AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 21:46   Link #61
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
At my old high school it was cool to have sex with every girl that gave you the chance. Basically anyone that didn't do this was seen as a loser. Then again, when everyone at the school tried to be number one at anything they could, what did you expect

(Rumors has it that one guy at my school fucked 23 girls without getting one pregnant. Not kidding.)

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:58   Link #62
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
At my old high school it was cool to have sex with every girl that gave you the chance. Basically anyone that didn't do this was seen as a loser. Then again, when everyone at the school tried to be number one at anything they could, what did you expect

(Rumors has it that one guy at my school fucked 23 girls without getting one pregnant. Not kidding.)
This just pissed me off and boils my blood. Just who the hell believes having sex with many girls girl is something to be proud about?! Obviously idiots and sex maniacs!

He should die!!! If I were a father of one of those girls, damn, he's head might be impaled at the stake.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 22:00   Link #63
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Something to keep in mind here: From what I've seen, most of the girls in harem anime aren't interested in just sex. Most tend to want a serious romance with the male lead (personally, I'm glad about this, as romance anime would otherwise simply be plot-thin hentai by another name ).

There are exceptions of course, but they tend to only be a harem member or two, with most of the harem wanting a serious relationship.

It makes some sense for the male lead to not want to get involved with "willing girls" when this willingness carries with it the implied (if not clearly stated) desire for serious romance. In other words, getting involved sexually with such girls would carry with it at least implicit agreement of entering into a romance with her, and that's a big step that you wouldn't want to make with just anyone. I think that most guys would want to at least get to know the girl, over a certain period of time, before they'd be willing to enter into a romance with her.
Old 2012-03-01, 22:08   Link #64
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoChan View Post
This just pissed me off and boils my blood. Just who the hell believes having sex with many girls girl is something to be proud about?! Obviously idiots and sex maniacs!

He should die!!! If I were a father of one of those girls, damn, he's head might be impaled at the stake.
Oh he was the highest number, but there were a lot of other guys that tried to get close...20...18...12...15...16...just to give you a idea (and you have to blame the girls too...some of them wanted to be fucked several times). Ahh, the sex crazy years...we had some real harem kings...of course they were the "top of the class" guys (either rich boys with BMWs or the "ultracool" guys) and not the losers

(As a side note, some people claimed they fucked 100 girls for some reason...not that anyone believed it.)

Old 2012-03-01, 22:16   Link #65
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
(and you have to blame the girls too...some of them wanted to be fucked several times). Ahh, the sex crazy years...
Yeah, honestly I hate those years where sex was a necessary to test ones love for the other...and it end up the other way around. I've experience lust to the opposite sex but I di my best to suppress to have no regrets in the end... and I'm proud of it... as to tell you... many of my school mates who live that way... ended up becoming fathers at early age, without a degre and decent job.. hahaha
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 22:21   Link #66
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Quote:
Yeah, honestly I hate those years where sex was a necessary to test ones love for the other...and it end up the other way around. I've experience lust to the opposite sex but I di my best to suppress to have no regrets in the end... and I'm proud of it... as to tell you... many of my school mates who live that way... ended up becoming fathers at early age, without a degre and decent job.. hahaha
Depends on methods I guess...while people did have a shitload of sex, only 5 people got pregnant. Really good birth control methods here...I guess it was due to living near a fairly nice area (hell, the newspapers even reported how the area's birthrate was so low that it was in danger of being vacant in several years...hahahaha.)

(If I get too personal, most of you would probably kill me, even though I wasn't exactly a harem king )

Old 2012-03-01, 22:23   Link #67
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
...many of my school mates who live that way... ended up becoming fathers at early age, without a degre and decent job.. hahaha
I got a friend who became a father right before graduating highschool...the girl was force to stop going to school for the disgrace and transferred to another school right after giving birth (at 16 yrs old)..she married my friend at 18 but got separated soon and now he has a new wife at 24.

Quote:
Depends on methods I guess...while people did have a shitload of sex, only 5 people got pregnant.
Guess its always the girls lost in the end... By the way, numbers doesn't matter, its the future (the child and the mother), that is at stake.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 02:48   Link #68
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Something to keep in mind here: From what I've seen, most of the girls in harem anime aren't interested in just sex. Most tend to want a serious romance with the male lead (personally, I'm glad about this, as romance anime would otherwise simply be plot-thin hentai by another name ).

There are exceptions of course, but they tend to only be a harem member or two, with most of the harem wanting a serious relationship.

It makes some sense for the male lead to not want to get involved with "willing girls" when this willingness carries with it the implied (if not clearly stated) desire for serious romance. In other words, getting involved sexually with such girls would carry with it at least implicit agreement of entering into a romance with her, and that's a big step that you wouldn't want to make with just anyone. I think that most guys would want to at least get to know the girl, over a certain period of time, before they'd be willing to enter into a romance with her.
To be fair, Scott Pilgrim handle the whole issue about sex pretty well. Just because he and Ramona was having sex every once in a while didn't mean he was truly in love with her. It was still in the infant carnal relationship status...

Unfortunately, as long as Otaku commands the market, blue balls the male lead shall have.
Old 2012-03-02, 04:25   Link #69
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I think it was established pretty early that Scott was in love with (or at least obessed with) her. But you're maybe talking about the movie which is pretty different.
Old 2012-03-02, 08:12   Link #70
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
To be fair, Scott Pilgrim handle the whole issue about sex pretty well. Just because he and Ramona was having sex every once in a while didn't mean he was truly in love with her.
That wasn't my impression of Scott Pilgrim. My impression was that he was in love with her. Don't confuse a casual, deadpan delivery with a casual, deadpan heart.

Scott loved Ramona as much as Kyon loves Haruhi.

Also, you think Scott would fight the 7 ex-boyfriends (including Vegan Superman) for just any girl?
Old 2012-03-02, 12:52   Link #71
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

Ugh. That is disgusting. PUT CHASITY BELTS ON ALL OF THEM.

Quote:
This is true. Harem girls are of many type. But I don't see too many that are just looking for a 'one-night-stand'. They want the REAL thing, relationship, marriage, most likely babies too. And the lead just isn't ready for that kind of commitment....yet.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:29   Link #72
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Ugh. That is disgusting. PUT CHASITY BELTS ON ALL OF THEM.
...what the hell did you expect?
Spoiler for I Just Had Sex:

To be honest, I would love to see more harems with males like that. Just to see the inevitable comedy that comes out of it.

Anyways, this probably will be a pretty unpopular opinion here...but if the male and female both know what's going on, KNOWS how to control it and don't really care...then just let them go for it. Respectful? No, but when you know you will probably commit yourself to a serious relationship anyways...and when both are trying to have sex with as many people as possible...fuck it, let them. Ah fucking hell, why am I even saying this

Old 2012-03-02, 18:11   Link #73
ZODDGUTS

Just because the main character isn't a pussy (pun intended) when it comes to girls hitting on him doesn't mean he can be a douche like Makoto from School Days. The character can be willing with the girl he likes and not with every girl that is willing to spread their legs, that's what made Makoto a huge douche because he was already with someone else. Nagi the main character from Umi no Misaki who's in a harem, has been respectful of their feelings, so he hasn't come out looking like a jerk so far. It really depends as to how the guy is written as.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 18:14   Link #74
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are few anime that go beyond the final choice part of the harem setting. Most don't resolve it just because shipping is like that. A few take us a little forward to see the results of the final choice.

But there was one that spend a good part of the story post choice. Clannad.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:16   Link #75
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I wish there is a likeable harem hero who thinks sex is no big deal but at same time doesn't seems to addicted to it, I mean he's not a complete horndog either.

If you wondering, I'm not talking about School Days. Yosuga no Sora maybe the closest thing ever come to that description but unfortunately it only become a laughing stock for anime communities, in bad way.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 18:19   Link #76
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I wish there is a likeable harem hero who thinks sex is no big deal but at same time doesn't seems to addicted to it, I mean he's not a complete horndog either.

If you wondering, I'm not talking about School Days. Yosuga no Sora maybe the closest thing ever come to that description but unfortunately it only become a laughing stock for anime communities, in bad way.
Yosuga No Sora is about as much of a laughing stock as Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai; popular and well known, but not really respected much. Of course, YNS's blu-ray sales were pretty good from what I heard...

Old 2012-03-02, 18:23   Link #77
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Yeah...but I'm told Mormonism isn't too common in anime.
Old 2012-03-03, 01:17   Link #78
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That wasn't my impression of Scott Pilgrim. My impression was that he was in love with her. Don't confuse a casual, deadpan delivery with a casual, deadpan heart.

Scott loved Ramona as much as Kyon loves Haruhi.

Also, you think Scott would fight the 7 ex-boyfriends (including Vegan Superman) for just any girl?
Spoiler for Spoilers:

And I view sex as something that is simply another human need. After all according to Maslow's Heirarchy, sex is a basic want that can be achieved through masturbation or just casual sex. The male lead and the girls can be fufilling

Failing that, making out under the bleachers/rooftop/convinience store backalley works damn well as a substitute for actual sex.
Old 2012-03-03, 09:25   Link #79
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Of course, Haruka from YnS have become the laughing stock of anime male leads, he DID his sister. And it was brought up and done in such a way that any sane man would just look at him with scorn.
Old 2012-03-03, 15:07   Link #80
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Of course, Haruka from YnS have become the laughing stock of anime male leads, he DID his sister. And it was brought up and done in such a way that any sane man would just look at him with scorn.
Because it's not like most anime leads aren't laughing stocks already...people like Issei from Highschool DxD and Saito from Zero No Tsukaima (hell, even Yuji from Shakugan No Shana....even though it's not a harem) are way more moronic and laughable IMO (tho that was probably the point...)