   Link #1909
Witch of Trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
I have now begun Episode 3. I only wish I had more time to read this wonderful story. WISH ME LUCK!
Good luck! (: Episode 3 is my favorite of the question arcs, and I don't think it would be a stretch to say that many people in the fandom feel the same way.
Old 2011-08-07, 07:50   Link #1910
Xyrius Cherubim
The Observer

ep3 is where all the weird things really started, i think, and the first episode that really is so "Umineko". lol
The red truth, the solution of the epitaph riddle, also the first time I thought that Beato is cute....

lol. Good luck!!
Old 2011-08-08, 01:46   Link #1911
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrius Cherubim View Post
ep3 is where all the weird things really started, i think, and the first episode that really is so "Umineko". lol
The red truth, the solution of the epitaph riddle, also the first time I thought that Beato is cute....

lol. Good luck!!
Thanks. Tonight is the first night I've gotten to read it since last week when I made it to right after the opening. LET THE GAMES BEGIN.
Old 2011-08-08, 07:13   Link #1912
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyrius Cherubim View Post

lol. Good luck!!
Spoiler for Possibly for EPs 1 and 2. Just in case:

But yeah, so far EP 3 is my second favorite arc overall (EP 5 being my first so far), and it's my favorite of the Question arc, as it's the only one of the Question Arcs that touched me to the extent that it did. Great pacing, characterization, plot, and mystery. I hope you enjoy, cereal
Old 2011-08-15, 11:33   Link #1913
Xyrius Cherubim
The Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Thanks. Tonight is the first night I've gotten to read it since last week when I made it to right after the opening. LET THE GAMES BEGIN.
Enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Spoiler for Possibly for EPs 1 and 2. Just in case:

But yeah, so far EP 3 is my second favorite arc overall (EP 5 being my first so far), and it's my favorite of the Question arc, as it's the only one of the Question Arcs that touched me to the extent that it did. Great pacing, characterization, plot, and mystery. I hope you enjoy, cereal
uhhh....yeah. If the novel start with ep3 (as the first episode), I will surely dump this great novel. lol. I have to admit it, I almost decided to stop reading Umineko after finishing reading ep2. But fortunately, ep3 was "powerful" enough to urge me to continue.
Old 2012-02-09, 21:55   Link #1914
RandomAvatarFan

I gotta agree with all of you on this one. EP3 is what made me love Umineko, EP4 just kind of cemented that love.

I still can't get over the ending of this though. I fell for it, and I felt violated.

Spoiler for Beatroll:

Virgilia is one of my favorite Magic Game Piece, and this where the Meta-Game plot begins to kick into full gear with Bern and Lambda in the Tea Party.

I have a few theories regarding EVA, but I think it's more appropriate to discuss it in EP4's instead of here.

EVA is also made of awesomeness, and is probably the only female character I would ever cosplay as. I love her web of truth she set up at the end; I'm still tangled in it.

I'm also sure that it has the best music in the game. Not only did it debut some of the best tracks, but a few are exclusive to the chapter (i.e. they don't play in EP4)

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:27   Link #1915
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

I don't really know where to post this question, so I just went ahead and postes it here, where I thought it was the most appropriate.

In the ??? of ep 3 Lambda tells Beatrice that she's only a temporary with under her guardianship, and as soon as she stops being her guardian she will stop being a witch. I was a litle curious about this sentence as it's not really mentioned later on in the series that Lambda is the one who made Beato a witch. My theory was that Lambda was her guardian in the Meta-world, but not on the actual gameboard, so she would allow Beatrice to have the powers as a game master. That's just my interpretation, but is there really another meaning to it?
Old 2012-02-12, 17:52   Link #1916
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
I don't really know where to post this question, so I just went ahead and postes it here, where I thought it was the most appropriate.

In the ??? of ep 3 Lambda tells Beatrice that she's only a temporary with under her guardianship, and as soon as she stops being her guardian she will stop being a witch. I was a litle curious about this sentence as it's not really mentioned later on in the series that Lambda is the one who made Beato a witch. My theory was that Lambda was her guardian in the Meta-world, but not on the actual gameboard, so she would allow Beatrice to have the powers as a game master. That's just my interpretation, but is there really another meaning to it?
This might help to explain it a little... (beware, spoilers)
Old 2012-02-12, 18:08   Link #1917
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post

Spoiler for Spoilers about 'LambdaDelta's diary' Tip:
Old 2012-02-13, 04:03   Link #1918
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers about 'LambdaDelta's diary' Tip:
Ah, that does make sense. I was just a little curious as Lamda wasn't really mentioned during Requiem, which made me a bit confused. But if you put it in a view of the catbox, I guess it makes sense. Thanks!
Old 2012-02-13, 06:18   Link #1919
Drifloon

There was actually a line towards the end of Requiem where Bern says something about the Witch of Certainty making 'that kid' into a witch for two days.
Old 2013-07-27, 14:15   Link #1920
Sauzer

While I haven't finished ep3 just yet (tho very few are left alive) I have one huge gripe with this ep and the ones before that keeps bugging me:

What the hell is with everyone's obession with food on this island?

I let it slide in ep1, since they were still technically in the mansion they thought more or less safe.
In ep2 it's Rosa that kept splitting up the group.
But here. Rosa and Maria leaving the guesthouse makes sense. But why on earth would you go into the mansion to get food? Is anyone actually that hungry after seeing 8 people getting murdered in half a day?

I can only imagine that getting food was just a pretense for Kyrie who wanted something else. Even Evatrice said something like "will that perosn notice?". Maybe she figured out something about the first 6 murders. And if she suspected the killer was among them, there would be no reason to fear going to the mansion.

But why would anyone else go with her? It's as if Natsuhi was the only sane person at that moment. People can survive without drinking for 3 days. And they had breakfest! I know for a fact I would not drink or eat a thing if it increased my chances of survival by 1%.

If only it was something more plausible like getting medicine for Eva.
Closed Thread