Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 23:20   Link #61
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Must be nice having your wife doing the artwork for your story.

Prologue huh. This is a monthly chapter release, right?
I think so. Most of the light novels adaptation into manga that I know are monthly.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 02:42   Link #62
DevotionFX
紅月の瞋願

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I think so. Most of the light novels adaptation into manga that I know are monthly.
Yeah, since "Comic Alive" is the monthly magazine.
DevotionFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:41   Link #63
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I've got a question for people who have read the novel, how good is the mind game in this series? How does it compare to...let's see.... Liar Game?
Imo from vol 1 it didn't really reach the level of complexity of the games in Liar game or the way of thinking the characters have in Liar game, on the other hand the way he won the chess game in vol 1 was pretty funny for me XD
Old 2013-02-19, 11:22   Link #64
Plant42

Quote:
I've got a question for people who have read the novel, how good is the mind game in this series? How does it compare to...let's see.... Liar Game?
Well It has a totally different genre so I think it's hard to compare those two.
While Liar Game focus on lying and mind game, NGNL is mainly on how you use both a pure brain plus a godly skilled(in game and etc.) to overcome the opponents who is really superior for in both physically and magically plus they have a cheat in hand which they can use at will.

And if you asked me the two siblings won't have no problem in surpassing the Liar Game, while Akiyama won't have a chance to survive all the game in NGNL(he may be able to do some but not all of them especially the game in Vol.3)
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 05:34   Link #65
tm902541

Anyone read the Light novel could provide all the character names?
tm902541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 08:57   Link #66
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm... I've finished the first volume. While it's not what I expected from the synopsis. It's entertaining enough to keep me interested till the end. Bullshit factor a little too glaring though lol, especially about Sora. Shiro's bullying problem I can understand, but there's no way someone who can understand 6 language can be considered stupid in the real world(which what Sora's problem basically is).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 09:49   Link #67
Plant42

Quote:
Hmmm... I've finished the first volume. While it's not what I expected from the synopsis. It's entertaining enough to keep me interested till the end. Bullshit factor a little too glaring though lol, especially about Sora. Shiro's bullying problem I can understand, but there's no way someone who can understand 6 language can be considered stupid in the real world(which what Sora's problem basically is).

In vol.3 the author left a huge mystery about Sora's past which Clamie(vol.1's boss) has seen, it's the past that even Shiro didn't know(the past before he met Shiro).
Whatever she have seen is not normal, it's even made her to call the meet of those two as a destiny and even said "If those two didn't met...."

So there are much more about there past to follow in the future.

P.S. Vol.1-3 were counted as one consecutive arc so I suggested you to read the other two ASAP this is where they will truly show out there potential(the first volume is just like an orduvr) and yeah they will make you amazing.

Last edited by Plant42; 2013-02-20 at 10:02.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 19:57   Link #68
jonathanasdf

Send a message via MSN to jonathanasdf
I've got the chess game part of Vol1 up on B-T
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...lume1_Chapter3
jonathanasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 10:53   Link #69
Mars Mode

Jajaja I like how Sora badmouths his adversary, and his unique and unchangeable justice.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 17:24   Link #70
XFire
150% done

Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Sora essentially brainwashed that princess girl into falling in love with him, or does that get fixed later.
Old 2013-06-16, 18:00   Link #71
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that Sora essentially brainwashed that princess girl into falling in love with him, or does that get fixed later.
Well, if you put it like that of course, but she lost fair and square so she's got to pay the price. Besides, this isn't some fake magically induced love where the subject can still bear feelings of hate. This is the real stuff.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-16 at 18:34.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 21:40   Link #72
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Well, if you put it like that of course, but she lost fair and square so she's got to pay the price. Besides, this isn't some fake magically induced love where the subject can still bear feelings of hate. This is the real stuff.
That she was forced to feel. Wow, that is f***ing creepy. Like, H-doujin creepy.
Old 2013-06-16, 22:30   Link #73
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
That she was forced to feel. Wow, that is f***ing creepy. Like, H-doujin creepy.
The author's just writing it off like nothing so it's best to just go with the flow.
Old 2013-06-16, 22:37   Link #74
Mars Mode

Someone said that she still hates him, but loves him or something like that. Is that incorrect?
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 22:43   Link #75
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Someone said that she still hates him, but loves him or something like that. Is that incorrect?
Even if you're in love with someone, it's still possible to hate him/her.
Old 2013-06-17, 03:59   Link #76
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
That's still mind control you know and it's still creepy.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:37   Link #77
Indra040293
Novel & Audio Holic

Send a message via Yahoo to Indra040293
i know that fact make it a bit creepy .... but ..... for somereason that make me want to read it more XD

isn't it interesting with that kind of "character" as main protagonist XD and seeing the princess girl being somewhat forced to love him is just XD interesting XD
Indra040293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 20:53   Link #78
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indra040293 View Post
i know that fact make it a bit creepy .... but ..... for somereason that make me want to read it more XD

isn't it interesting with that kind of "character" as main protagonist XD and seeing the princess girl being somewhat forced to love him is just XD interesting XD
Chapter 4 scanlated!...Alright, I admit it's a bit creepy, but that doesn't make it any less great a series. Just what you'd expect from siblings joined at the hip. They can't live without each other.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:22   Link #79
offended

I think the mind control thing is really disturbing. Intruding on someone's free will is inherently violating but it can be used in interesting ways. However, moral complexity and depth of character aren't really this author's cup of tea. Instead he, or she, seems content to generate a moe kyun kyun fucktoy and leave it at that.

Even more oddly, the manga revels in the princess's bondage. It takes great pains to illustrate the extent to which not only her mentality but her sexuality has been enslaved. The female lead even acknowledges that this is a human rights violation, but it's apparently the victim's fault- 'cause she was too gullible.

Really the female lead is right, the princess was lucky to get out of that game with her life. How can we hold this against the main characters? They're practically gods overflowing with generosity and charity.

Last edited by offended; 2013-07-15 at 10:26. Reason: formatting
offended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:51   Link #80
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by offended View Post
I think the mind control thing is really disturbing. Intruding on someone's free will is inherently violating but it can be used in interesting ways. However, moral complexity and depth of character aren't really this author's cup of tea. Instead he, or she, seems content to generate a moe kyun kyun fucktoy and leave it at that.

Even more oddly, the manga revels in the princess's bondage. It takes great pains to illustrate the extent to which not only her mentality but her sexuality has been enslaved. The female lead even acknowledges that this is a human rights violation, but it's apparently the victim's fault- 'cause she was too gullible.

Really the female lead is right, the princess was lucky to get out of that game with her life. How can we hold this against the main characters? They're practically gods overflowing with generosity and charity.
Um, in their defense if the princess had won she would have enslaved the two of them instead.

Tags
harem, light novel, move to ln (mf bunko j), pure love story