AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 17:40   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yup, downloaded the updated copy the other day, which thankfully couldn't have been easier. Haven't had a chance to get to it yet either, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try. It sounds like the extra QC was helpful.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 07:50   Link #22
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Played it mostly through over the past couple of days. Translation is quite decent; the dialogue flows well and doesn't feel "Engrish". That said, there are a few mistakes here and there, but considering the sheer amount of text in the game it's all in all very good.
Old 2009-01-28, 08:11   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually bought this on a whim yesterday, since Ar Tonelico II was supposedly delivered in my front door, but noone rang the door bell. >_>

Anyways, I was actually planning on starting on Kotori's route, but then Sakura just won me over with her flashbacks. Only problem is that I feel so much like a pedo now that Sakura still looks like a child lol. XD

Took a while to adjust to the voices though, since after DC, DCSS, DCII, and DCIISS, I'm so used to having Sakura voiced by Tamura. The other girls I didn't have much of a problem with since they weren't in DCII, but Tamura is particularly fresh in my mind. It's quite odd at first, but the constant 'unyaa~' has won me over.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 23:52   Link #24
Asrialys

Currently somewhere along the Kotori route. lol Kept ending on March 6th until finally getting into someone's route. When I saw March 7th, I silently cheered in my seat :P

Very happy with the quality. Yes, there are some mistakes, but very minor and dismissible. The weirdest line I saw was something earlier in the game about "The part two..." and a mirror image. I think it was referring to Nemu.

By the way, did anyone else get charged a $1.96 "International Transaction Fee"? I'm just curious because it shows up on my account and I'm not sure what it applies to. I've made several other purchases, but those have been in the US. There's one other possibility, but that item hasn't been released yet, so I sort of doubt it's that.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2009-01-29 at 00:20.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:25   Link #25
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
By the way, did anyone else get charged a $1.96 "International Transaction Fee"? I'm just curious because it shows up on my account and I'm not sure what it applies to. I've made several other purchases, but those have been in the US. There's one other possibility, but that item hasn't been released yet, so I sort of doubt it's that.
That's probably a charge assessed by your credit card company. For example, when I buy items from Japan using yen, my credit card company charges me a fee for converting my dollars into yen. Therefore, if your credit card isn't from Europe, you'll probably be assessed a fee to convert into euros.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:42   Link #26
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
That's probably a charge assessed by your credit card company. For example, when I buy items from Japan using yen, my credit card company charges me a fee for converting my dollars into yen. Therefore, if your credit card isn't from Europe, you'll probably be assessed a fee to convert into euros.
Yeah, I figured. Just making sure I knew where it came from.
Old 2009-02-05, 18:40   Link #27
caddyalan

While stumbling around the Web today, I found that Aznkeo from White Butterfly has posted her impressions on the official Da Capo translation. Link: http://aznkeo.wordpress.com/2009/01/...capo/#more-316
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 03:32   Link #28
Asrialys

Well, this was my first ever eroge that I've played. I've always wanted to try out Da Capo. I was a bit worried about how this whole business would work out when I heard of it last year, but it seems to have turned out alright, despite some problems in the beginning. I hope Suika gets a fairly smooth release.

I went through Kotori's route first. It was pretty fun. I always wondered how well a game's character transitioned over into its anime version, if it were to ever receive one.

I'll eventually get to the other routes when I get more time. Will probably do Nemu or Sakura's last.

And to be honest, I couldn't help but laugh during the sex scenes. The sounds and dialogue. Heh...

Just a minor note: there was a single instance where Kotori's name was spelled "Kototi". Not a big deal (to me), but I found it funny. Forgot where though...
Old 2009-03-23, 11:54   Link #29
stsaturn

I have a question about the choices you can make when going to lunch or going home. People at random will talk and sometimes mention a name but their is no translation. Are they trying to hint as to the locations of certain people?
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 13:21   Link #30
xXSupanoobXx

Nope. As you said, it's random.

I have a question though. I grabbed a walkthrough, played through the entire game, but when I went back to check I still had some scenes not unlocked, and some CG's missing.
xXSupanoobXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, eroge, pc game, romance