AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 180 70.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 14.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 7.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 1.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.53%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-30, 06:56   Link #61
Snooker
Call me neet.

"Only the good die young" .Remember Nagisa!!!!
Old 2009-01-30, 07:14   Link #62
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Key adaptation. Many people expected it, but it still hits as hard as a power fist, doesn't it?
I agree, I can still feel the pain in my heart but I think that without the movie it would be a much bigger surprise because after it I knew that she will die and I was only waiting for the episode but the pain is still strong.
Old 2009-01-30, 07:29   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, it happened.
Spoiler for Episode 16:
Old 2009-01-30, 07:44   Link #64
Zippicus

This was a pretty harsh episode. I pretty much expected what was going to happen but it didn't make it any easier to watch. I'm expecting the next few episodes to be pretty brutal as well, but I'm holding out hope for a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 2009-01-30, 07:44   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One has to give them credit for consistency and faithfulness to the original script. though "There wasn't a special ending in the original material. IT'S NOT IN THE SCRIPT. *ribbit*"
Old 2009-01-30, 07:48   Link #66
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Yeah the ED was kind of like taking that knife and twisting it in the wound. Appropriate for 1st half... I almost think they should've switched the OP and ED around. But as pointed.. "It's not in the script". Have to admire such consistency a bit.
Old 2009-01-30, 07:50   Link #67
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
I'll say this coming out of episode 16: It hurt. Bad. Really bad. It will be interesting to see how they will play out the remaining eight episodes after that.
Old 2009-01-30, 07:54   Link #68
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 16 article is up:

[RIUVA] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 16

It's not so much an article as it is a tribute; I just don't have the heart for a proper write-up. It's horribly painful, so much so that a 10/10 isn't quite enough.
Old 2009-01-30, 07:58   Link #69
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I sorta had to laugh morbidly at the super happy sunshine ED that came after. So abrupt.

I hoped they would have a special ED or something, like what most anime does when something big like that happens.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:06   Link #70
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have KyoAni's address if anyone would like to mail their mental therapy bills to them.

Well its the next day and i have had time to let things sit but as i sit here at work i still feel like crap i have not felt this bad since Air and that was a bad bad week. In the end i understand everything, why they did it and what message they were trying to portray over all it was nicely done.

There are multiple things you could point out with Nagisa's thinking I will give one example. Nagisa wanted to have Ushio no matter what but what Nagisa failed to think of really was the after effect long down the road. Ushio growing up without a mother will be very hard and Tomoya will always question himself weather he is raising Ushio properly in someways things are going to be worse for Tomoya and Ushio without Nagisa than if she were alive. Then there is Nagisa's parents all i will say is no parent should ever outlive their child EVER. There were pro's and cons to Nagisa giving birth or having an abortion the abortion had the probability to wreck her body as well. But it was Nagisa's choice and she choice life for Ushio instead of preserving her own that is already a true sign of parenthood.

I dont know why they didnt change ED it was almost like mockery of everything that had happen. All i know is that KyoAni next series better not be heart wrenching they owe us a happy ending. 8 more episodes to how are they are going to pull it off after something like this? This what anime is all about my friends to be able to spark such emotion in so many people.

9/10 the ED just killed it i had to take a point of for it.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:09   Link #71
Meatrose
Antihero

Let's just hope they realize that a lot of fans were saddened to see Torch ruin the mood right after what happened. They could decide to swap it for the DVD release though. Such things do happen. I remember that Sunrise changed the ED for Stage 25 - Zero (the final episode of the first season of Code Geass) for the DVDs. That time it was the other way around though. It aired with a custom ED featuring the music from the first OP and they swapped it for the ED that was used for all the other stages of the second half of that season. In my opinion it was better before they changed it, but I hope that KyoAni will go for a swap as well, cause in this case it would make it a lot better. Heck, let Dango Daikazoku make a one-time reappearance if they don't feel like going for a custom ED. Anyhow, I'd be surprised if it happened. I guess we'll just have to learn to push pause at the right moment.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:32   Link #72
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Another way to do it is to not put any music at all, and let the silence speak for itself. I too think that the ED was out of place after such a gutwrenching scene.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:41   Link #73
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Uhmm, I have the subs downloaded, too scared to watch it now . I will watch in during my 3rd period spare today, Need actual food anyways .
Old 2009-01-30, 08:53   Link #74
Jimmy C

I suggest waiting until after classes to watch. The last part might leave you too upset to pay attention to class. Unless you don't want to pay attention to class.
Old 2009-01-30, 08:53   Link #75
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Sad, but not sad enough. I don't know why but it feels like they held back. Was it the strange choice of music (17:06 was great though)? Or that she woke up after they showed the ultimate face of death at 17:29 already? I don't know.

Makoto still reigns supreme.

On a side note, now i understand why Tomoyas father is like he is, judging from the preview. I hope they'll touch that subject later.

Last edited by Narzia; 2009-01-30 at 11:56.
Old 2009-01-30, 09:16   Link #76
Kristen
*Author

I kind of feel like the rating of "1" needs a different name. Because this episode was painful, but it's not like it was a bad painful, it was a good painful.

At first I didn't like the New Year's scene with Kyou, Ryou, Kotomi, and Sunohara, feeling that it might ruin some parts of the story. But, Kyoani just did that scene so well, I can't complain. And they left before the birth, so it was just that much better.

I was a bit surprised in their choice of Umarekawatta Atarashii Seimei for the death scene, but you know, it fit really well. I was expecting something vocal sung in the background, but I suppose this worked.

The death scene was also pretty surprising. They went SHAFT on us! Then again, I guess you can assume that there was no other way to properly do that scene. Really have to isolate the new family, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.

The post-death scene seemed like a potential botch, but I realized what they are doing, which drags into spoilers, so I won't touch it.

ED was exactly as was said before. Twisting the knife in the wound. Though I really wish they did not do that and spend the extra money required to make a new ED.

9/10. Kyoani messed up on a lot of this episode, but the plot is just too strong to downrate it by much.
Old 2009-01-30, 09:19   Link #77
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think the entire episode worked so perfectly. So they went a bit Shaft on us, but is that a bad thing? They did it without going overboard like they sometimes do in ef shows.

Also, it's really gutsy of them to show the entire second half almost entirely from Nagisa's first person perspective. That was just striking and bold of them.
Old 2009-01-30, 10:08   Link #78
LemonMunchies

They didn't change the ED... At least it cheered me up a bit.

Nagisaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-01-30, 10:28   Link #79
typhonsentra

Yeah, if any episode was going to get a lot of attention/discussion it'd be this one.
Old 2009-01-30, 10:38   Link #80
FTV

Hey guys... what if... they altered all those shots from the next episode to give them a sad tone... but the first part of the next episode is... everything is okay! That could happen right? RIGHT!?
Closed Thread