AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 13:18   Link #301
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Definitely looks to be a fun ride. Title initially made me think something a bit different was about XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 15:56   Link #302
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I demand moar pics of

<---

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:48   Link #303
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Right, after reading the first 4-5-6-7 chapters of this. The anime clearly doesn't disappoint and I'm already wanting more. Especially more of Azuki please.
Old 2013-04-16, 21:48   Link #304
Anime Online

In anime standards, hentai ouji doesn't quite live up to his name.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 00:33   Link #305
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I'm curious what you were expecting then.
Old 2013-04-17, 01:50   Link #306
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I assume you mean that this "hentai" contains no "hentai"? That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word, and made it mean "adult/sex anime". The way they use the word in the anime is the more usual usage: pervert/perverted or maybe "sicko"/"creeper". He's the "Prince of Pervs" because of things like his fetish outbursts about Azusa's flat chest and the Track Captain's "spats", and also for having and carrying around a mostly-naked dakimakura in public (among other things...). So yeah, he is living up to his name for sure in that sense.

But yeah, people who were expecting that kind of "hentai"... less so.
Old 2013-04-17, 04:21   Link #307
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word,
"Anime" itself - IMO - is bastardized too. Among many other words. Therefore, English is very good at bastardizing Japanese terms.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:28   Link #308
Enternal

Hahaha and then when you tried to explain that ecchi (H) is what they really want to say, some would say "well ecchi (H) is probably the abbreviation for hentai".

So... he definitely lives up to his name.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 04:42   Link #309
Assort Dis

Tsukiko's voice is way too cute. I think the seiyuu did a great job with her role here.
Old 2013-04-17, 05:20   Link #310
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I assume you mean that this "hentai" contains no "hentai"? That's basically because the English anime community bastardized the meaning of the word, and made it mean "adult/sex anime". The way they use the word in the anime is the more usual usage: pervert/perverted or maybe "sicko"/"creeper". He's the "Prince of Pervs" because of things like his fetish outbursts about Azusa's flat chest and the Track Captain's "spats", and also for having and carrying around a mostly-naked dakimakura in public (among other things...). So yeah, he is living up to his name for sure in that sense.

But yeah, people who were expecting that kind of "hentai"... less so.

His fetish outbursts seem fairly normal to me. Isn't that what adolescent males think about? Chest size and tight clothing? I'm fairly neutral on his possession of the dakimakura. Mere possession would not, in my opinion, qualify him as a hentai, but rather it is more pertinent what he does with it. I was rather surprised this is all it takes for him to obtain the title of hentai ouji.

It's like granting someone who wins a bet the title of king of gamblers.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:03   Link #311
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
His fetish outbursts seem fairly normal to me. Isn't that what adolescent males think about? Chest size and tight clothing? I'm fairly neutral on his possession of the dakimakura. Mere possession would not, in my opinion, qualify him as a hentai, but rather it is more pertinent what he does with it. I was rather surprised this is all it takes for him to obtain the title of hentai ouji.
Feel free to do that so-called “fairly normal fetish outburst” in front of so many Japanese middle/highschool students like the MC when you yourself is also a student . I bet they will also slap you with some kind of a “legendary pervert” nickname afterward . And there’s a difference between what adolescent males think and say out loud in front of everyone. Also, the MC is pretty much hentai himself for spending a lot of time as a peeping-tom. Plus, the episode itself shown us that he’s the only one who went that far just to peep, right? So, your argument that he’s normal among others is kinda moot imo.
Old 2013-04-17, 10:50   Link #312
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

It's like granting someone who wins a bet the title of king of gamblers.
Are saying such things and carrying such things in public what a "normal" person would do?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:38   Link #313
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Are saying such things and carrying such things in public what a "normal" person would do?
Is it not hypocrisy to accuse him of being a hentai ouji when such thoughts are entirely common and normal? Its no better than a group of shoplifters condemning a fellow shoplifter who got caught.

His only "crime", as it is, is speaking what is hidden in the mind. If he is a hentai ouji, then just about everyone else is guilty of the same "crime". And if you are already as guilty as he, why add to your shame by turning to hypocrisy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Feel free to do that so-called “fairly normal fetish outburst” in front of so many Japanese middle/highschool students like the MC when you yourself is also a student . I bet they will also slap you with some kind of a “legendary pervert” nickname afterward . And there’s a difference between what adolescent males think and say out loud in front of everyone. Also, the MC is pretty much hentai himself for spending a lot of time as a peeping-tom. Plus, the episode itself shown us that he’s the only one who went that far just to peep, right? So, your argument that he’s normal among others is kinda moot imo.

He's looking at girls in swimsuits at a pool. Sure, he's secretive about it, but how can that be considered being a peeping tom? In fact, being a peeping tom is defined as spying on other people's private, intimate behavior. Being at a pool does not fall under such criteria.

Last edited by Anime Online; 2013-04-17 at 11:48.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:47   Link #314
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

The only thing not "normal" is how he (due to the spell) simply speaks the thoughts out loud without trying to hide it, and that's only due to the spell. Seeing a guy say such things out loud right to the females' face will obviously not be seen as normal. When it comes to having the thoughts in general, however, that IS perfectly normal. I mean, how many straight boys/men DON'T think about such things at least once in a while, especially if it's right in front of them? As for carrying the doll in public. We can't forget that he did so in the middle of the night, assuming that no one would see him with it, and obviously, he didn't want people to see him with it.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 11:54   Link #315
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Well, it IS after his outburst that he was named "hentai ouji". Such namings wouldn't make sense on someone who isn't as "open" about such subjects as he was.
Old 2013-04-17, 11:57   Link #316
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Is it not hypocrisy to accuse him of being a hentai ouji when such thoughts are entirely common and normal? Its no better than a group of shoplifters condemning a fellow shoplifter who got caught.

His only "crime", as it is, is speaking what is hidden in the mind. If he is a hentai ouji, then just about everyone else is guilty of the same "crime". And if you are already as guilty as he, why add to your shame by turning to hypocrisy?
Saying such things in public is the part of being a pervert. All you're doing is trying to force your apologist way of looking at the situation.
Old 2013-04-17, 12:08   Link #317
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Saying such things in public is the part of being a pervert. All you're doing is trying to force your apologist way of looking at the situation.
All I see is that it does not fall under societal norms to proclaim his preference of what turns him on. People don't normally do that, there's no argument there. My point is that his preference is so normal that I can't see how he qualifies as being a pervert.
Old 2013-04-17, 12:12   Link #318
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Tsukiko's voice is way too cute. I think the seiyuu did a great job with her role here.
I agree. Her seiyuu is OGURA Yui 小倉唯, who is half of the singing duo YuiKaori ゆいかおり. She has been an idol since her early teens and is still just 17. Her dancing was digitized as the basis for Hatsune Miku's Project Diva. Her range as a seiyuu isn't wide, but she does what she does very effectively.
Images
Ogura Yui pic, 2 YuiKaori interview videos
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 12:50   Link #319
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
All I see is that it does not fall under societal norms to proclaim his preference of what turns him on. People don't normally do that, there's no argument there. My point is that his preference is so normal that I can't see how he qualifies as being a pervert.
His acting out of societal norms is why he's labelled a pervert.
Old 2013-04-17, 15:05   Link #320
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
He's looking at girls in swimsuits at a pool. Sure, he's secretive about it, but how can that be considered being a peeping tom? In fact, being a peeping tom is defined as spying on other people's private, intimate behavior. Being at a pool does not fall under such criteria.
Do understand that I was using the term “peeping tom” very loosely. The fact remains that he deliberately watching something he shouldn’t. That’s why he got nervous that he got found out doing it in the first place (so even the MC himself realized that he was at fault for it). Even if you scratch my point about peeping tom, my first three lines in my previous post already enough to counter your argument.

Quote:
You may see what he does as normal, but the Japanese see Yokodera’s outburst as being openly pervert and that’s all that matters. You can’t force what you perceived as “normal” to the Japanese society and blaming this anime for being “not hentai enough” (according to you). Yokodera was “labelled” like that exactly because he states his lewd thoughts out loud in public. Yes, we all know that almost all boys have lewd thoughts, but once again, Yokodera was “labelled” exactly because he’s doing what others don’t and speak his perverted mind out-loud.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere