AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 13:16   Link #41
Eragon
Still Alive

I certainly like Oro as a villian - he at least isn't deluded about what he's doing. My problem is how many times he's been "revived". I mean if Kishi wants to kill him then just kill him once and for all.
Old 2012-03-14, 13:22   Link #42
Ushio the Omega

Poor Zetsu both halves killed off screen.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 14:22   Link #43
Casshern

Telling the enemy your plan in advance... the signs of a true villain.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:25   Link #44
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Telling the enemy your plan in advance... the signs of a true villain.
It was strange that Itachi did that, so i think maybe that's not his plan, because he actually is not able to use tsukiyomi because of the genjutsu that the crow casted on him.

This chapter was dull, nothing really interesting happened. Sasuke being so normal was even a bit odd, since recently used to be crazy.

If Itachi has to choose between stopping Edo Tensei and saving Sasuke from Kabuto, maybe he will now remember Naruto's words and find a 3rd solution instead of trying to choose between these two. A hint to that is when he says people change when they die.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:49   Link #45
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1277 View Post
At the begining of Shippuden where Gaara was kidnapped, Kakashi already said implanting chakra to snap people out of the Tsukuyomi is impossible becase a couple of seconds last for a couple of weeks, that method shouldn't work even if its from the inside since it's the ultimate genjutsu. But i can't deny that Orochimaru isn't crafty so there is a possibility, but i hope its wrong since we seen before that orochimaru transfer jutsu just doesn't work against the sharingan.
That was assuming the person doing the chakra disruption was a different, external person that needed to take the time to notice the person was under genjutsu (via either looking at them or being a sensor ninja) to disrupt the chakra. If Orochimaru resides within Kabuto and shares his chakra, presumably he would have the same perception of time as him and be able to notice the genjutsu instantly. None of this has been tested, of course, because we have yet to see Itachi try to use Tsukuyomi on a Jinchuuriki with cooperation from his tailed beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
edit: or a double tsukiomi perhaps? one of kabuto and one on orochimaru's remnants?
And this would seem like the obvious counter to that counter, though I'd expect a regular genjutsu from Sasuke being used on Orochimaru since I don't think he can use Tsukuyomi unless that's an added bonus of literally having his brother's eyes now.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 15:59   Link #46
gohanhd
The Unbleached Beast

Can Itachi even get damaged since he is edo tensei summon?
Old 2012-03-14, 16:09   Link #47
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice cameo by Anko
Old 2012-03-14, 16:18   Link #48
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohanhd View Post
Can Itachi even get damaged since he is edo tensei summon?
He could get sealed.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:16   Link #49
Lendial

I dont know why but i find kabuto's appearance absolutely and uttery hideous even compared to orochimaru's snake form. its something with the harry potter glasses in conjunction with his abnormally long mouth.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:09   Link #50
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Kabuto takes control of Itachi again by implanting new seals into him and overriding Shisui's genjutsu. Better yet, he can probably just summon Shisui and do it that way. 2 eyes vs 2 Uchiha to convert to his side.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 19:58   Link #51
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It was strange that Itachi did that, so i think maybe that's not his plan, because he actually is not able to use tsukiyomi because of the genjutsu that the crow casted on him.
Why would it prevent him from using Tsukuyomi?
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 21:30   Link #52
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

May be Kabuto is already in Tsukiyomi
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 22:01   Link #53
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
wouldnt ending the edo kill itachi anyway, so in turn is he telling sasuke he will talk to him later as a....ill never talk to you as ending it will be kill me.

that translation was rough reading. thank goodness madara is as badass as claimed. how can some of the kages take on 5 madaras....seems pretty hopeless.
Old 2012-03-15, 05:11   Link #54
HasuMasu
*Artist

And that's how Anko perfected the "Shifting Cup-size Between Panels Jutsu".

Fearsome indeed.
Old 2012-03-15, 06:46   Link #55
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Why would it prevent him from using Tsukuyomi?
Because he himself is under the influence of genjutsu, and he doesn't want that genjutsu to end because if it ends then Kabuto takes control of him again and then Kabuto can use him to capture Sasuke. Of course this is a matter of interpretation of what was said about the genjutsu of Shisui, one interpretation can be that it is layered on top of one's mind and another can be that it changes someone's thinking instantly. In the first case it's constantly affecting the brain, as if you had glasses or contact lenses that change your vision and thus change your perception of the world, but these glasses or contact lenses can be broken and then you are back to your original state. In the second case your vision has been changed by eye surgery, in this case you yourself have been changed and there's no risk of glasses breaking, that is there is no risk of the genjutsu breaking.

In the second case everything is simple, Itachi just uses Tsukiyomi on Kabuto and frees the Edo Tensei people from, then returns them to where they came from, then talks to Sasuke and then he himself returns to the "pure world". Happy end.

The first case is much more interesting, there could be different scenarios, but consider this one for example:
Itachi knows that if he uses Tsukiyomi the genjutsu cast on him will eventually break, which means Kabuto will be able to take control of him. In this case he has the time to dispose of the Edo Tensei people, including Madara, but after he saved the kages and the alliance, he might fall under Kabuto's influence again. And Kabuto's goal was always to capture Sasuke, which means Itachi will have to fight Sasuke again. And this time it will be the real thing, if Itachi wins then Sasuke is dead and Kabuto gets his body. Maybe what Itachi is doing right now, that is accepting Sasuke's help, is Naruto's influence on Itachi, he now chooses a 3rd way to do things, even if he doesn't know how things will end up this way, but he refuses to choose between the alliance and Sasuke.

edit: quoted the wrong post

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-03-15 at 20:58.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 07:31   Link #56
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Poor Zetsu both halves killed off screen.

since when zetsu died??
Old 2012-03-15, 07:31   Link #57
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Kabuto takes control of Itachi again by implanting new seals into him and overriding Shisui's genjutsu. Better yet, he can probably just summon Shisui and do it that way. 2 eyes vs 2 Uchiha to convert to his side.
I came back to this thread to make exactly that prediction.

That Kabuto would summon Uchiha Shisui.

How else is he going to beat two Uchiha with Mangekyo Sharingan?

Orochimaru was defeated by Itachi with a single genjutsu technique.

If Itachi could beat Orochimaru so easily then none of Kabuto's Ninjutsu acquired from fusing with Orochimaru's DNA are going to lead to victory for him. His only trump card is Edo Tensei. Summoning someone from the dead strong enough to deal with his enemies. What better counter to the Sharingan than summoning a Sharingan user or multiple users?

Kabuto has already summoned Madara.

The clues I see suggesting that Shisui will come into play is the fact that Kishimoto has given him this reputation as a powerful Ninja in the Uchiha clan that is close friends to Itachi. He had a great reputation, one of his eyes was already shown to be acquired by Danzo as his ultimate trump card and the other was placed inside that bird Itachi forced down Naruto's throat which he eventually used to free himself from Kabuto's will.

I fully expect Shisui to make his official debut in the series.

I don't think Orochimaru will be making his return. Since he isn't officially dead, just trapped by Itachi's Susanoo it's possible. His name keeps getting brought up and Suigetsu has discovered something interesting from Oro's hideout that he thinks could benefit Sasuke in the war. So anything is possible.

But since Kabuto already has Orochimaru's powers I have doubts that Orochimaru has any more place in the manga.

It will be very interesting to see how Kabuto decides to fight Itachi and Sasuke.

I wonder also if poor Anko who is currently laid out on the ground will be involved in this fight in some way.
Old 2012-03-15, 07:42   Link #58
HasuMasu
*Artist

Didn't Shisui die with neither of his eyes?

Not very useful anymore...
Old 2012-03-15, 07:51   Link #59
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Didn't Shisui die with neither of his eyes?

Not very useful anymore...
His eyes were taken after his death as well as his arm by Danzo.

But remember that because Edo Tensei uses the DNA of the deceased to re-animate them they are re-animated with their full powers in tact. So even if the corpse itself has been entirely dissected and dismembered the Edo Tensei zombie will re-animate the dead with all of their abilities.

Sasuke has Itachi's eyes taken from his corpse but as an Edo Tensei zombie Itachi still has eyes.

Edo Tensei basically clones the flesh of the dead around a sacrificed host so that they appear as they would have when they were living with their mind and soul in tact as well.
Old 2012-03-15, 07:55   Link #60
HasuMasu
*Artist

No, he gave one eye to Itachi before he died--Itachi mentioned that Danzo already had his other eye at the time.

In other words, he died at an unknown time, place, and manner--but we know he had neither of his eyes long before that.

Who knows though, maybe Kabuto can conjure something up like what he did with Madara and Mokuton.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion