AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 21:52   Link #1501
Ryunatta
Broken Void

Send a message via MSN to Ryunatta
* not to redirect the subject please continue on with the talk of vol 17 after my opinion has been addressed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well one thing for sure at this point is this, Zero no tsukaima is going to be just like Inuyasha. Seemingly never ending.

For as long as Louise hides her true feelings on things. (though Saito should know her by now to say something she doesn't mean...Idiot)

And Henrietta is a female with out a lover in sight. I mean please, if Saito is the best she can find in her kingdom then its sorely lacking or she needs to get her royal arse out of her castle to go window shopping.

And Tiff has big tits and good personality....Do I have to elaborate further?

Tabitha remains "to herself" aka not outgoing therefore posing as a challenge to Saito to break through her exterior demeanor.

Whats her name with the red hair.... (yeah i forgot her name her fans please dont kill me) Remains a flirt.

Siesta remains well herself, giving yet not so giving. (She to can get on her legs and go window shopping with Henrietta , I mean for Pete's sake shes a commener she has more options than anyone else).

And Saito's proverbial "head" still remains "attached" he will forever remain guided by that "broken compass".

There is nothing what so ever stopping this series.

In truth, yes, a good option would be for Saito to just, GO HOME!!! After all absence makes the heart grow fonder...for some one else.

But a better option would be for the ladies to realize that they are better than this "dog". And loving him is just simply not any good for them. If they were all to meet men more worthy than Saito is of them things for the girls would be better.

Unless, that is, you all wish for your favorite girl to have a "Nice Boat" ending?

But if for example:

Louise was to find a male that was slightly perverted (because we all know that she likes it) yet he was faithful and loyal to her, while also being able to tell when she is hiding behind the proverbial "hidden bookshelf door" (yes i like saying proverbial). Life for her would be dandy.

If Tiff was to find some one that could (lord help him) look pass that big chest of hers into her personality, she would be pretty much set as well.

For Henrietta, she would need a comforter (maybe she needs to stop down at bed bath & beyond), who would be willing to listen to all of her woes, yet being able to understand the duties as a princess as well as being able to give good advice and being a excellent protector at that. (Shes going to need a 9000 thread count for that)

For Tabitha she needs a support, and no not the dell customer help kind, one that is dependable and also understanding. Let alone he should be fun loving, well really her opposite. After all opposites do attract, i think the same can work for her.

But this all shall never come to pass, as am starting to think that this guy is playing on making the story loop on forever. Why? I have a good reason for believing this, the more volumes he makes the more money he makes selling them. And don't let an unknowing few get into this story, that's more money in the bucket for him.

Whats done is done though, really and truly, I started out as a "LouisexSaito" fangirl, and now am slowly becoming a, "Screw Saito, am in this just for the Louise content" fangirl. On the other hand screw this entire story, note me when this is all over, I just wanna know what happens to Louise in the end...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can now continue with your volume 17 conversation.

I'll hear from you guys after volume 55~ And it would be soo much funnier if I guessed the right number of volumes, though the author perceives me as the kind to end on an odd number it'll still be odd if I was close~

Last edited by Ryunatta; 2009-07-07 at 22:08. Reason: Just wanted to say : Wtf this is long its freakin longer than my computer screen
Ryunatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:07   Link #1502
tsunade666

The more the story goes and illustrations shows. The more I keep thinking of to aru majutsu no index. And is it just me but I hate saito for being like total dog. But as for the gilrs I don't know
if I pity them or understand their feelings for saito. Yeh saito is great and all but still his a big dog.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:07   Link #1503
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I was the Saito/Louise myself but now with all the acts that Saito pulls I do not think he deserves anyone. Henrietta should aim higher, that the stupid (and by stupid I mean really idiotic) pervert. Siesta and Tabitha too. Louise though seems to fit Saito's masochistic side with her sadistic tendencies, should try to find someone with whom she can be more open instead of constantly being jealous and worried about him not loving her.

I do not see as Index because Touma is still an important character, while the only one who is lost is the supposed heroine - Index. In ZnT both main characters remain main, its just Saito is becoming less and less like-able with the stuff he pulls off.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 00:44   Link #1504
tsunade666

I'm not saying the story its the picture. with all the nuns and religion being pulled in the story.
As for saito he can just go back to japan for all I care. And for and for most he doesn't deserve to get one of those flowers. He can rot in our world. Even though his cool in the battle field he really is a moron to the max. Can't hold back at all and I don't even want to compare touma to saito.
Old 2009-07-11, 06:47   Link #1505
faiz blaster

Saito's problem is pretty much the same than that of Makoto from School Days: his behavior is too much what one would expect from a normal teenager boy of his age. Because it strikes so close to home, such behavior tend to make fans mad because they unconsciously realize that any other guy (maybe even said fans themselves) would have done exactly the same thing if they were in his shoes, even though knowing that was probably the worst course of action to take in said situation.

Now, coming back a little to the main topic, does anyone has any new spoilers about the upcoming novel?
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 07:01   Link #1506
rastilin

Quote:
Saito's problem is pretty much the same than that of Makoto from School Days: his behavior is too much what one would expect from a normal teenager boy of his age. Because it strikes so close to home, such behavior tend to make fans mad because they unconsciously realize that any other guy (maybe even said fans themselves) would have done exactly the same thing if they were in his shoes, even though knowing that was probably the worst course of action to take in said situation.
Unconsciously? No, consciously. He's obnoxiously average. If I wanted to watch someone stuff up a good thing in their life I could just walk outside and look around. Both my friends and I struggle to improve ourselves and cultivate self discipline but this guy just doesn't. Considering that he has far more stuff just handed to him without trying (women, power, etc...); that's actually insulting.

More to the point, in the story he represents the modern world compared to the ancient one. In a world where Louise is shocked to learn the maid can read and write, we have a main character, from a time where the internet lets you pick up any desired skill, who is actually less useful than a medieval serving maid (he can't cook or clean). If that isn't a kick in the pants, nothing is.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:43   Link #1507
tsunade666

That's not true for all. I wouldn't do that even if its kills me. For someone learning the path of a
warrior. Discipline yourself. And I know the modern world lacks the discipline. But his a japanese.
Isn't that the blood of the samurai. Plus his strong now face countless death fights. From
weak to the strongest with his own strength. He should learned to self control. And its not
because his a teenager that many are mad of him ITS BECAUSE HIS A TEENAGER that's why we
are mad of him. Teenager this days lack the discipline. Following stupid trends and just go with
the flow doesn't care for tomorrow. Hmmmm.... maybe he represents the current teenager.
But I'm a teenager that still follow discpline.. maybe I'm influence with too much anime and manga that shows discipline and heroic deeds.
Old 2009-07-11, 21:53   Link #1508
rastilin

Quote:
That's not true for all. I wouldn't do that even if its kills me. For someone learning the path of a
warrior. Discipline yourself. And I know the modern world lacks the discipline. But his a japanese.
Isn't that the blood of the samurai. Plus his strong now face countless death fights. From
weak to the strongest with his own strength. He should learned to self control. And its not
because his a teenager that many are mad of him ITS BECAUSE HIS A TEENAGER that's why we
are mad of him. Teenager this days lack the discipline. Following stupid trends and just go with
the flow doesn't care for tomorrow. Hmmmm.... maybe he represents the current teenager.
But I'm a teenager that still follow discpline.. maybe I'm influence with too much anime and manga that shows discipline and heroic deeds.
That made less sense that you might have hoped.
Old 2009-07-11, 21:55   Link #1509
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post

Now, coming back a little to the main topic, does anyone has any new spoilers about the upcoming novel?
its hard to fell in his shoes... the main reason? I dont think any of the readers are idiots. And to feel connection to Saito and feel like you would act the same way you obviously have to have a very VERY low IQ.

I mean idiot not just as an insult but as a real lack of brainpower. He is totally socially unaware of things as in not knowing common social interactions. Yes, hand-kissing is a western custom f.e. so he may not know, but that would be a case for a person who still lives in the beginning of XX age, not of someone who uses internet.

And besides I think you are simplifying things. I mean if everyone would be like Saito then there would be very little people who have steady relationship at all, because everyone would be like Saito going after other girls (sometimes not actively, but passively as in putting a sign 'I am always ready.') I mean yes, guys do have some thoughts about other attractive females even with their girlfriends around but they do restrict themselves from such acts, simply because they are social sense of responsibility and are mature enough to divide what is important and what is not. Saito looks more like a social retard rather than a normal, average person. Thats why I think it is pretty hard to feel like him.

You may feel for some points of his character, but as a whole - he is way too retarded for a normal person to think that he would totally act like him in most of these situations.

You may start saying - man he is a teenager, rebellions age, and other stereotypical crap like that, but the truth is even among teens there are plenty of acts of self-restrictions, because they are not kids anymore and know that you have to restrict yourself sometimes. Saito on the other hand acts more like an infantile rather than a teen. And he is already at age of 18. If it continues he might never grow up and stay infantile and a retard for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-07-11 at 22:07.
Old 2009-07-12, 01:54   Link #1510
tsunade666

is he 18? does it ever say his 18? I think his younger than that though not sure. And as for his
acts though I only see it in the tv but the internet also suggest it. Teens this days are wild
and if you surf the internet it roams of adults stuff. And even if I say IQ I don't know if that's
the right term for it. I see people... smart people and good looking but total B*st*** like him.
I don't think IQ is right maybe in his right senses?. I'm a hard boiled otaku sorry to say but I
believe what I read and sometimes judge based on it. Sorry guys but saito is a trash.

Edit:
btw what happen to the novel being license and all? I was waiting for it. but baka-tsuki said or somewhere
in here said its stops or something not sure what happen on it?
Old 2009-07-12, 02:26   Link #1511
rastilin

Quote:
is he 18? does it ever say his 18? I think his younger than that though not sure. And as for his
acts though I only see it in the tv but the internet also suggest it. Teens this days are wild
and if you surf the internet it roams of adults stuff. And even if I say IQ I don't know if that's
the right term for it. I see people... smart people and good looking but total B*st*** like him.
I don't think IQ is right maybe in his right senses?. I'm a hard boiled otaku sorry to say but I
believe what I read and sometimes judge based on it. Sorry guys but saito is a trash.
Grammar, punctuation and layout are things that make your thoughts translatable to others. I didn't get a word of that.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:14   Link #1512
Darknemo2000

Yes it is said that he is 18. Well actually it is said that he is 17 as series start (Louise is 16) but since the start already more than a year passed, so he must be 18 at the moment (Louise is 17).

Due to hard times seven-seas postponed the release of ZnT but it is as good as canceled really.
Old 2009-07-12, 17:57   Link #1513
Strike Chaos

No prob though. At least we still have baka
Strike Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 22:53   Link #1514
Hubb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Due to hard times seven-seas postponed the release of ZnT but it is as good as canceled really.
I was pretty sure they pushed ZnT to the canceled bin and just kept the license for it (or no one wanted to buy it). Actually, I don't think ZnT has a spot on their website/forum anymore either...

EDIT: They don't even list the fact that they have the license anymore and all the info I can find stated is that they are going to keep it until their contract runs out...Which could be forever...
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 00:36   Link #1515
tsunade666

ohh great. Well I'm not hoping for it anymore.

And I'm not good with grammar. I just think that the word IQ doesn't fit for saito being totally
perverse. I think even some people who are smart are also like him. And better, they can
manage their harem well. I think its the state of mind. His pretty much insane for me or not
in the right senses... Just being swayed by his instincts.
Old 2009-07-13, 00:40   Link #1516
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubb View Post
I was pretty sure they pushed ZnT to the canceled bin and just kept the license for it (or no one wanted to buy it). Actually, I don't think ZnT has a spot on their website/forum anymore either...

EDIT: They don't even list the fact that they have the license anymore and all the info I can find stated is that they are going to keep it until their contract runs out...Which could be forever...
Makes me even more happy that during the old days when the news about license came, I was one of those who said that we should keep on working despite the license and just remove the volumes when they are actually released.

Shana at least released first few volumes before going into a long long break, seven seas didn't even manage a single volume.

After such experience I think more groups should do the same - just because it becomes licensed doesn't mean it will be released. Or even if the first few volumes are released doesnt mean that they will continue to do so (Shakugan No Shana example).
Old 2009-07-13, 02:40   Link #1517
rastilin

Quote:
And I'm not good with grammar. I just think that the word IQ doesn't fit for saito being totally
perverse. I think even some people who are smart are also like him. And better, they can
manage their harem well. I think its the state of mind. His pretty much insane for me or not
in the right senses... Just being swayed by his instincts.
I want to point out the forum software will insert new line characters without you having to tell it, and it helps because we're using different screen sizes than you are.

If Saito knows better but can't control himself, that makes him contemptible. If he only follows his instincts then he's not that different from all the animals inside the nearby forests. He has the advantage of being human; instead of simply reacting to changes the world inflicts upon him, he can act to shift the world.

He doesn't do anything like this. He just follows along with what others want, and can't even take care of himself when left alone.
Old 2009-07-13, 03:26   Link #1518
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastilin View Post
I want to point out the forum software will insert new line characters without you having to tell it, and it helps because we're using different screen sizes than you are.
I don 't know about this one....

As for saito if his just following through than his just like an animal. Just above average. As I see him I like his character. His strong, kind and honest, and to boot
it up brave. I don't blame the girls around him falling for him. Its just he can't control
his emotions. Being swayed by those girls ( though its hard to resist them )

Its just as opposite of him in the battle field. His cool in the battle field of life but
sucks in the battle field of love.

And I suck with my grammar
Old 2009-07-13, 04:45   Link #1519
rastilin

Quote:
I don 't know about this one....
You don't need to press enter when you reach the end of the screen.

Quote:
His strong, kind and honest, and to boot
it up brave. I don't blame the girls around him falling for him.
He may be all these things. But these are things that got put into him by the people around him when he was growing up. He does not decide to be good, it's just something he is. Not that that's such a bad thing. My problem is simply that he lacks "self determination". And a brain.
Old 2009-07-13, 12:54   Link #1520
tsunade666

I think his self determined. But not when if comes with the girls. I think the way someone's nature when has been mold as he/she grows up. With each interaction with everybody. As for saito when his a kid he wants to help but his powerless but when he hot the power for it. His just being pushed or used. Even though he always say that human is not a tool. If I view him now by the events occurred that's not the things he must be doing. I think he must return home. But meeting with louise and becoming familiar and all falling in love with her. Though I personally think its due to her being his master. And their relationship grows stronger. I know when the link has been cut in volume 8. Their love didn't fade but WHAT IF SAITO'S MASTER ISN'T LOUISE? will it be the same? Fate connects them both I think. But then again I'm contradicting myself. Kinda confused in a way. But saito must learn to control his emotions. And I agree he lacks braincells. Maybe it got toast in the end of volume 7.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen