Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-10, 01:21   Link #281
Ichimaru

WHO here thinks louis is going to get a arm rifle? hahahaha
Old 2008-02-10, 01:47   Link #282
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
Theres a very high chance that the Thrones will come back with proper GN equipment once the originals get taken down. Why? Remember when Nena was in the Veda terminal, after that, Tieria found out that the terminal had been furbared, in which he couldnt access Veda's level 7 security zone, probably the GN Arms plan. Nena probably extracted the data from the original CB.
Unless they "take" the GN drive from the 4 Gundams (and maybe the last one from the other team), I seriously doubt they have enough time to make more than maybe 1 GN drive because even Billy's professor speculate that it takes a long time to create a single engine - that's why there were only 5 current in operation.

Quote:
Now the new throne's equipment doesn't really seem to be "better". The MS are equipped in a way that makes them rather inferior. The Thrones MS are more concentrated on offensive power, rather than defensive.
I think they basically just uses tons of power, completely without regard to its drainage - from the first Ali vs Setsuna fight, it seems that Gundam is capable of pushing extra power to its weapon for more attack power (Setsuna managed to cut off Ali's saber after he went "power up"), but don't do it because they want to be able to sustain itself forever, or they don't want the other side to know. Since they are basically the same equipment, based on their comment, I am sure the 4 current Gundams can probably use those "high power" equipment if they really want to, unless the current generation of GN drive has a "max" output that cannot be exceeded while the throne's GN Drive might not have it.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 01:56   Link #283
Wesley84

^ the O# Gundams can change the GN distribution throughout the suits systems. Things like weapons, ECM, propulsion, armor, all can be boosted for greater performance, presumably at the expense of the others. There's an upper limit to how much output they have, but there's no indication that they can't generate power indefiniently.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 01:56   Link #284
Aquifina

Wow... an impressive episode. I do have worries about how they will deal plot-wise with the obvious instability of the Throne pilots. Presumably whoever has given them the suits knows what sorts of people they are, and their "issues" further their cause. Otherwise, their brutality may run the risk of being unrealistically gratuitous.

The wedding scene was a shock, and the hospital scene was well done.

But Graham was the real star--he and Ali look like the best pure pilots in the series, and Graham doesn't have Ali's aura of evilness. Graham's righteous anger, skill, and passion make him for me by far the most likable character.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:02   Link #285
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06294086 View Post
Excellent episode ! Graham is cool !!!

Too bad that his MS's gravity control equipment didn't seem to work properly...
Custom Flag's anti-G system is only rated up to 12Gs (147 m/s^2).
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:05   Link #286
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
^ the O# Gundams can change the GN distribution throughout the suits systems. Things like weapons, ECM, propulsion, armor, all can be boosted for greater performance, presumably at the expense of the others. There's an upper limit to how much output they have, but there's no indication that they can't generate power indefiniently.
I am guessing this is true as well, hence I respond to the comment saying the original 4 Gundams are "inferior" - when the Gundams are almost captured, it is more likely due to the pilot's stamina then the suit's problem. Yes, the Gundam Thrones seems to have tons of powerful weapon, but its defense seems to be semi pitiful - the only non-offensive weapons they have that's better than the original 4 Gundams is that huge "jamming" field they can put out.

What I am saying is that unless the GN drive has a max output that prevent the original Gundams from using it, I think the original Gundams can use weapons that's as powerful, if not more so, then the Thrones.
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:27   Link #287
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf91 View Post
I am guessing this is true as well, hence I respond to the comment saying the original 4 Gundams are "inferior" - when the Gundams are almost captured, it is more likely due to the pilot's stamina then the suit's problem. Yes, the Gundam Thrones seems to have tons of powerful weapon, but its defense seems to be semi pitiful - the only non-offensive weapons they have that's better than the original 4 Gundams is that huge "jamming" field they can put out.

What I am saying is that unless the GN drive has a max output that prevent the original Gundams from using it, I think the original Gundams can use weapons that's as powerful, if not more so, then the Thrones.
Basically it's storage vs. generation.

We know Virtue stores GN particles and has to charge back up after a rather massive display of it's power, but it also has the distinction of using the most energy intensive weapons and systems period.

Assuming all the other O#es use the raw output of their Furnaces without utilizing storage, then there's an upper limit to what they can generate, albiet indefienently.

If the Thrones are designed with storage in mind, then their systems and weapons could be as energy intensive as they can make them, with the only upper limits being their ability to harness and utilize GN particles and the capacity of their batteries.

So yes, the Thrones can be more powerful utilizing a storage system, so long as we assume the O#es don't also utilize storage.

That's probably where the GN Arms come in. They're storage batteries for GN particles, allowing P# Gundams to exceed their outputs.
Old 2008-02-10, 03:30   Link #288
davidw89

when does the subbed version come out?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 04:09   Link #289
Wesley84

If the world is sane, the voices of those outraged by the attack will hopefully drown out the conspiracy theorists.
Old 2008-02-10, 07:01   Link #290
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Vague preview is vague. I don't understand why Setsuna is so angry. I mean, he had the gual to tell Lousie she had no reason to cry since her mother wasn't dead, when he was the one that killed his mother. He's so bizarre and nonsenscial.
What? What doesn't make sense about that? As someone who has lost his own mother, whether through his own actions or not, he does have a right to tell someone who's mother isn't dead that she has no reason to cry. I don't get what's bizarre or nonsensical about that. It's not like he killed his parents out of malicious will or anything. He was most likely brainwashed by Ali with those fancy speechs of "God" that he was giving in the flashbacks.
Old 2008-02-10, 07:06   Link #291
usr9857

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Custom Flag's anti-G system is only rated up to 12Gs (147 m/s^2).
Super soldiers in Custom Flags, lets see how long a Gundam can last.
usr9857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:30   Link #292
mistyken

Quote:
Anyway, Louises/Saji's situation. Yes, it is indeed similar to the GSD version where Shinn's family gets killed, however there are several differences. First off, Shinn when we saw him was in EP1. We had no emotional feelings for him except "wtf + angsty teen"= However, with Louise, we've seen her in many eps, carefree, and happy. Suddenly BANG. There goes her relatives and her arm, the fact that she is still alive also somewhat makes it more dramatic. I think this is the first ep where I seriously feel sorry for Louise and Saji (another why EP18 is the best).
arrrg, i would like to point out that Louise didnt just lose her arm....she actually lost her legs too. If you look carefully at the scene where she sit up and talk to Saji, there are actually a few shot showing her amputated limps.

on the other hand, i think it would be too far of a stretch to make Saji a gundam pilot......he is just a student FFS! He's not some kind of cooked up genetic project super human who can easily out live a direct self-destruct and a nuclear blast. He's only human~~~~

Great eps i have to say. I can feel the total powerless of what Saji is feeling. They brought that out really good.
mistyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:34   Link #293
mistyken

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
On a side-note, Johan's Gundam is currently missing a hand. That'll help Setsuna slightly - he doesn't know it, but he owes Graham (again).
sometime i wonder, what will happen if you put Granham on a gundam......man that would pwn so much. I wonder why CB cant find someone who can really pwn shxt like Granham, instead of sticking with unstable pilots like the Trinity.
mistyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 08:44   Link #294
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyken View Post
sometime i wonder, what will happen if you put Granham on a gundam......man that would pwn so much. I wonder why CB cant find someone who can really pwn shxt like Granham, instead of sticking with unstable pilots like the Trinity.
Because they are insane.
Furthermore, why are you sure they are actually from CB?
Old 2008-02-10, 09:04   Link #295
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
powerful that ep was nothing but powerful

man I just can't stand to see limbs being lost one of the few things that turns my stomach even in anime

they should remove the "painful" rating cause this ep sure as hell was painful to watch
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 09:10   Link #296
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyken View Post
arrrg, i would like to point out that Louise didnt just lose her arm....she actually lost her legs too. If you look carefully at the scene where she sit up and talk to Saji, there are actually a few shot showing her amputated limps.
She didn't loose her legs. She's just sat on them. It's hard to sit upright without leaning on something with your legs stretched out.
Old 2008-02-10, 10:13   Link #297
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
There's lots of Trinity hate on this board right now. I am glad they appear in 00 though (even if I don't like them). it's because of them that suddenly the original 4 gundam pilots seem like really nice people to me.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 10:15   Link #298
WhiteWings

Everything is relative. Just like some real life dictators look like saints compared to others. In any case I did not expect many of the things that happened in this episode. I wonder if there is something more to Louise or her family than just for show.
Old 2008-02-10, 10:44   Link #299
aikming

gee... just watch EP 18, first time I find Louise not irritating....

Exia vs thrones... EP19 must be exciting, I hope.
Old 2008-02-10, 10:47   Link #300
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'd never thought I would be this impressed by a Gundam series, I'm even rooting for the emoish young main boy oO. I really hope Setsuna kicks their arses. I'm wondering who controls the Trinity? We haven't really been shown anything about them, but the cockpit of their ship didn't have anyone else there. I like the original CB's set-up more, they have a lots of safety factors to watch out for each others mistakes, whilst with the Trinity it seems to be just complete the mission with no worries about collateral damage.

Poor Louise, and I really hope Saji doesn't go all Rambo and run off for revenge (dunno how he will do it if he did), I hope he pulls up his trousers and is there for Louise and helps her pull through this horrific situation she is in. I was watching the ring scene thinking "NOooooooooooo", then thinking "tell her it doesn't matter and put it on the other finger!!", then I thought to myself, hmmm would that be highlighting her injury if he did that oO

Just general thoughts about the show...

I'm so impressed that they can create a super killing machines that aren't easily stolen. Please keep this up future gundam shows