AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-03-06, 09:07   Link #261
Akira Theia

We're back to chapter 69, right after Rebecca woke up from her nightmare where Shiki said Happy was dead. Gotta wonder if this means this is in fact the second rewind at least.

I hope Mashima-sensei has good plans to how using this power without killing tension. Although, since the narrative seems to be going for a Re Zero vibe, I guess it should be alright. There has been enough build up to Rebecca's time travel power and the enemies are a very well established threat. Rewinding shouldn't fix everything right away.
Akira Theia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-06, 18:06   Link #262
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Rebecca needs to tell Sister and Witch everything about the future she just came back from. I don't think they'll continue to think she's crazy and not believe her even if it's like that at first. Or at least I hope they won't continue to think she's crazy. And then they need to do research on why Drakken called Rebecca "No. 29" and have Shiki train and get to a level where he can fight Drakken. Getting him to learn the full Overdrive for Ether Gear would be great too. The problem is that at the time that Rebecca went back to, Shiki and the others had already gotten onto Drakken's ship, the Belial Gore or whatever its name is. How will Shiki get the time to train? Also, this time, Rebecca should try to do something to make sure Weiss doesn't need that medicine. If possible.

Either way, I think this time at the very it won't get as bad as it did in the future Rebecca came back from. And Shiki won't die this time.
Old 2020-03-10, 12:06   Link #263
Akira Theia

Time for the redo of the arc. I can sense it's setting up to be quite long here, depending of how many loops Mashima-sensei wants to do.

Rebecca's time leap power does need to be treated with a lot of care so it doesn't turn into an instant tension killer. I suppose the drawback will be that Rebecca won't be able to activate it at any time she wants. So far, it has worked in response to saving her from danger and emotional distress. I do enjoy that the way Mashima-sensei is handling it is giving Rebecca more development and importance. Her relief at seeing everyone safe shows how deep her trauma was in the previous loop and she's now an essential source of information.

Finding it clever and funny how Mashima-sensei is portraying this universe's equivalent of Youtube and its regulations. And Labilia is supposed to be popular, right? Who would want to watch such mean-spirited videos? Good that she isn't getting ads anymore.

Also, Rebecca really is too kind. Even if I had a bad fall out with a friend, I don't think I could forgive them and go help them so readily if they did to me that nasty thing Labilia did to Rebecca, although I still wouldn't enjoy seeing them beaten bloody. Or maybe Rebecca feels guilty about something?
Old 2020-03-13, 00:08   Link #264
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It's more because of the good guy credo or something like that. You're more than justified to become as bad as your bully after all the shit he/she put your through, but doing so would make you become just like them or worse and that ain't a good feeling. Also, man it's amazing how many people enjoy all the dark turns the series has gone through so far to the point that they should happen as a constant each arc, like, JUST those events. I'm not a fan of them myself but I do like the different approach they provide. I guess FT just made me too accustomed to the good guys always coming out on top in your usual Hiro fashion, and that's fine honestly.
Old 2020-03-14, 15:10   Link #265
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think they'll manage to do much better this time, and at least Shiki most likely won't be dying this time.

And hopefully Rebecca manages to give them all of the info she has from the future. It'd be great if Shiki also got the chance to train and get stronger so that he can stand up to Drakken.
Old 2020-03-18, 11:42   Link #266
alekos23

So they just charge in like that huh?

Pretty nice double spreads this chapter on a side note.
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-25, 12:54   Link #267
Akira Theia

Excellent action-filled chapter! And say what you will about Mashima-sensei, but he's one of the few shonen mangaka that can write legitimately cool and badass female characters in a shonen, even if his fanservice can be over the top at times and his main heroines can get the short end of the stick. Hope Rebecca can stay useful without getting too broken with her new time travel power.

Didn't expect the unavoidable confrontation with Noah would happen now. Also, will the crew manage to avoid confronting Drakken directly this time? This arc really is managing to up the quality level of the manga.
Old 2020-03-26, 13:30   Link #268
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I feel you about the meeting with Noah happening here. I'm also wondering what he's doing there and what he wants with Rebecca. There's also his "I've been expecting you, Rebecca" line; I wonder if he knows she awakened her power and used it to travel back in time.

I thought that the two-page spread with all Four Shining Stars together looked really cool and badass. I'm looking forward to the four on four fight and hoping Homura will do well against Sylph.

@alekos23: Yeah, I don't think charging in like that is really a strategy. What was Shiki planning, anyway?

@Akira-Theia: If Shiki does need to fight Drakken, I can only hope he gets a power-up before or during the fight that lets him fight him on even terms (or at least even).

Edit: Also, who else is reminded of Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible when they Drakken Joe's name?

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2020-03-26 at 13:53.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-26, 14:28   Link #269
LevelSeven

Say what you want about Mashima, but this dude knows how to make mystery-plots and how to develop them with foreshadowings, twists and shocking reveals.

Cant wait to see the explanation of rebeccas powers/origin and why she is now no30.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 03:50   Link #270
B214

Okay now I'm curious, since this is world no 30 does it mean world 29 is overwritten or it still exist in another time line.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 07:55   Link #271
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm curious about that too. Maybe World 29 does still exist in another timeline. Multiverse theory is a bitch and so are time shenanigans.

And what Noah said at the end of the chapter about Drakken's power is really ominous. I hope Shiki can become strong enough to beat him this time.
Old 2020-04-05, 06:42   Link #272
B214

I think it would be fun if one of the future chapters show an effect of Rebecca using leaper like maybe some event from the previous world moving the the current one.
Old 2020-04-05, 10:55   Link #273
DragonOsman
Dragon King

In before the event of Shiki dying moves to the 30th world

Yeah, that might actually happen. I just hope my sarcastic comment above (in italics) doesn't turn out to be true or it'd suck.
Old 2020-04-06, 07:49   Link #274
B214

You ended up making me imagine Joe using his Alchemist to make Shiki into a cyborg that can travel back when Rebecca rewind time.
Old 2020-04-08, 12:07   Link #275
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Eh.

Anyway. Anyone else read Chapter 89 yet? Hermit is such a badass this chapter.

I just want to know why Noah's connection broke down. Did Drakken find out what he was doing and have some scramble the signal? I hope we get answer soon. As well as what he was trying to tell them when the connection started to break down. Seemed like it was vital information they needed to know for figuring out how to beat Drakken.

But it's really one ominous thing after another with Drakken. Like, what does he mean by him being "undead"? He can't die? He's a zombie? What? So many questions.
Old 2020-04-11, 06:25   Link #276
LevelSeven

^Its funny to see someone with logia-like fire abilities actually not usign them and instead focusing on sniping XD first time seeing that kind of thing, he would have certainly won if he had just fought with his fire powers.

And yes, its cool to see notWendy defeat the guy. Seems like he isnt invincible though, ether coating probably makes it so that he can be hit by stuff.
Old 2020-04-11, 07:21   Link #277
B214

Pretty sure the ether coating is so that he doesn't die from the bullets.
Old 2020-04-11, 11:09   Link #278
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, Hermit even said as much. It's just so she doesn't kill him. They need him alive for questioning later, probably.

@LevelSeven: He uses his flames in his bullets.
Old 2020-04-11, 11:31   Link #279
LevelSeven

but why doesnt he turn into flames than if the either coating isnt actually preventing him fro doing do?

@Dragon you mean as fuel to accelerate the bullets?
Old 2020-04-11, 12:52   Link #280
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Maybe it did prevent him from doing that (or maybe he just didn't have the time to). But Hermit said, "Don't worry, I gave all he bullets an ether coating". Think about why she told him to not worry. The main reason for the coating is so that the bullets don't kill him.

As for the flame bullet thing, here's a screenshot of when he said it:

He said right there he's going to use a flame bullet, didn't he? That's what I was talking about.