AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-20, 01:10   Link #881
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post

I disagree with Priestess and High Elf Archer. And since it seems that you don't like to read long posts carefully, I will shorten my reasons.
Your disagreement doesn't make it right though. Considering the events of the latest stories which makes it pretty apparent.

Quote:
Those two more or less just hang out with Goblin Slayer. Just beeing with one guy and helping out said guy is by no means a sign that they are infatuated with Goblin Slayer. In book 3 Elf Archer flat out denied that she has a romantic interest. She said it with her own words.

Yup, you're going with the "I only like him as a friend" routine.

Quote:
If you think otherwise, feel free to quote a passage from the lightnovels that shows Priestess or Elf doing the same course of action Cow Girl, Guild Girl and Female Knight did. Just helping out Goblin Slayer does not convince me.
I mean the evidence is in this thread. Just click back the last group of pages or so.

Quote:

And in the end we all should not focus too much on the harem aspect because it is not that important to begin with. Goblin Slayer is an adventure story and not the best choice if someone is looking for romance.
Therfore let's change the topic. We both waste too much energy for the wrong things.
The harem aspect is still there whether fans are willing to admit it or not. No it's not the focus of the story at all, but it's still there. But it amuses to no end that Goblin Slayer is not at all interested in that he's getting the attention of various women and is still single-mindedly focused on hunting and slaying goblins.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 00:10   Link #882
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's time to get back on the topic of the light novel and move the translation bickering somewhere else (PM, VM or a social group).

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 15:37   Link #883
WERERABBIT
The Chosen One

how did I get here
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 10:11   Link #884
Alisa~Chan~
A Bat Toting FOX~!

Hey ho~! Did everyone know that This is getting an Anime adaptation~? Also Mili was the singer either for the Opening song or End song~! super exciting~!
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 00:13   Link #885
pervypig

^ Erm, we kinda did know about that already...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 09:59   Link #886
Sixth
Hu Tao

Mili..is there any sample of his/her song? I mean, why do people were hyped with this singer?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 03:46   Link #887
Wheeljack83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMBnyK7udg

Here's an opening by the band Mili. It's for a show called Bloodivores.

Not sure what's planned for Goblin Slayer, but I want it to be like the dark fantasy version of the One-Punch Man opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkdrrxR96d8

Here's another one of their tracks from the YouTube channel. I wouldn't call myself a music expert, but it sounds like a slow, soft rock sound.

If this is what we can expect for Goblin Slayer, I imagine it will be sort of like a slow, mysterious, ethereal or supernatural type of sound.

Last edited by Wheeljack83; 2018-05-11 at 17:05.
Old 2018-05-11, 07:11   Link #888
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMBnyK7udg

Here's an opening by the band Mili. It's for a show called Bloodivores.

Not sure what's planned for Goblin Slayer, but I want it to be like the dark fantasy version of the One-Punch Man opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkdrrxR96d8

Here's another one of their tracks from the YouTube channel. I wouldn't call myself a YouTube expert, but it sounds like a slow, soft rock sound.

If this is what we can expect for Goblin Slayer, I imagine it will be sort of like a slow, mysterious, ethereal or supernatural type of sound.
Thanks for the sample...and I am not really a fan of her music. Too slow...for my taste.
Old 2018-05-11, 09:22   Link #889
maton456full

Volume 8 with a Drama CD for October
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 19:51   Link #890
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Seiyuu for Goblin slayer got hospitalised, so not sure what voice to expect next or replace?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 05:06   Link #891
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Seiyuu for Goblin slayer got hospitalised, so not sure what voice to expect next or replace?
His case is rather peculiar since the infection is capable of curing from 1 to 6 months so i'd say it's depend on his rate of recovery
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 00:53   Link #892
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for GS Year One Chapter 11:
Old 2018-05-24, 11:45   Link #893
AP24

The manga has finally reached the bed scene in LN Vol 2
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 07:17   Link #894
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Interesting...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-05-25, 07:27   Link #895
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Interesting...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeah, it was interesting to learn more about the author. Can't tell whether he is just lucky or just prodigy for able to do all those stuff within a year.

Just as everyone suspected, GS is really a Japanese Batman.

I was hoping that we could at least learn the real name of GS and Priestess from the author and it turned out he gave NOTHING
Old 2018-05-25, 09:40   Link #896
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Yeah, it was interesting to learn more about the author. Can't tell whether he is just lucky or just prodigy for able to do all those stuff within a year.

Just as everyone suspected, GS is really a Japanese Batman.

I was hoping that we could at least learn the real name of GS and Priestess from the author and it turned out he gave NOTHING
In fairness, he did say he tried giving names, but felt none of them were suitable.

I'm slightly disappointed the author didn't want his real face shown on camera, similar to Akatsuki Natsume when The Anime Man interviewed him.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 15:52   Link #897
anbu-black-ops

I really want to go to that expo in LA just to see the man himself who created this amazing novel. Imagine all those GS related merchandise for sale too.

It would be cool that you are one of the few who attends their presentation/panel/interview before this gets really big once the anime begins.

Anybody going to see them in July?

It would be funny if he wears a mask too during the expo.
anbu-black-ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 19:35   Link #898
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Can't tell whether he is just lucky or just prodigy for able to do all those stuff within a year.
like he said he has 10 years of practice behind it, and his success is not a fluke, very seldom does a LN newbie got paired with a decent mangaka for adaptation right off the gate, usually the publisher will wait a bit to see if it is successful, and most LN manga adaption are done by second tiles quality mangaka, you can tell the publisher knew they had something good and heavily promote it from the beginning. (manga adaption with good artist->CD drama->2 manga gaiden->anime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
I'm slightly disappointed the author didn't want his real face shown on camera.
privacy, once you lost it you never get it back, not having photos of faces available to public is a very common practice among Japanese authors, be it manga or novel all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu-black-ops View Post
It would be funny if he wears a mask too during the expo.
that depends, the fair personals always respect the guests wishes, sometime they will request the audience no photograph during the paneling/signing, but you get to see the real faces of the authors as one of the perks going to the exhibit, and some authors are really worth the price of admission since they are so mysterious for so long, and most of the time when those mysterious author’s face leaks out it is via iligal pictures taken at the exhibit.

and if Kumo decides to show up with a mask, we knew 100% is would be dead pool, his avatar since the beginning.

==========
apparently we have another gaiden.

Goblin Slayer Gaiden 2 Kannon's sword "Die · Katana"
http://ga.sbcr.jp/bunko_blog/cat381/20180528/

from description of the story “ordinary adventurers save the world after a normal adventure”, it is possible, my guess, is they will tell the story of Sword Maiden and the King before they become Sword Maiden and the King, but don’t quote me on that. they might just end up telling another priestess's story.
Old 2018-06-02, 21:02   Link #899
Wheeljack83

I've recalled other Japanese authors and artists in the past have not wanted to appear on camera, such as Masamune Shirow, in interviews.

Like I think there's a DVD special feature that has an interview of Masamune Shirow about Ghost in the Shell, and he appears as like an animated character answering the questions.

These guys might also be a little camera shy and shy about showing their faces on camera.

Now Shinichi Watanabe, he basically is Nabeshin and goes to all his convention appearances as Nabeshin. The dude is a hoot. Seeing Nabeshin at Anime Expo was one of my favorite experiences ever. He understands a little bit of English and will make jokes in English. Like a fan didn't understand about getting his shows on DVD, and he was like, "DO YOU KNOW DVD?!" in English. It doesn't sound as funny as it was but you had to be there.

Kagyu does seem to be a prodigy in many ways. His storytelling is topnotch IMO, and he seems to do a great job at getting his scripts done in a timely manner.

Now that he's working on the anime, I hope he doesn't get burnt out. I am blown over by the quality of his work and now we got two spin-offs. OK, I mean I get the side story one is basically just adapting the stories from Volume 4, but still.

And yeah, the manga artists also do a great job of interpreting his work. I had chills when I read Goblin Slayer on the brink of death and rallying back against that horde in that crypt. And then seeing it in manga form gave me a different kind of chill. Like I thought that scene in the light novel was epic. To put it plainly, I don't think American writers can write scenes that good sometimes for TV show and a major Hollywood blockbuster.

If that scene ever gets animated, if the right team does it, holy crap, it could be one of the greatest scenes ever.
Old 2018-06-06, 01:39   Link #900
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
I've recalled other Japanese authors and artists in the past have not wanted to appear on camera, such as Masamune Shirow, in interviews.
Interestingly, some older generations of mangaka have been/are more willing to appear on camera compared to their younger counterparts.

For example, it's very easy to find recent pics of old-timers like Hara Tetsuo (Fist of the North Star), Chiba Tetsuya (Ashita no Joe) and Moto Hagio (Heart of Thomas).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?