AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 11:57   Link #601
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Ep2 Comments:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:05   Link #602
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Just done streaming episode 2 of Toradora!

Spoiler for Episode 2 of Toradora:
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:09   Link #603
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP.

Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:10   Link #604
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Why are you complaining about JC Staff cramping stuff?

Havent you watched ZnT? Compared to ZnT Toradora looks really slow...

Of course they skip scenes and dont worry they will waste it on some original fillers or increasing focus on unimportant scenes too much thus extending them. That is as along as the follow their JC Staff name which means - screw original source up.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:15   Link #605
JediNight
キズランダム

Sounds like that's coming in Ep3, actually

PS: The OP sucks IMHO Both the song and the animation behind it. Very uninspired.
Old 2008-10-08, 12:16   Link #606
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Why are you complaining about JC Staff cramping stuff?

Havent you watched ZnT? Compared to ZnT Toradora looks really slow...

Of course they skip scenes and dont worry they will waste it on some original fillers or increasing focus on unimportant scenes too much thus extending them. That is as along as the follow their JC Staff name which means - screw original source up.
No one say about cramping being a bad thing.Complaining doesn't mean its wrong.Complaining is just a way to express a dissatisfaction feeling.

Well of course if you can accept cramping stuffs then be it.Others may not feel that way anyway..
Old 2008-10-08, 12:20   Link #607
JediNight
キズランダム

Now that you mention it -- they really did compress a whole ton of it together. No wonder the scene changes seemed abrupt. They really did compress over an entire volume of manga into one episode 0_o;;

Sigh.... I'm getting a bad feeling JC Staff is taking this south already...

I guess they wanted to fast-forward to where Ami comes in for maximum love triangle filler that they do "so well"? =\
Old 2008-10-08, 12:34   Link #608
mouhitori

Spoiler for Episode 2:
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:41   Link #609
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

So I guess it's going to be 13 eps judging from the pace?
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:44   Link #610
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

We got Louise on the OP

Spoiler for lol:
Old 2008-10-08, 12:48   Link #611
Darknemo2000

The most annoying about JC Staff is that they cannot keep the pace... I of course judge from their previous works but lets say ZnT - they cramp massive stuff in three episodes skipping some as some would say important scenes and their emotional/dramatic ones seem russhed. AND THEN they waste two episodes for fillers and completely not important stuff...

They have this tendency to cramp and rush important stuff just to make space for filler or unimportant stuff ... This can be really annoying specially because all that focus to fillers come at the cost of important stuff being rushed or skipped.

I cant really say that they took out something vital but the scenes look bit of fast, to the point where they start looking rushed a little. They really should slow it down a little to make scene transitions more smooth.

And I am also not very impressed with OP. Too similar to ending...Not very creative really.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-10-08 at 13:07.
Old 2008-10-08, 13:04   Link #612
typhonsentra

Alright, I'm definitely digging that OP.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:04   Link #613
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I CANT #$@## BELIEVE what they just DID!

They completely butchered at least three episodes worth of content. This is so upsetting.
The first episode was so great. The show had so much potential. URGH I'm so mad I'm going to go kick a lamp-post

I dont see why they want to rush to the point where the third character, Ami, comes in. The show has NOTHING without the substance showing Tiger and Ryuuji bonding.
After this what do they plan to do? Flood the series with random filler? The extra content of the first episode was so good and I was looking forward to more. Alas now I am not sure how this series will turn out, this is definitely for the worse.

I was so happy last week now I'm so sad
If you like this series DO NOT miss the comic, that's all I'll say.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:11   Link #614
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Now that you mention it -- they really did compress a whole ton of it together. No wonder the scene changes seemed abrupt. They really did compress over an entire volume of manga into one episode 0_o;;

Sigh.... I'm getting a bad feeling JC Staff is taking this south already...

I guess they wanted to fast-forward to where Ami comes in for maximum love triangle filler that they do "so well"? =\
I personally think they made the right choice. Adaptation should never be a one to one map in the first place (plus the manga is NOT the original work, so don't even try to go there about being faithful).

The whole master/dog angle is overplayed and draws too much unnecessary comparison to the other tsundere love comedy works that it IS smart to move out of that area as quick as possible and focus on Taiga and Ryuuji working on equal terms to keep interest high. You can't afford too many of those jokes especially if you want to keep it fresh and differentiate this work with the other before it.

Ami is important to the chemistry and the comedy, plus she's never a love interest and never intended to be (actually Ami is the love mentor, believe it or not), so you won't get love triangle filler even if you want it.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:20   Link #615
Darknemo2000

The problem here would be that in the first episode she said he would be her dog, but if they skip such scenes it starts to look disjointed - if they go to equal terms too fast.

And yes Ami is not a love interest. The only love interests are Minori and Kitamura. Ami, Taiga or Ryuuji are not really love interests.

Besides,houkoholic, do not forget that this is JC Staff so this rushed jump through scenes may not be because they want to advance to important stuff but just making space for unimportant fillers.
Old 2008-10-08, 13:27   Link #616
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
The problem here would be that in the first episode she said he would be her dog, but if they skip such scenes it starts to look disjointed - if they go to equal terms too fast.
Yes but you never considered that she actually never meant it to be this kind of relationship in the first place. It was a thin cover for the embrassment at that time of Ryuuji finding out her love interest and offered his help.

The good thing about Taiga is that she is alot more frank than most of the other tsundere - as displayed in this episode. When she knows it is wrong, she goes and fix it, even though very clumsily, she doesn't drag it out. How long did it take Shana and Louise to acknowledge their feelings? Way too damn long.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:31   Link #617
Darknemo2000

How come she never meant to have when she was meant to have such relationship in the novel in other words - original source. If an author and creator of the characters decided it was meant to be this way then it was meant to be this way.

Well if we are talking about Ryuuji and not Kitamura then Taiga doesn't acknowledge them at all.
Old 2008-10-08, 13:34   Link #618
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Quote:
And yes Ami is not a love interest. The only love interests are Minori and Kitamura. Ami, Taiga or Ryuuji are not really love interests.
unless I am mistaken there is one more person who was not shown yet but I dont want to spoil anything.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:40   Link #619
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The OP.
Is it the video or am I hearing trippy echoes?

The ED was catchy and had me hooked, but I can't say the same about the OP.
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:44   Link #620
Darknemo2000

Well you can use spoilers tags Potatochobit if anything... Though I cannot remember anyone being Taiga's or Ryyuji's love interests other than Minori and Kitamura.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen