AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-11-23, 20:40   Link #21
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So they never even got a chance to use their secret weapon? Talk about anti-climactic. So does the princess didn't join the harem yet?
Glorie reminds me of a not quite as psychotic Esdeath.
Lectival is more badass than Tatsumi, though.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 20:40   Link #22
Mechatrill

Quote:
So they never even got a chance to use their secret weapon? Talk about anti-climactic. So does the princess didn't join the harem yet?
No, the weapon was used. It was really rather effective too. That's why they had to come up with the desperate quick attack on the city using Lect as a decoy (really, using the King as a decoy? Thing have got to be pretty bad for that to be an option).

So yeah, Imperial Princess just retreated. No idea if she shows back up later on, but I wouldn't bet against her reappearance in a later volume...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 20:42   Link #23
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
No, the weapon was used. It was really rather effective too. That's why they had to come up with the desperate quick attack on the city using Lect as a decoy (really, using the King as a decoy? Thing have got to be pretty bad for that to be an option).

So yeah, Imperial Princess just retreated. No idea if she shows back up later on, but I wouldn't bet against her reappearance in a later volume...
Thank you for the answers. So...any other secret powers of the king's sword revealed later? I have to know. How powerful is it really?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 20:45   Link #24
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Thank you for the answers. So...any other secret powers of the king's sword revealed later? I have to know. How powerful is it really?
Nuclear. It was responsible for the collapse of the empire two millennia ago.
Old 2014-11-23, 20:59   Link #25
Mechatrill

Quote:
Other than the overwhelming offensive power capable of annihilating a country (of which Lect can only access a little portion of right now), it's got a ton of other utility functions that are less flashy but still very useful.

Like basic health monitoring and maintenance, letting its wielder go without sleep, stuff like that...
Old 2014-11-23, 21:18   Link #26
bakato

Quote:
Other than the overwhelming offensive power capable of annihilating a country (of which Lect can only access a little portion of right now), it's got a ton of other utility functions that are less flashy but still very useful.

Like basic health monitoring and maintenance, letting its wielder go without sleep, stuff like that...
Very handy. So I've only read the manga so far, but I'm getting the impression that the "MC reincarnating" was just tacked on. I mean most of the time I just forget that this guy came from another world. Makes me wonder whether this tidbit was even necessary for the story in the first place.
Old 2014-11-23, 21:24   Link #27
Direwolf18

Quote:
Very handy. So I've only read the manga so far, but I'm getting the impression that the "MC reincarnating" was just tacked on. I mean most of the time I just forget that this guy came from another world. Makes me wonder whether this tidbit was even necessary for the story in the first place.
From what I have seen of the manga so far they could have dropped the reincarnation thing altogether.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 22:00   Link #28
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
From what I have seen of the manga so far they could have dropped the reincarnation thing altogether.
It allows them to have a protagonist that has an outsider status, like a transfer student in a school setting, so that the readers learn about the setting along with Lectival. It also allows for him to have different values from a person born and raised in that world. Most reincarnation stories have bugger all written about the previous life, so it really isn't that unusual.
Old 2014-11-23, 23:28   Link #29
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
It's more or less like a super computer as well. It let's the current wielder utilize memories from past users. It also analyses things.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 23:36   Link #30
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

From just normal fantasy like setting to somewhere industrial age to then have 20th century weapons and finally to a Zaku....

Is the elder sibling priestess in the harem?
Old 2014-11-23, 23:48   Link #31
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
From just normal fantasy like setting to somewhere industrial age to then have 20th century weapons and finally to a Zaku....

Is the elder sibling priestess in the harem?
To address the confusion, the author said in the LN that 'backward' weapons like crossbows and bows are better than guns and bullets because
Spoiler for information IIRC:
Old 2014-11-24, 08:30   Link #32
Direwolf18

Oh thanks Moe. That's an explanation that makes sense. I was wondering about that, I was almost figuring the artist was just drawing whatever seemed cool without actualy realizing that he art is including everything from the 1500s to early 20th century.

A lot of he times in scifi novels the cover art has little to no relationship to whAt is in the book. Or the artist is clearly shooting for visually impressive compared to realistic.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 11:07   Link #33
chaosbeowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
To address the confusion, the author said in the LN that 'backward' weapons like crossbows and bows are better than guns and bullets because
Spoiler for information IIRC:
Spoiler:
chaosbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 22:56   Link #34
bakato

Can someone just tell me a little about Aria, the concubine? I just want to know whether she really likes our White. From the impression I got from the manga, her feelings weren't confirmed.

Last edited by bakato; 2014-11-24 at 23:35.
Old 2014-11-24, 22:59   Link #35
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Can someone just tell me a little a bout Aria, the concubine? I just want to know whether she really likes our White. From the impression I got from the manga, her feelings weren't confirmed.
Which one?Sorry, I can't really remember who this Aria is.There's a crazy number of concubines in this LN.The amount of women he married exceeded ten people.

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2014-11-24 at 23:10.
Old 2014-11-24, 23:21   Link #36
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Which one?Sorry, I can't really remember who this Aria is.There's a crazy number of concubines in this LN.The amount of women he married exceeded ten people.
The one in the manga. You know. The bud from the flower shop. The first one where he had a heartfelt talk with the maid afterward about the powers of a king giving him the power to decide another's life in chapter 8. Please clarify. Did her sleep with her or not?

Here's a pic.

Spoiler for Picture:

Last edited by bakato; 2014-11-24 at 23:35.
Old 2014-11-24, 23:54   Link #37
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
The one in the manga. You know. The bud from the flower shop. The first one where he had a heartfelt talk with the maid afterward about the powers of a king giving him the power to decide another's life in chapter 8. Please clarify. Did her sleep with her or not?

Here's a pic.

Spoiler for Picture:
No relationship was established. Basically, he just spent some time with her to give the impression that he had sex with her and then sent her away.Although, the dragon princesses later planned to get him a mistress since they can't have sex before he they get married.

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2014-11-25 at 00:07.
Old 2014-11-25, 01:56   Link #38
Mechatrill

No, Aria's in the harem.

Well, she's also not. Not yet anyways, in a way...

To clarify, she's in the harem as in she's a valid romantic partner for Lect. She's not yet in the harem as in the actual official position, i.e. entering the Inner Palace (also translatable as Harem) as an officially recognized concubine.

It's a bit of a political thing. The manga didn't really go into detail there (and was actually slightly misleading), but the blurb where it mentioned that Aria secretly went to live at a villa while Lilicia entered the Inner Palace? That "Using her position as concubine and refused?" The actual nuance of it is that, at the time, Meriela has yet to enter the Inner Palace (mostly because she and Lect were immediately tossed into the Empire's invasion in the North), so Aria argued that it would look bad, politically, if a concubine entered before Meriela (or any of the other Dragon Princesses). Lilicia was fine since she was the Miko, which is fairly comparable to the Dragon Princesses in status, so her entering first wouldn't be a big deal, but for Aria, a concubine, that's a no go. Thus, Aria instead kept to the shadows and look a villa near the castle and acts in the background for the time being.

I have no doubt that there is the full expectation that Aria will come out of the shadows and officially enter the Inner Palace after Meriela (and, again, possibly the other Dragon Princesses too) does.
Old 2014-11-25, 02:32   Link #39
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
No, Aria's in the harem.

Well, she's also not. Not yet anyways, in a way...

To clarify, she's in the harem as in she's a valid romantic partner for Lect. She's not yet in the harem as in the actual official position, i.e. entering the Inner Palace (also translatable as Harem) as an officially recognized concubine.

It's a bit of a political thing. The manga didn't really go into detail there (and was actually slightly misleading), but the blurb where it mentioned that Aria secretly went to live at a villa while Lilicia entered the Inner Palace? That "Using her position as concubine and refused?" The actual nuance of it is that, at the time, Meriela has yet to enter the Inner Palace (mostly because she and Lect were immediately tossed into the Empire's invasion in the North), so Aria argued that it would look bad, politically, if a concubine entered before Meriela (or any of the other Dragon Princesses). Lilicia was fine since she was the Miko, which is fairly comparable to the Dragon Princesses in status, so her entering first wouldn't be a big deal, but for Aria, a concubine, that's a no go. Thus, Aria instead kept to the shadows and look a villa near the castle and acts in the background for the time being.

I have no doubt that there is the full expectation that Aria will come out of the shadows and officially enter the Inner Palace after Meriela (and, again, possibly the other Dragon Princesses too) does.
I was under the impression that she was dismissed, which is why the dragon princesses wanted to find the MC a mistress he can have sex with before he married any of the princesses.

Edit:you are right.She's now treated as a royal mistress.
Old 2014-11-25, 08:13   Link #40
bakato

Aww. So she hasn't actually fallen for our guy yet? And this was my favorite girl after Glorie.

Tags
harem