AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

View Poll Results: w/c one is better....
Doom3 6 21.43%
Halo 2 16 57.14%
both of them!!! 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-14, 15:03   Link #1
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Doom3 vs. Halo...

w/c do u think is better of the two most anticipated game this year?... me... I choose of course both...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 18:36   Link #2
SPINAL-BRAIN
May be a Senior Member

Both Doom 3 and Halo 2 Baby!!! Mostly Halo 2...should be worth the waiting...Bungie will show how to make FPS games with Halo 2
SPINAL-BRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 22:16   Link #3
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
oh
like how they were supposed to do that with halo 1?

halo 2 is nothing too special
all of it has been done in other games before, save the 3 team games

i shall play it before passing final judgement though, not too highly anticipated

doom 3 has gay looking enemies
but the atmosphere is great
soo...it should be a pretty good game once it comes out
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 22:44   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I personally hate FPS... but when I played the first Halo for the first time, it brought back serious Goldeneye memories... so with that being said... I'm highly anticipating Halo 2 for the destructible levels, vehicles... the laser sword... and the LAN capture the flag games with my buddies... Halo 2 all the way...
Old 2004-06-14, 23:40   Link #5
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think Halo 2 is going to be met with more anticipation than Doom 3. The latter has this enormous legacy to live up to, while Halo 2 is closer to its predecessor, Halo 1. So it's obvious Doom 3 would be met with more skepticism than Halo 2.

Well, Halo 2 wins the anticipation round in that more people anticipate it. People who anticipate Doom 3 anticipate it HARDER, but not as many people as Halo 2.

But I think Half Life 2 is anticipated more AND has a lot more to live up to than either Doom 3 or Halo 2. Just my opinion.
Old 2004-06-15, 07:29   Link #6
Shadowlord
~DESU

just for the reason that Doom has a longer standing in history, I think it is more anticipated, IMO that is.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 08:47   Link #7
Necrodeath

Umm, where the "Neither" option in the poll?
Hidden option #4 or something?
I'm going to have to go for Neither, Halo was fun and all, but it got boring fast.
Doom3 is also not in my "favourites box", because I don't like the feeling of the game.

Quake4, now that's a game that I'm waiting for...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 14:41   Link #8
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Send a message via AIM to GungFuFury
the ONLY reason for Halo to have gotten boring is if you don't play it online... if you do... then you'd be as addicted to it still as i am.... Halo 2 all the way!
GungFuFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 14:52   Link #9
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Both, I am jonesing for some XBOX fps co-op action and both will have it.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 21:59   Link #10
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

Tribes

HALO is alright, its fun with a group of people like Goldeneye was, but its nothing special. I personally hate the ad's and stuff halo is getting, this new ground breaking game that copied the past games. Tribes was made at least 6-8 years ago, has everything Halo has, Tribes 2 Just blows Halo out of the water, and Tribes 3 is gonna best them all(even halo 2). I enjoy it sometimes because it brings back the days of Goldeneye and party games and all that, but for ground-breaking and new? It most certainly is not. Doom was one of the first, and I used to play it when Doom II came out we were excited! I think Doom 3 is gonna pwn just like all other Doom's have. Doom was a ground-breaking game, and I think Doom 3 maybe as well, they are sinking a lot of money into it.

Raven
WARRAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:11   Link #11
Nazgul

add a neither option
most looking forward to Tribes Vengeance (as long as the beta works out some
things I'm not liking about the development)
Nazgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:14   Link #12
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
The option "both of them" is odd to begin with. Both of them are your favorites? Uh.. right. I like halo 2 more than Doom 3 but overall I want half-life 2 the most out of all the fps.

It's not really for half-life 2 though, it's for counter-strike 2
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:18   Link #13
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Where's the "Half-Life 2 will stomp both" option?
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 22:28   Link #14
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
The option "both of them" is odd to begin with. Both of them are your favorites? Uh.. right. I like halo 2 more than Doom 3 but overall I want half-life 2 the most out of all the fps.

Speaking of counterstrike, I'm sure everyone here is well familiar with the infamous reputation attributed to a fair portion of the Counterstrike community (aka retarded 12-year olds).

Do you guys think those fans will be quick to switch over to Counterstrike 2, or do you think (due to HL2's most likely steep hardware requirements) that we'll at least have some breathing room with CS2 before the retarded 12-year olds come en masse?
Old 2004-06-15, 23:03   Link #15
WARRAVEN
New Assasin on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
that we'll at least have some breathing room with CS2 before the retarded 12-year olds come en masse?
Ah, that is what the silence microphone option is for .

Raven
WARRAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 00:34   Link #16
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade

uh
if you are referring to that short bit in the trailer
that was NOT cs2
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:29   Link #17
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

First of all Halo is nothing special, I played and I finished it entirely. But it is nothing compared to Half Life. Halo only got popularity because it was a good FPS for the X-Box. However, the PC version, which has much more graphic quality and sound effects, is nothing great. Halo reminds me of Golden Eye, a simple FPS for the Nintendo 64 that was highly famous. These two games are certainly over rated, and it is sin to say that they are best FPSs out in the market. The console games are no match for the PC games at all, due to the fact that the PC will always have an overwhelming technological advantage over the platform games.

Having said all this, Halo and Golden Eye are NOTHING compared to Half Life, which was praised as the best FPS in the world, and one of the bestseller games as well.

In other words, this poll should have been named; Doom 3 or Half Life 2. Due to the fact that both of them include a new a revolutionary graphic system that is supposed to set new standards for the gaming industry.

As for my preference, I would definitely choose Doom 3. Doom 1 & 2, was the first revolutionary First Person Shooter in the world with a 3D system. And now Doom 3 will tear apart the current 3D industry once again. I'm sure that this game will blow my mind off. That is a blasphemy.

Halo is nothing compared to Doom 3 or Half Life 2. Please don't lower the status of these epic and classic games to the level of Halo. That is a blasphemy.
Old 2004-06-16, 05:59   Link #18
JediNight
キズランダム

I could never really get around to liking HALO after what Microsoft pulled. They bought Bungie, a company note for great games for both Mac and PC before that, just so they could have HALO to release on their crummy mini-pc they call a console. In doing so I believe they scrapped the Mac version, delayed the PC version by a very long time, and basically gutted out alot of the core gameplay that was going to be in the computer version, so it would work on a console. (Plans were for like 64x64 servers, not 2x2 or only 16 or whatever if you link consoles and you get 5 square inches of TV screen to stare at then....)

Bungie hasn't released anything else since either, have they? Certainly not for Mac which was how Bungie started with that one FPS I can't remember the name of, and the Myth games.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 08:40   Link #19
Remian

I just have to go with Halo 2.

Halo 2 has alot fo Action and power while Doom 3 looks AWESOME...but it relies on the "creep" effect than the average FPS
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:41   Link #20
wnkryo
HainShodan

There wasn't an option for this but I voted none, and would rather turn my first person gaming towards half-life 2.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote