AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-10-12, 08:37   Link #81
LROlsson

Took almost 2 weeks, but I finally finished me first playthrough of the game yesterday. Took 80 hours for me.
It was a good start for an arc, but it dragged a little during the ends part. Mostly felt like it had to have big climax due to people hating cliffhanger endings.
The ending itself was good though.
I hope they continue to patch the game though, it sure has some technically problems. It's distracting to see the lightning change in real time when there are cuts, it feels like they should keep a black screen for a second longer or something.
Would also like them to either increase the FPS to 60 or higher resolution when playing on PS5.
I didn't mind the lack of minigames, but I do kind of hope they return in the next game.

Now the wait for the sequel, lets see how long it takes for it to come. Kuro was mostly just the introduction to the world and characters, and taking care of the game's antagonist while setting up the real story.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 10:25   Link #82
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Took almost 2 weeks, but I finally finished me first playthrough of the game yesterday. Took 80 hours for me.
It was a good start for an arc, but it dragged a little during the ends part. Mostly felt like it had to have big climax due to people hating cliffhanger endings.
The ending itself was good though.
I hope they continue to patch the game though, it sure has some technically problems. It's distracting to see the lightning change in real time when there are cuts, it feels like they should keep a black screen for a second longer or something.
Would also like them to either increase the FPS to 60 or higher resolution when playing on PS5.
I didn't mind the lack of minigames, but I do kind of hope they return in the next game.

Now the wait for the sequel, lets see how long it takes for it to come. Kuro was mostly just the introduction to the world and characters, and taking care of the game's antagonist while setting up the real story.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 22:42   Link #83
LROlsson

Falcom have released the update 1.10 which at least fixes two of the biggest criticism towards Kuro no Kiseki.
You can remove the frame cap so you can get up to 60 fps. Dunno about PS4, but it will be interesting to see how much the PS5 can stay up there.
There is also a skip function now for battles, but it's only for your party members S-craft and higher arts.
Some other things too, but this are the two major ones.
Old 2021-11-11, 00:22   Link #84
LROlsson

Next year will be a Kiseki year again. So once again, the sequel the year after.
Even though it's the 35th anniversary of Ys, Ys X didn't make it in time (it will be a budget release of Ys IX instead)

source
Old 2021-11-12, 20:51   Link #85
Wandering Soul

Looks like they might actually finish the Calvard arc before we even get the first part of it.
Old 2021-12-16, 03:14   Link #86
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Kuro no Kiseki II announced for August 2022 release. Meaning the absolute earliest NISA will be done with it is probably the start of 2025...

That said, Kondo has expressed his dismay in the long gaps between JP and NA releases and wants to work better with NISA to get it our earlier, so I hope these talks turn up well.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-16, 05:46   Link #87
LROlsson

Kondo still implied the delays are on NISA's side, so take it with NISA.

Logo for the game.

And the teaser screenshots

Sadly there is no new art. But thankfully there is a PS5 version. Hopefully it's in higher res and nearly no load times.
I wonder if there will be anything in next issue of Famitsu, or it will be a wait for the interview that is in the Kuro no Kiseki artbook that releases if February.

Spoilers

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-29, 13:47   Link #88
LROlsson

PS5 version announced for Kuro, comes out on the 28th of July.
Nothing really new content wise, just some QoL features such as High speed mode. And since it's a Ps5 version it runs at 4K60 instead of what resolution it had with unlocked frame rate.
If you own the PS4 version, you can upgrade the game at the cost of 110 yen (the way Japan usually is doing the "free" upgrades of old PS4 games).
Trailer for PS5 version, sadly it's only 1080p in 30fps so the performance improvements can't really be seen.
YouTube
And Box art for PS5 version

And what never got posted here, teaser trailer for Kuro 2
YouTube
and some soundless battle gameplay from Kuro 2 running on a PS5.
YouTube

Official site is have been opened for Kuro 2, currently introducing Van, Agnes and Elaine. Also have some screenshots in the gallery section.
https://falcom.co.jp/kuro2/
Old 2022-11-15, 16:55   Link #89
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Demos have dropped for Kuro no Kiseki II (One for battle and one for story)
https://www.siliconera.com/two-playa...-sin-released/