AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-09-14, 17:04   Link #1
Applehell

Quote:
Basic info

Re:Zero Lost in Memories (Re:ゼロから始まる異世界生活 Lost in Memories) is a game that is produced by SEGA and it is the first official mobile game in the series. The game is a free-to-play game with microtransactions. The game released on September 9, 2020.

Story

The game features a story that is a retelling of the anime, however, it also divided into 3 chapters: "Main Story", "Ver. Main Story" and "IF Route". The game features branching paths that lead Subaru Natsuki to a different outcome of the story, turning into a "What IF" scenario. In addition, the game includes a new original story that was not included in the anime and the project will be supervised by the series's author Tappei Nagatsuki. It also features the original voice actors Kobayashi Yuusuke, Takahashi Rie, Minase Inori, Murakawa Rie, Uchiyama Yumi, and more, reprising their roles from the Re:Zero anime and animation will be animated by White Fox.

It begins when the main character, Natsuki Subaru, who suddenly lost his memories while he wanders around in the forest at night. The mysterious girl named Shion suddenly rescued Subaru from being attacked by someone. With the help of Shion, who calls herself an illusionist, Subaru takes action to regain his lost memories.

In order to regain Subaru's memories, the player will first challenge the “Recollection Town Quest”. In the remembrance town, he will relive the scene where Subaru's memories is reproduced with Shion, but there is also a scene where the characters he knows are attacked by the enemy's technique called "tampering".

Why is Shion acting together with Subaru? Who is the criminal who took away Subaru's memories in the first place? A big story flow is prepared just from this point, so the purpose is clear as a player. Let's enjoy the adventures of Subaru.

Gameplay

The game is a time-based action RPG. You can select up to a party of five. Each of them will have three attacks and each of them will have cooldown depending on which attacks you choose. During combat, the characters will appear in chibi forms, but each character will have their own 2D illustrations that can be viewed on their stats page. Additionally, the characters will not only have levels, but also skill trees called "Memory Board". Players can further strengthen characters gaining permanent stats boosts and enhance skills.

You can interact with characters in the story. The game uses Live2D engine during interaction. The game also features branching paths that deviate the story. The options you choose leads the player to a different outcome of the story, turning it into a "What IF" scenario. The game will show the different bonds with Subaru and the other characters had he made different choices or met under certain circumstances. Players set out in the world of “Remembrance Village” in the Subaru's memories, and proceed with “Re-experience (Story)” and “Exploration of Remembrance (Quest)” to solve the mystery of Subaru’s lost memories.
Source
https://rezero.fandom.com/wiki/Re:Zero_Lost_in_Memories

Trailer 1
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Trailer 2
YouTube

Opening
YouTube

Website
https://re-zero-rezelos.jp/

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2020-09-16 at 01:45.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-16, 16:37   Link #2
Frontier

I want to see the context of that scene of Felt being surrounded by guards...it looks like she's being arrested but we know that shouldn't be what's actually happening .

Poor Subaru and Otto .
Old 2020-09-17, 16:21   Link #3
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I want to see the context of that scene of Felt being surrounded by guards...it looks like she's being arrested but we know that shouldn't be what's actually happening .

Poor Subaru and Otto .
Yeah, its one of what if scenarios in the game which is main draw of it. At least for first arc, a lot of them seem to center around how Subaru encounters Elsa from the glimpses of story I've seen.
Old 2020-09-23, 16:05   Link #4
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Poor Subaru and Otto .
I've been playing the game since launch and what I can say is that the game uses a flowchart style to show how the story branches out.

You can unlock alternate routes by meeting certain requirements, for example in Arc 1, you need to meet the characters involved with said route and obtain a key at the end of the chapter. So you unlock Ram's route by running into Ram at the Capital, the same for Wilhelm and Felis, Julius, Ricardo and Mimi.

There are also IF routes along the way, but those have special conditions to unlock, which I don't know what one needs to do...but might be linked with increasing Friendship by using that character in battles.

One thing I do know is that for the Felt IF route, when Elsa asks Subaru what he intends to do with the insignia, the options "Answer honestly" and "Make something up" appear. Naturally, the latter is locked

Spoiler for minor review:

I'm enjoying the game, doing it at slow pace...like, in Story mode I'm halfway through Arc 2 and have yet to explore the branching sub-routes
Old 2020-09-24, 23:17   Link #5
Applehell

Sounds really good and meaty game Flame Spark!
Old 2020-09-29, 14:00   Link #6
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Thanks.
I've recently finished Arc 2, and am now trying the avaliable IF routes.

Started Otto's IF route and I'll just say one thing...
Spoiler for Otto IF: