AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-05, 22:42   Link #401
VooDooZulu
13th level Googlemancer

I want to know how Kyouko will react when she finds out Natsume is a girl! can this love triangle get any better? Also, i loooooove Touji in this episode. i like how they are shaping out his character, its much better than i though. First, all he has to say is "Does it bother you", and then spread heinous rumors.

Spoiler for episode 5:
VooDooZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 22:56   Link #402
Iron Maw
Banned

I'm surprised how more aren't mentioning how awful convenient it was for Harutora to get that staff right when he needed it. Heck, how did Ohtomo know he was even there?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 23:02   Link #403
VooDooZulu
13th level Googlemancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm surprised how more aren't mentioning how awful convenient it was for Harutora to get that staff right when he needed it. Heck, how did Ohtomo know he was even there?
You make a good point, i was too busy thinking about the love triangle forming. i smell a conspiracy.
VooDooZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 23:04   Link #404
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's what I was thinking. Is Otomo involved in stuff somehow?

Otherwise, MEH.
Spoiler:

Otherwise, Kon makes this show. As does Touji, who's an AWESOME troll and totes hotter than Bakatora.
Old 2013-11-05, 23:12   Link #405
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooZulu View Post
You make a good point, i was too busy thinking about the love triangle forming. i smell a conspiracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Aye, at the very least he has some connection to this. Feels like he knew what might happen and how everyone would react. On another note that Yakou Disciple was apparently from Onmydo Bureau who's supposed to be protecting Natsume from fanatics like him, so how did he get this close to her?

Quote:
Otherwise, MEH.
Spoiler:

Otherwise, Kon makes this show. As does Touji, who's an AWESOME troll and totes hotter than Bakatora.
Actually, it was a team effort. Everyone save for Touji played some part and Natsume was one to finish things in the end too.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-11-06 at 02:49.
Old 2013-11-06, 02:10   Link #406
dark998

A bit disappointing that there was no proper match vs Kyouko though everybody teaming up against the oni (not 3D!) was pretty ok. This episode also revealed that Kyouko is actually a nice girl and that she loves Natsume (pure misunderstanding fuel, as seen in the last minutes).
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 02:20   Link #407
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

They're certainly speeding through the material fast! Despite the rush, this was a solid episode, especially liked Touji trolling again.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 03:59   Link #408
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Giving him that stuff was aftermath of battle, Harutora in that fought pretty good and that bokken wasn't up to it. So he sent him that as "replacement", but yes that timing was very suspicous.

And for defensive shikigami (I was refreshing my memories so I looked on that as well): They are spiritualy connected to owner 24/7 and thus put big strain on omnyouji , so having one is sign of abillity.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 04:27   Link #409
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, at least the staff didn't give him any haxx advantages... That I know of anyway

Building up an arsenal from scratch is something I didn't realized that I had missed from Anime
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:05   Link #410
ookamigirl

Harutora didn't show much in that fight.
Guess it showed he's just a beginner.
Kon needs some restraining though.
Touji really knows how to stir up things with his comments.
Natsume was acting weird this time.
It certainly showed she has some more than friendly feelings.
Seems like Harutora is really good under pressure.
Great episode this time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 05:28   Link #411
Tenzen12

As I said he did very vell in that fight, but bokken failed him. Anime didn't showed that much though. If you remember he fared quite well against that twelve generals chick at least.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:31   Link #412
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

There's always two or three really good sakuga on this show each episode. It reflects the animators having fun doing the show. I love it.

I'm getting used to the CG slowly as well.

The anti-climatic fight is handled very well.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 10:39   Link #413
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

The reveal at the end of Harutora actually remembering this promise, actually makes me wonder if Harutora is the "True" Heir, but as a kid, they found that for some reason he had no skills, and as a result, swapped places with a branch member, Natsume.

This could be the "power-up" that Harutora needs, i.e. - he's the true reincarnation of Yakou.

Either way, the memories he doesn't remember, the fact that he does sort of remember Kurahashi's promise, etc, isn't really easily explained until you think of it from that angle. And honestly, that makes the most sense from a Family Branch perspective of a "disgraced" family, who either did this swap because:

1) They want to restore some respect for their family, and having an heir with no "powers" would be troublesome,

or 2) It's a mix of the above point, and the fact that Harutora wouldn't be able to protect himself easily against the Yakou fanatics, or simply that they just wanted to protect him, and so swapped him out.

Either way, this is all hard unless they kept him a secret for a long time, etc, messed with some memories, etc.

Anyway, that's what I'd prefer to see as the "twist" , and not to mention, Touji is clearly a badass in disguise or something/hasn't revealed his power yet.
Old 2013-11-06, 10:44   Link #414
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
So Kyoko was just tsundere for Natsume. I feel so sorry for her when she finds out Natsume's a girl and that she actually made the promise with Harutora. It looks like Harutora spent his youth running around making promises with his female relatives. He really needs to watch himself.

Touji being a troll as usual was hilarious, and Kon was adorable.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 10:49   Link #415
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm kind of amazed that Natsume is actually fooling people. Her trap disguise is so weak that I didn't even know it was serious until I read replies to my question about it here on this thread. I originally thought that Natsume just had to be boy-like for some reason, not that she had to make people think she is a boy.

Still, I really like how this plot device is being used. It puts a neat spin on the Harutora/Natsume/Kyouko love triangle, and creates some humorous misunderstandings. I definitely am looking forward to Kyouko eventually finding out that Natsume is a girl. The fallout from that could be very interesting and/or funny.

Anyway, I continue to like Natsume's character. She went off on Harutora in this episode, but I don't think it's just standard tsundere stuff. I think she really does want him to take things more seriously, and apply himself more to the work he needs to do in order to do well at this school and do well as a Shaman/Familiar. It's also possible that she resents how easily popularity seems to come to him, given that she's had to sacrifice a lot (including much in the way of a social life) in order to be where she is today.

As for Kyouko, I'm relieved that she was much more friendly and charming in Episode 5 than she was in Episode 4. It's good to see her personality is a little more varied than what I had first feared.

The action and plot are pretty good so far. It's not downright fantastic, but it's very solid, and it definitely keeps me engaged with the show. Tokyo Ravens might be the biggest pleasant surprise of Fall 2013 for me so far.
Old 2013-11-06, 12:20   Link #416
Kakkou
Tch.

Touji's a lot more than just a cool bro with spiritual sight based on his little comment that implied he knew what the real Kakugyouki was like. It's probably too soon to guess but I'll get ahead of myself and say that:

Spoiler for speculation:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 12:26   Link #417
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Touji's a lot more than just a cool bro with spiritual sight based on his little comment that implied he knew what the real Kakugyouki was like. It's probably too soon to guess but I'll get ahead of myself and say that:

Spoiler for speculation:
It never said that he knew the real Kakugyouki. He's just seen a real oni. In any case, it was never stated that Yakou's shikigami underwent reincarnation with him. Recall Harutora's vision of Yakou's conversation with presumably one of his shikigami, who looks shockingly similar to a certain loli. Said shikigami stated that she would wait for him. Why would she say that if she was undergoing reincarnation with him?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 13:08   Link #418
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol my osananajimi radar was blaring the entire episode for Kyoko, only to be firmly revealed in the end. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't string the whole forgotten childhood friend (or in this case mistaken?) a little bit more, but hey, I guess they gotta cover more important material...

...like Touji for example. Guy is a frigging enigma, and everything seems to be a wee bit too convenient this episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 13:11   Link #419
Iron Maw
Banned

That scene was actually longer in the manga. No idea if they will show the whole thing at some point.
Old 2013-11-06, 17:30   Link #420
MasterVampire

Wait im really confused.

Is Natsume Tsuchimikado a girl or guy?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime