AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 21:26   Link #581
Excorsism

Got my copy from PoopStop. I want to play this full force but alas, I must keep myself disciplined because of finals next week!

Lol@ the phrase on the back "Bonds of Friendship are eternal." I hope that doesn't scare some people away.
Old 2012-03-14, 22:45   Link #582
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Spent 22 hours playing the game...

Only to find out that I can't transfer the data from my home PS3 to my main PS3 at college because the save files won't be compatible or something. *Sigh* Looks like I'm going to have to start all over again. Oh well, at least the game is fun.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:53   Link #583
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Whats the difference between A-Artes and B-Artes?

Also, is it me, or does the titles change by themselves? I could have swore I equip one but after the fight I find a different title getting leveled up...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 19:59   Link #584
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Whats the difference between A-Artes and B-Artes?

Also, is it me, or does the titles change by themselves? I could have swore I equip one but after the fight I find a different title getting leveled up...
They're different for each character, though a fair rule of thumb is that A artes are weaker and more combo friendly, while B artes are your burst damage, specialty skills.

For example, Cheria throws knives for A-Artes while most of her magic is is B-Artes. Malik is the same way: he uses his dagger to in A, while his spells are B.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:04   Link #585
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They're different for each character, though a fair rule of thumb is that A artes are weaker and more combo friendly, while B artes are your burst damage, specialty skills.

For example, Cheria throws knives for A-Artes while most of her magic is is B-Artes. Malik is the same way: he uses his dagger to in A, while his spells are B.
Hmmm I see... Because there's now no 'Mana' or rather 'TP' so I was wondering what's the difference... Thanks for clearing that up Btw at this point I've only been mashing buttons in hopes of doing something badass, but assuming you have the points, can you combo A and B artes seamlessly, or is there a process like in Vesperia where certain artes can only be chained after certain artes?
Old 2012-03-17, 21:42   Link #586
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Hmmm I see... Because there's now no 'Mana' or rather 'TP' so I was wondering what's the difference... Thanks for clearing that up Btw at this point I've only been mashing buttons in hopes of doing something badass, but assuming you have the points, can you combo A and B artes seamlessly, or is there a process like in Vesperia where certain artes can only be chained after certain artes?
You're mostly free to use whatever you want until your CC runs out. You're free to mash the same arte over and over, but the CC system prevents you from doing infinites. However, you are still encouraged to combo, because your max CC increases and it's how you do your Blast Caliburs.
Each character has a min~max CC range. The bar rises as you combo, which will increase your max CC when you regenerate it the next time.

On a side note, for the spellcasters, comboing into your spells will reduce the casting time. However, that really isn't necessary unless you're soloing with Chera, Malik, or Pascal. Otherwise, you can let them sit back and cast like regular mages.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-03-17 at 21:55.
Old 2012-03-18, 11:11   Link #587
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
The title selection actually does change automatically when you completely finish learning all the abilities for it. This is so you don't waste points because you forgot to change the title manually.

Pretty much A Artes are physical attacks, and B Artes are your magic attacks/spells.
Old 2012-03-18, 12:58   Link #588
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Pretty much A Artes are physical attacks, and B Artes are your magic attacks/spells.
That's not entirely true for all characters. I wanted to avoid that because characters like Asbel are all physical.
Old 2012-03-18, 16:22   Link #589
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The title selection actually does change automatically when you completely finish learning all the abilities for it. This is so you don't waste points because you forgot to change the title manually.
Yes, I realized this a bit late The default setting has it change titles after hitting 3rd rank so that was the reason

Quote:
That's not entirely true for all characters. I wanted to avoid that because characters like Asbel are all physical.
There seem to be a crap-load of attributes this time What ever happened to keeping it simple with elements ?

P.S - "It's called a 'Rockgagong' right? I suppose it takes rocks and 'GAGONG!' people with it!"
Old 2012-03-18, 16:30   Link #590
Shadow5YA

Quote:
There seem to be a crap-load of attributes this time What ever happened to keeping it simple with elements ?
It's not exactly fair to most of the characters when only one or two of them have access to multiple elements.

The game encourages you to take advantage of super effective/Weak Hit damage as much as possible, so they needed attack attributes that are applicable to all characters.
Old 2012-03-18, 16:39   Link #591
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
You're mostly free to use whatever you want until your CC runs out. You're free to mash the same arte over and over,
Can you really? I've always only been able to chain 2 of the same B-Arte with Asbel. before I have to transition to another one.

Just spent a 16-hour run. The game is definitely fun, and I like the characters for what they are. The post-battle skits are awesome.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 16:50   Link #592
Zakoo

Man i played 30 hours straights during this week end.

That was "bueno", at first I was rooting for Sophie, but well no, Cheria is by far better, a bit tsundere and possessive girl, it's perfect, yes perfect.

Well I should finish it soon, I will do a new start for the accelerate mode and have more titles/side quest.

The story is good so far, as ever, when we learn the real identities of people, we are always is a "WTF" state, even if I guessed the thing with Richard since a moment.

I'm wondering whether I should import Xillia or not now, My japenese improved and as long as there aren't too difficult kanji I can understand... Meeh having to wait 2 years for the next tales of is kind of hard.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 18:32   Link #593
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Can you really? I've always only been able to chain 2 of the same B-Arte with Asbel. before I have to transition to another one.
Well, I see people alternate between the same two artes during Arles Rise all the time.
Old 2012-03-18, 18:44   Link #594
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

That was "bueno", at first I was rooting for Sophie, but well no, Cheria is by far better, a bit tsundere and possessive girl, it's perfect, yes perfect.
Sophie is cute, but Cheria is love

And of course, Pascal is lolz
Old 2012-03-18, 20:38   Link #595
GDB

Pascal is awesome. Not as good as Rita, but still fun. Plus her magic is pwn. I didn't like this battle system early on, when you don't have enough CC or characters to really fight without having to stop and sit there, but now that I'm past that I'm loving it. In Vesperia and Xillia, I always had my healers just stand there and maybe use the cheapest arte possible (like, the 6 MP ones) to conserve MP for necessary fights. But in this, everyone can just go all out all the time.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 03:41   Link #596
Zakoo

Quote:
Sophie is cute, but Cheria is love

And of course, Pascal is lolz
Yeah too bad i noticed it When shen she cried.

Otherwise rolf lmao pascal "hey what's an airhead? Someone so smart they can control air with their mind".

Lolololol, i died when i heard that
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 05:34   Link #597
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post

Otherwise rolf lmao pascal "hey what's an airhead? Someone so smart they can control air with their mind".

Lolololol, i died when i heard that

Heh, my favorite is still "Royal Crabcakes ?! Royal Crabcakes~~"
Old 2012-03-19, 06:40   Link #598
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Been playing with hard mode since the beginning of the game and got beaten pretty often in each fight Could someone give me a tips or two so I wont get beaten that much? In case it would help, I had managed to get until that fortress inflitration event and finally beat the boss in that dungeon

Also, what's the difference between mastered title and level 5 title in terms of its skills?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 08:16   Link #599
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I adore this game. I'm playing Cheria this time through, with Sophie as my second choice. It's clear that Pascal's fighting style is intriguing enough that she'll likely be my second playthrough person...

Quote:
You can set it to automatically pick a new title when it hits Level 3, 4, 5, or Master. It's really nice when doing Inn Requests and you're earning 1500+ SP a pop even mid-game.

Quote:
Mostly. Certainly: A Artes use Physical Attack and B Artes use Cryas Attack for their damage. Some character's B Artes are very different than their A, others are very similar (*cough*Asbel*cough*).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Also, what's the difference between mastered title and level 5 title in terms of its skills?
Skills? Nada. A MASTERED title increases the equip bonus of that title. (e.g., Phys Attack + 4% becomes + 6% for one of Asbel's early titles) But the equip bonus is the only thing that isn't permanent when you switch to another title.

Mastered titles aren't all that useful early-game, but you might want to master five titles with everyone... since that earns you a title.
Old 2012-03-19, 09:09   Link #600
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Only 5 titles per person? I guess I'll do that when I could find a place to grind SP later on.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg