Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 10:43   Link #10401
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
So suddenly Medaka is an expert on Shiranui.....yeah....MC Powers strike again
MC powers? Considering how long have they been interacting with each other even though they weren't really friends, this resolution is quite logic.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:09   Link #10402
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I am disappointed that Zenkichi didn't have a bigger role in solving Shiranui's riddle...I kn ow Medaka is the MC but Zen and Shiranui were supposed to have a super strong bond and all that...I hope he doesn't fade into the background this arc and let Medaka handle everything. I like Medaka and all but Shiranui has always been seen as Zen's best friend since the start of the series (plus she still has a thing for him).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:21   Link #10403
Homura7

Will you please stop whining when the arc has barely just started? Geez, Animesuki you never change...
Old 2012-09-08, 11:32   Link #10404
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Is it me or Medaka actually more of a monster now that she is not president anymore. Now that she can understand other humans without fighting them, I am even more frightened than I am right now. She seems to be able to undestand people better than they understand themselves but I guess she is just really straightforward especially when you consider how she handled the puzzles, Kumagawa and the last 'arc' of the manga.

Quote:
I am disappointed that Zenkichi didn't have a bigger role in solving Shiranui's riddle...I kn ow Medaka is the MC but Zen and Shiranui were supposed to have a super strong bond and all that...I hope he doesn't fade into the background this arc and let Medaka handle everything. I like Medaka and all but Shiranui has always been seen as Zen's best friend since the start of the series (plus she still has a thing for him).
That is up to Nishio, it would make thematic sense to have Zenikichi face Shiranui as they were good friends but it is Nishio's manga so it is up to him.

Quote:
Well, when she's fighting her ninja clone there's one named [scat incident] without any explanation, they just leave it there to your imagination

What i like is that this isn't dragged off, usually shonen mangas would do at least 20 chapters about how to reach shiranui and it would make the arc really annoying, actually i didn't expect them to reach shiranui that fast .

Also, that dress is cute.
I'll give Nishio this, it isn't dragged out like most shonen and there is almost twenty chapters worth flashbacks either.

Quote:
and nice action panels, love the concept that you cannot beat yourself instead make someone beat yourself lol... i guess the saying is true that their is always someone better than you
Dragon Ball took this concept to a ridiculous level, just you have quantum powers or the ability to destory the universe doesn't mean you cannot get better. Unfortnately, it got ridiculous after awhile with all sorts of monsters appearing out of nowhere and the characters started to become to powerful. When you already faced the strongest beings in the universe, it is really tough to come with a credible threat that will challenge the characters.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:39   Link #10405
DawnEmperor

Medaka and Shiranui have had a fair amount of interactions in the series, guys. I'd go as far as saying that the Medaka Shiranui relationship is more important than the Zenkichi-Shiranui relationship in the genre shift. Remember that whole "values enemies more than friends" things?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:51   Link #10406
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Medaka and Shiranui have had a fair amount of interactions in the series, guys. I'd go as far as saying that the Medaka Shiranui relationship is more important than the Zenkichi-Shiranui relationship in the genre shift. Remember that whole "values enemies more than friends" things?
Maybe but still Zenikichi is just as much as Shiranui's friend as Medaka. Medaka deosn't really have any sort of friends but she does have some friendly rivals who more or less want to defeat her. Sadly, I would chop it up as Zenikichi's Devil Style nullifies that 'fight your friend' plotline.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:53   Link #10407
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Will you please stop whining when the arc has barely just started? Geez, Animesuki you never change...
What's the problem with "whining" if people believe there to be solid complaints with the turns the manga is taking(which they do - including me)?

This is a forum made for that. Internet forums are made for you to put out your reactions to the current, the present. Not to chaste yourself and be all like: "Oh, well, It might change,
so I better not say anything about it!"

I'm really, really sorry for being so blunt and crass, but the only one who should stop whining here is you.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 12:05   Link #10408
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
When you already faced the strongest beings in the universe, it is really tough to come with a credible threat that will challenge the characters.
And this is sort of the big problem with Medaka Box right now.
Quote:
I, for one, enjoyed this chapter. It just continues to annoy me and a lot of other people that we always focus on the characters who, by definition, cannot be challenged, instead of the characters who can.

Also, when are the results of that popularity poll supposed to come out?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 12:10   Link #10409
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
we always focus on the characters who, by definition, cannot be challenged, instead of the characters who can.
Hm, what do you mean by this?

Because, honestly, I could just apply this to current Medaka Box, just as your previous statement. Since, let's be honest here, I don't think Nishio can imagine a scene with this Medaka failing at something. Not confronting your statement or anything, but I'm kinda stealing it for now.

Though I hope he surprises me with the upcoming chapters.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:26   Link #10410
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Hm, what do you mean by this?
That Medaka Box is better when it focuses on characters who can actually fail at things? We haven't done that in a long while now.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:29   Link #10411
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That Medaka Box is better when it focuses on characters who can actually fail at things? We haven't done that in a long while now.
Ah, basically what I was thinking you said(and what I said).

Yes, that's pretty agreeable.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:37   Link #10412
Homura7

*scratch, scratch*

Now then, what's next. Should be good we finally get to see what Hanten is capable of.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:28   Link #10413
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I stated that I was disappointed about something that happened THIS chapter...and then my hopes for the rest of the arc...

Please, elaborate where you see me whining about anything, especially about the whole arc...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:42   Link #10414
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*chuckles* I guess I'll add in a lil 1 cent observation on how Medaka 'knows' Shiranui so well. She doesn't 'know' Shiranui like Zenkichi does persay, but she does understand Shiranui's way of life enough to come up with how she would act in a given situation. In that situation, Zenkichi did the 'Normal' thing and focused on the time limit and the 'improbability' of the situation. Medaka, on the other hand, solved it because she operates differently than Zen does.

This wasn't so much a case of 'Who knew Shiranui the best?' but rather just a matter of focusing on the task at hand. Well, that's how I see it. I'm not trying to downplay either one - Shiranui is a tough lil cookie to crack. It's amazing that Zen of all people still remember her without any help from the other superpowers that we've seen.

And besides, even though we haven't seen it, Medaka has obviously seen the interaction between Zen and Shiranui pretty much everyday. You can see how one acts around people from watching them with others, right?
Old 2012-09-08, 14:53   Link #10415
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It's amazing that Zen of all people still remember her without any help from the other superpowers that we've seen.
Well, the new All Fiction supposedly can't erase something if the person holds strong feelings about it, which I think was the case with Zenkichi (she's his best friend, aside from Medaka, who's his love interest anyway) and Medaka (strong rivalry). Kumagawa obviously didn't use the technique on himself, and Ajimu is Ajimu.
Therefore it's only natural that Zenkichi would remember her, as we've seen in the jet black bride arc.

...and who else here actually takes the time to read all of Ajimu's skills? Some are truly hilarious
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:39   Link #10416
Wolfenstein

Tempest you just hit the nail in the head of my main grievance with this chapter.

I never thought Medaka knew more about Shiranui than Zenkichi. That's absolutely preposterous, I can count on one hand the times Medaka and Shiranui exchanged dialogue.

No. The problem is Medaka now just lost her own "flaw", in the Mangaka's eyes.

You know, she was an insuferrably terrible character in her saviour persona(admittedly a little more tolerable after), but know her only weakness(not understanding people) is just gone. And she's back to being as boring as she ever was(not that it got much better), because now, she can't fail. At all.

Point-in-case, being able to deduce Shiranui's MO without know shit about her.

If the manga's focusing on Medaka now(and it is), I predict some of the most brief and boring conflicts ever.

How I miss the promising end of the True Flask Plan Arc. Too bad it was a load of crap.
Old 2012-09-08, 16:00   Link #10417
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Ajimu: What you're protecting... you're protecting the Kurokami house. You've always worked in the shadows of the Kurokami house.

Girl(What's her name again?):That's not true. What we're really protecting is the world
This leads me to believe that the purpose of the Shiranui family isn't to protect the Kurokami but to protect the world from the Kurokami. Think about how dangerous they are, and imagine that power running lose around the world. The duty of the Shiranui family could be to keep the Kurokami people that they are doubling (not sure if that works as a verb but whatever) from getting too out of touch with the world and thus becoming a threat to normal people. Remember that line about the "limitless darkness of the Kurokami house"? What is that's referring to what happens if they go out of control when left to their own devices? Maybe that's why Hansode had to leave, because Medaka was now in touch with the world again and thus not a danger anymore.

Well it's just a theory but it's the one I'm going with for now
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 16:10   Link #10418
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
This leads me to believe that the purpose of the Shiranui family isn't to protect the Kurokami but to protect the world from the Kurokami. Think about how dangerous they are, and imagine that power running lose around the world. The duty of the Shiranui family could be to keep the Kurokami people that they are doubling (not sure if that works as a verb but whatever) from getting too out of touch with the world and thus becoming a threat to normal people. Remember that line about the "limitless darkness of the Kurokami house"? What is that's referring to what happens if they go out of control when left to their own devices? Maybe that's why Hansode had to leave, because Medaka was now in touch with the world again and thus not a danger anymore.

Well it's just a theory but it's the one I'm going with for now
Interesting theory. So in a few word you mean they are like Ying and Yang ?(or something along this line).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 17:18   Link #10419
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
How I miss the promising end of the True Flask Plan Arc. Too bad it was a load of crap.
Yeah, that's been my problem with the manga ever since that chapter. The way 140 ended doesn't really seem to jive with what's happened since.
Well, we're only three chapters into this arc, and have progressed far faster than I think most people would have anticipated, so really who knows at this point.
Old 2012-09-08, 17:22   Link #10420
Guernsey
The GAP Man

[
Quote:
Tempest you just hit the nail in the head of my main grievance with this chapter.

I never thought Medaka knew more about Shiranui than Zenkichi. That's absolutely preposterous, I can count on one hand the times Medaka and Shiranui exchanged dialogue.

No. The problem is Medaka now just lost her own "flaw", in the Mangaka's eyes.

You know, she was an insuferrably terrible character in her saviour persona(admittedly a little more tolerable after), but know her only weakness(not understanding people) is just gone. And she's back to being as boring as she ever was(not that it got much better), because now, she can't fail. At all.

Point-in-case, being able to deduce Shiranui's MO without know shit about her.

If the manga's focusing on Medaka now(and it is), I predict some of the most brief and boring conflicts ever.

She may not necessarily be Ajimu but it is only a matter of time. Even Anshin'in san had to find another to beat Medaka without to actually fight her but she got trolled in the end by the real 'God' of Medakaverse by Nishio as well as Medaka's main character powers. Medaka is now an unbeatable demigod whose weakness is that she not powerful enough, Nishio may or may not be deconstructing the 'God Mode Sue' trope but he is playing so straight that borders on the line of ridiculous. Medaka out trolled God or the closest thing to God in this series.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council