AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-18, 19:31   Link #881
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House Nį∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
Easy there, I never used the word 'fact'. I said 'clarification'.
I am well aware that I don't know the entire definition of harem. That was not the point to begin with.

Since harem contains just to many possibilities that can be considered harem, my point was to set some differences, as in I want to 'clarify' that the harem I talk about is not the same harem you talk about.
Or that Goblin Slayer is not the same as Sword Art Online.

Maybe my wording was not the best, but I certainly did not write: THIS IS HOW IT IS!! IGNORANT SAVAGES!!!

Clannad is certainly harem, but you just can't compare it with SAO, which is harem too. Both harem, but still different.
I wanted to point out the difference.

By the way, thanks for your link, too. No, really.

Err, sorry if I came across too blunt, but bashing you wasn't my intention.

I never said you mentioned facts or that you claimed to be the absolute truth. "Getting your facts straight" is an idiom, which means that you have verified the facts not that you own them.

And yes, both SAO and Clannad are harems. The only difference being that the winning girl is decided from the beginning in one and the other is only at the end. My point was merely emphasizing that 3 or more girls being romantically interested in the MC constitutes of a harem genre; regardless of whether we have an ending where all the girls share the MC, only one girl wins or no one wins.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 11:17   Link #882
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Err, sorry if I came across too blunt, but bashing you wasn't my intention.

I never said you mentioned facts or that you claimed to be the absolute truth. "Getting your facts straight" is an idiom, which means that you have verified the facts not that you own them.

And yes, both SAO and Clannad are harems. The only difference being that the winning girl is decided from the beginning in one and the other is only at the end. My point was merely emphasizing that 3 or more girls being romantically interested in the MC constitutes of a harem genre; regardless of whether we have an ending where all the girls share the MC, only one girl wins or no one wins.

All is good.

I just want to make sure that I am not here to forcefully convince people, I just want to exchange opinions.

In the end I only want to say that we should not think too much about harems, since Goblin Slayer is not about harems. It has elements of it, but I think we all like Goblin Slayer for other reasons than him having a lot of waifus (at least I do).

By the way, it is important how you formulate a sentence, exspecially in a forum.
When I read a line like this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
You should really get your facts straight of what constitutes the harem genre before trying to lecture people about it...
...than you can not really blame me when I see hostility in your post.

Tenzen12 for example just informed me that I am wrong without blaming me or anything. That is how a discussion can be kept civilized I think.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 13:30   Link #883
Tenzen12

To be fair, that post of mine wasn't exactly without sarcastic undertones, so you don't have to praise me that much...
Old 2018-04-19, 20:31   Link #884
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
the entire GS project are filled with ASCII art parody to TRPG, D&D, etc, with setting heavy references to LOTR, each characters all have some backgrounds from other shows, in novel GS=Batman+Dark Soul, manga does it one better by giving him the look of Shiro of F/S, Lancer is also from F/S, Priestess from DQ, etc. the list just goes on and on. Braver with the look of Haruhi doing the doom reference is not that outrageous when in one of the LE novel cover (the one with priestess in a JK uniform) they parody a Taiwanese LN cover which in turn parody a GS cover.
now before anyone jump up and down and disagree, this is not my list, this is someone else’s list and I simply translate, ask me to explain or defend them won’t go anywhere, a lot of them are just what the author's setup are, and some you really need to see the original ASCII works in side by side comparison to see the similarity. (not the modified manga design.)

Goblin Slayer: Dark Soul, Nausicaa of Valley of Wind Torumekia Knight, Ninja Slayer. (novel addition: Batman, manga addition: Fate Shiro)

Priestess: Dragon Quest 3 Priestess

Guild Girl: Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Chihiro Senkawa

Cowgirl: Silver Spoon Aki Mikage

Lancer: Fate Lancer

Sorcerer: Dragon’s Crown Sorcerer

Heavy Warrior: Berserk Guts

Female Paladin: Final Fantasy Tactic Agrius Oaks

Goblin Slayer’s Sister: My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute Kirino Kōsaka

Cowgirl’s Uncle: Gundam Age イワーク・ブライア

Goblin: Terra Formars Cockroach

God of Illusion: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Madoka Kaname

God of Truth: Fullmetal Alchemist Truth

Author Self Portrait: Deadpool

Dwarf Shaman: HunterXHunter Aizack Neterro

Lizard Priest: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Kiyonari Ulquiaga

High Elf Archer: SAO Shinon

Braver: (Young) Suzumiya Haruhi, (Adult) SAO Ajimu Najimi, (the similarity to SAO’s Yuki is coincidental, not what the author originally intended, but he accepts and reused it as Yuki in ASCII nevertheless.)

Ogre: Jojo2 Kars

Demon Lord: Whispering One Magic The Gathering Sheoldred

Woman Fighter: Dragon Quest Maam

other ASCII design Heroes not yet used in novel
Platinum
Ys series: Adol Christin
Legend of Zelda: Link
Gold
Slayer: Lina Inverse
Slayer: Gourry Gabriev
Record of Lodoss War: Pan
Silver
Rance series: Rance (ability Gold class but fails to qualify in morality)

Hob Goblin: Fullmetal Alchemist Gluttony

Goblin Lord: Kamen Rider Blade Joker

King: Legend of the Galactic Heroes Reinhard von Lohengramm

Adventurer A: Log Horizon Shiroe

Adventurer B: SAO Kirito

Moe Adventurer: JoJo6 Jolyne Cujoh

Sword Saint: Suzumiya Haruhi Kyon (female ver.), A Certain Magical Index Kaori Kanzaki

Wiseman: Suzumiya Haruhi Yuki Nagato, Evangelion Rei Ayanami

Half Elf Light Swordsman: Berserk Serpico

Boy Scout: Berserk Isidro

Rhea Druid Girl: Berserk Schierke

Middle Age Monk: Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji Kōtarō Sakazaki

Young Warrior: Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji Makoto Sahara)

Female Magician: Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji Kaiji Itō (female ver.)

Rhea Scout: Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji Tomohiro Miyoshi

Inspector: A Certain Magical Index Index

this is an old article, original web ASCII works covers the novel book 1, this article covers up to book 3, I can add a couple obvious one.

Sword Maiden: Lady Justice
Boy Magician: Negima Negi Springfield

Last edited by Hata; 2018-04-24 at 17:03.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 01:10   Link #885
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post

I disagree with Priestess and High Elf Archer. And since it seems that you don't like to read long posts carefully, I will shorten my reasons.
Your disagreement doesn't make it right though. Considering the events of the latest stories which makes it pretty apparent.

Quote:
Those two more or less just hang out with Goblin Slayer. Just beeing with one guy and helping out said guy is by no means a sign that they are infatuated with Goblin Slayer. In book 3 Elf Archer flat out denied that she has a romantic interest. She said it with her own words.

Yup, you're going with the "I only like him as a friend" routine.

Quote:
If you think otherwise, feel free to quote a passage from the lightnovels that shows Priestess or Elf doing the same course of action Cow Girl, Guild Girl and Female Knight did. Just helping out Goblin Slayer does not convince me.
I mean the evidence is in this thread. Just click back the last group of pages or so.

Quote:

And in the end we all should not focus too much on the harem aspect because it is not that important to begin with. Goblin Slayer is an adventure story and not the best choice if someone is looking for romance.
Therfore let's change the topic. We both waste too much energy for the wrong things.
The harem aspect is still there whether fans are willing to admit it or not. No it's not the focus of the story at all, but it's still there. But it amuses to no end that Goblin Slayer is not at all interested in that he's getting the attention of various women and is still single-mindedly focused on hunting and slaying goblins.
Old 2018-04-23, 00:10   Link #886
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's time to get back on the topic of the light novel and move the translation bickering somewhere else (PM, VM or a social group).

Thank you.
Old 2018-04-25, 15:37   Link #887
WERERABBIT
Alpha

how did I get here
WERERABBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 10:11   Link #888
Alisa~Chan~
A Cute Wife!!!

Hey ho~! Did everyone know that This is getting an Anime adaptation~? Also Mili was the singer either for the Opening song or End song~! super exciting~!
Alisa~Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 00:13   Link #889
pervypig

^ Erm, we kinda did know about that already...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 09:59   Link #890
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Mili..is there any sample of his/her song? I mean, why do people were hyped with this singer?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 03:46   Link #891
Wheeljack83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMBnyK7udg

Here's an opening by the band Mili. It's for a show called Bloodivores.

Not sure what's planned for Goblin Slayer, but I want it to be like the dark fantasy version of the One-Punch Man opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkdrrxR96d8

Here's another one of their tracks from the YouTube channel. I wouldn't call myself a music expert, but it sounds like a slow, soft rock sound.

If this is what we can expect for Goblin Slayer, I imagine it will be sort of like a slow, mysterious, ethereal or supernatural type of sound.

Last edited by Wheeljack83; 2018-05-11 at 17:05.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 07:11   Link #892
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZMBnyK7udg

Here's an opening by the band Mili. It's for a show called Bloodivores.

Not sure what's planned for Goblin Slayer, but I want it to be like the dark fantasy version of the One-Punch Man opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkdrrxR96d8

Here's another one of their tracks from the YouTube channel. I wouldn't call myself a YouTube expert, but it sounds like a slow, soft rock sound.

If this is what we can expect for Goblin Slayer, I imagine it will be sort of like a slow, mysterious, ethereal or supernatural type of sound.
Thanks for the sample...and I am not really a fan of her music. Too slow...for my taste.
Old 2018-05-11, 09:22   Link #893
maton456full

Volume 8 with a Drama CD for October
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 19:51   Link #894
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Seiyuu for Goblin slayer got hospitalised, so not sure what voice to expect next or replace?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 05:06   Link #895
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Seiyuu for Goblin slayer got hospitalised, so not sure what voice to expect next or replace?
His case is rather peculiar since the infection is capable of curing from 1 to 6 months so i'd say it's depend on his rate of recovery
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-18, 00:53   Link #896
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Spoiler for GS Year One Chapter 11:
Old 2018-05-24, 11:45   Link #897
AP24

The manga has finally reached the bed scene in LN Vol 2
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 07:17   Link #898
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Interesting...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
El Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 07:27   Link #899
Sixth
Mushroom Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Interesting...
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yeah, it was interesting to learn more about the author. Can't tell whether he is just lucky or just prodigy for able to do all those stuff within a year.

Just as everyone suspected, GS is really a Japanese Batman.

I was hoping that we could at least learn the real name of GS and Priestess from the author and it turned out he gave NOTHING
Old 2018-05-25, 09:40   Link #900
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Yeah, it was interesting to learn more about the author. Can't tell whether he is just lucky or just prodigy for able to do all those stuff within a year.

Just as everyone suspected, GS is really a Japanese Batman.

I was hoping that we could at least learn the real name of GS and Priestess from the author and it turned out he gave NOTHING
In fairness, he did say he tried giving names, but felt none of them were suitable.

I'm slightly disappointed the author didn't want his real face shown on camera, similar to Akatsuki Natsume when The Anime Man interviewed him.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, yandere