Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 08:36   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

Story & Art: Maybe

Description: Satou has been in love with his childhood friend and neighbour, Hime, ever since she and her grandfather appeared out of nowhere 10 years ago. Now a dazzling, yet mysterious high-school beauty, she makes it more and more difficult for him to confess his feelings. As the anniversary of their first meeting is nearing, will he muster up his courage to transform their friendship into something more? Or will an entirely different fate await this tightly bonded pair? (Source: MangaUpdates)

Genres: Adventure Fantasy Romance Seinen

Links: MangaUpdates
Get this manga thread template!
----

To be honest, I haven't read this yet. But, it's by Maybe so I definitely will!
Old 2014-05-03, 09:14   Link #2
GenesiD

Is he wearing more than one ring?
Hard to make out on that image.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:32   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Thanks for the thread!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:34   Link #4
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Just read it... it's really good if I have to say so. It's got the usually tropes but a unique flare to it. It pains me that they are friendzoning each other. Kind of silly, but that's our romance drama that we need.

As a side note, he sure did luck out finding a world where the husband and wife bathe together. I think it's a good way to spend time with your other half. Heh.
Old 2014-05-03, 09:37   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It pains me that they are friendzoning each other.
Hime's the only one doing the friendzoning. You can see how frustrated he was when Hime added the words "as a friend" during their intimate time in the bath. Meanwhile, Satou has been trying so hard to proclaim his feelings for her.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:40   Link #6
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hime's the only one doing the friendzoning. You can see how frustrated he was when Hime added the words "as a friend" during their intimate time in the bath. Meanwhile, Satou has been trying so hard to proclaim his feelings for her.
She was hurt when he called her a friend, so I see that as them both being friend-zoned. This will probably be the element that will irk me the most. They are married now, no sense in dillydallying in the friend zone.
Old 2014-05-03, 10:09   Link #7
yuzen003

I like the prince, he's been surprisingly cool with everything that happened
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:19   Link #8
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Really interesting story so far.The Prince seems to be a great person. He seemed cool after being NTRed.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:29   Link #9
ellifeedn
Thinker

Which magazine is this published in?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:46   Link #10
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Really interesting story so far.The Prince seems to be a great person. He seemed cool after being NTRed.
i'm like 100% sure this won't be the case in the future. haha.

so this is a weekly? seems kind of crazy if it is. 30+ pages a week is a lot.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 12:26   Link #11
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i'm like 100% sure this won't be the case in the future. haha.

so this is a weekly? seems kind of crazy if it is. 30+ pages a week is a lot.
Newly serialized mangas tend have more pages the first two chapters.
It should be serialized in one of Gangan Comics magazines and is likely to be monthly based on the time between the first and second chapter.

Love the fact that Hime friendzones Satou, who in turn friendzones Hime out of embarassment, who in turn starts developing feelings for him.

Given the short scene in Ch.2, the Prince did most likely not choose to marry Hime, but did it due to pressure or obligation towards his empire. While he doesn't have a problem that Hime chose Satou right now, once his country hears of that, the emperor may pressure him into killing Satou and marrying Hime for real this time.

Looks like there were some dealings between some officials (at least one) of the kingdom and the Abyss, but that relationship is probably not between equals.
Old 2014-05-03, 13:11   Link #12
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
To be honest, so far he seems to be the most likely culprit. It's not natural for enemies to cross so far into their borders with such an implecable timming (specially merely 1 or 2 rather than a whole army); it would make sense if someone was reeling up the demons for an actual purpose, and so far he seemed to be the one to benefit the most out of the invasion; as he was going to be made the king of 2 countries and gain holy power through marriage as a counter measure.

Furthermore making him evil in the end would be a perfect excuse so that Hime doesn't feel any guilt towards him and for her to be completely focused on Satou as she should

..... Of course we don't know about the prince well enough to see if his good guy face is real or an act, and there it might be no hidden conspiracy at all; so far the only thing we are truly 100% certain is of the romantic tension between Hime and Satou.
Old 2014-05-04, 07:15   Link #13
yuzen003

It was a political marriage, she hadn't even been on the same planet for 10 years so it makes sense that there wouldn't be any emotional attachment. Additionally demons are invading the castle to assasinate Satou so sure the marriage would have brought additional power/authority but it would also mean your life is at risk at all times.

Given he probably doesn't love Hime and the knowledge that being the Ring King is pretty dangerous, it makes sense that a person would not want to have to deal with that if someone else was willing to step up. It's still early but it wouldn't surprise me if he is honestly okay with the situation, he's got a good life and not everyone wants to be a hero.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:22   Link #14
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
To be honest, so far he seems to be the most likely culprit. It's not natural for enemies to cross so far into their borders with such an implecable timming (specially merely 1 or 2 rather than a whole army); it would make sense if someone was reeling up the demons for an actual purpose, and so far he seemed to be the one to benefit the most out of the invasion; as he was going to be made the king of 2 countries and gain holy power through marriage as a counter measure.

Furthermore making him evil in the end would be a perfect excuse so that Hime doesn't feel any guilt towards him and for her to be completely focused on Satou as she should

..... Of course we don't know about the prince well enough to see if his good guy face is real or an act, and there it might be no hidden conspiracy at all; so far the only thing we are truly 100% certain is of the romantic tension between Hime and Satou.
Well, for the moment, he seems like a good guy. He handed the MC his sword.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:51   Link #15
GenesiD

I'm going to be an optimist and consider the prince to be the ultimate bro. Not to mention there isn't much reason for him to be frustrated or anything. He doesn't even know Hime (from what we know anyway) and probably has other females coming at him. All of a sudden this guy comes together with Hime from the other side and she chooses him. You'd think a well educated prince would make the connection that there is something special between the two.
Unless he wanted all the glory to himself as the Hero in which case idk.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 09:44   Link #16
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
I'm going to be an optimist and consider the prince to be the ultimate bro. Not to mention there isn't much reason for him to be frustrated or anything. He doesn't even know Hime (from what we know anyway) and probably has other females coming at him. All of a sudden this guy comes together with Hime from the other side and she chooses him. You'd think a well educated prince would make the connection that there is something special between the two.
Unless he wanted all the glory to himself as the Hero in which case idk.
I'm hoping he's a bro too. Watch him be in love with a maid or some other lower class girl that society wouldn't see them to be fit. The hero needs a good sidekick.
Old 2014-05-05, 18:02   Link #17
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Sidekick?

I think the Prince already has his own girl back at his place as well and now that he doesn't have to be with Hime, he can go rekindle things with the other girl. Satou could have saved him as well. I'd be bro with anyone who did that for me, even if he didn't know it.

The plot may be a well-used plot but in Maybe's hands, I'm sure that I'll thoroughly enjoy it. Hime is very cute too (dat posterior~ ). She looks a bit too much like Yuuko right now but he just got done drawing hundreds of pages with her so it's forgivable.
Old 2014-05-30, 01:38   Link #18
bones

New chapter and lol at the development, wasn't expecting this to happen.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 02:35   Link #19
Ddraig

After reading chapter 3 look like there need to be harem tag after this.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 03:29   Link #20
Xacual

I'm surprised by everyone surprised by this development. Did no one see the preview image for the series? It showed the MC with multiple rings while Hime only had one.

Actually I noticed it's really small in the OP but here's larger size.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actually not an harem, fanservice, fantasy, harem, true harem