AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 21:44   Link #921
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, thanks for these! I've always wondered what some of the doujins were about, since I couldn't understand the whole thing in its original Japanese format. I'm glad you were able to find some of them!
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 01:38   Link #922
Eab1990

Wow, I almost forgot to post this here.

Happy birthday, Coco!

Yes, today's her 7th birthday by our timeline. She was born December 17, 2002. >_>
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 18:36   Link #923
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey guys, while I was looking around, I found this very interesting Ever17 fansite (the downside is that it's in Japanese, but meh.)

http://blueforest.fc2web.com/gamecom...r17/index.html

It's got a load of fanart as well as a large amount of Ever17 fanfics (all in Japanese, unfortunately, but some of them look interesting.) It's also got some info on the game, though not as much as kgptzac's site, plus it's all in Japanese. So either way, while we may not be able to understand all of it, it's still a pretty good site.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2009-12-18 at 21:01.
Old 2009-12-19, 21:12   Link #924
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
Wow, I almost forgot to post this here.

Happy birthday, Coco!

Yes, today's her 7th birthday by our timeline. She was born December 17, 2002. >_>
Which reminds me.
If there is an underwater theme park in 7 years, whos going there with me ? ;p

And yeah, happy birthday.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 22:04   Link #925
Eab1990

^ I'll go, of course, in the hope of meeting a cute pink-haired little girl. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Hey guys, while I was looking around, I found this very interesting Ever17 fansite (the downside is that it's in Japanese, but meh.)

http://blueforest.fc2web.com/gamecom...r17/index.html

It's got a load of fanart as well as a large amount of Ever17 fanfics (all in Japanese, unfortunately, but some of them look interesting.) It's also got some info on the game, though not as much as kgptzac's site, plus it's all in Japanese. So either way, while we may not be able to understand all of it, it's still a pretty good site.
Saved. Always good to add to my Ever17 collection of pics. Fanfics... will have to wait until I get a better grasp of the Japanese language.
Old 2009-12-20, 12:09   Link #926
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Which reminds me.
If there is an underwater theme park in 7 years, whos going there with me ? ;p

And yeah, happy birthday.
Lol, I'd definitely be in for that. Wouldn't it be funny if this topic still exists in May 2017 and we all came back for a week to celebrate the events of Ever17? I sure know I'd do that, at least.
Old 2009-12-20, 20:45   Link #927
4as
ForUs

Quote:
Lol, I'd definitely be in for that. Wouldn't it be funny if this topic still exists in May 2017 and we all came back for a week to celebrate the events of Ever17? I sure know I'd do that, at least.
I dont see any reason why it wouldnt exist, Animesuki has like 9 years now... another 7 wont be a problem IMO :S
And im definitely marking May 1 2017 on my calendar xD
Old 2009-12-21, 21:31   Link #928
Shadow Kira01

I wanted to get Tsugumi's ending but unfortunately.. My current route is "Three Rainbows to Sora" and I am pretty far into the visual novel which means that the only way to get Tsugumi's ending is to restart the visual novel from the prologue which I am reluctant to do so.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 22:54   Link #929
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I wanted to get Tsugumi's ending but unfortunately.. My current route is "Three Rainbows to Sora" and I am pretty far into the visual novel which means that the only way to get Tsugumi's ending is to restart the visual novel from the prologue which I am reluctant to do so.
The way I see it, you really have only two options:

1. Finish Sora's route first, then play the game again and try to go on Tsugumi's route.

2. Restart from the prologue. You know that if you hold Control down in scenes you've already read before, you can fast forward through them, right? If you're having trouble getting on to Tsugumi's route, there's a guide on GameFAQs that can help with that.
Old 2009-12-23, 09:18   Link #930
4as
ForUs

Quote:
You know that if you hold Control down in scenes you've already read before, you can fast forward through them, right?
Doesnt CTRL key skip EVERYTHING? I know I was using F3 (if I remember correctly) which stopped on choices and unread text.
Old 2009-12-23, 15:11   Link #931
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Oh, whoops, I realized that F3 is much faster. No, CTRL is just a slower version of F3, if I remember correctly.
Old 2009-12-23, 17:09   Link #932
Eab1990

Phew, finally found time to listen to After You've Gone entirely.

Spoiler:

Once again, thanks for the translations, GundamAce. Although I'm yet again starved for more Ever17 material... >_>
Old 2009-12-23, 21:52   Link #933
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eab1990 View Post
Phew, finally found time to listen to After You've Gone entirely.

Spoiler:

Once again, thanks for the translations, GundamAce. Although I'm yet again starved for more Ever17 material... >_>
Spoiler for :

As for what you can do to replenish your fuel for Ever17 material, you could try reading the Japanese fanfics like I am. While I don't know enough to read them, I know a site that allows you to read what most of the Kanji and other sentences say enough so that you basically understand the concept of the sentence you're reading. I've done that on several fanfics so far, and have found myself enjoying them. So that's one way you can satisfy your hunger if you're willing to try it.

Unfortunately, however, I think that that fansite is the only remaining place on the internet with fresh Ever17 material that I've seen, and I don't think there's any more beyond that It's hard, I guess, when this game really is more or less just a cult classic with a fandom that is not as big as the fandoms for other big Visual Novels like Tsukihime, Fate Stay Night, KEY's works, and Higurashi or Umineko (granted, those are all exceptional VNs in their own right.) Oh well, we might as well enjoy what's left, right?
Old 2009-12-23, 22:37   Link #934
Eab1990

Quote:
Spoiler for :

As for what you can do to replenish your fuel for Ever17 material, you could try reading the Japanese fanfics like I am. While I don't know enough to read them, I know a site that allows you to read what most of the Kanji and other sentences say enough so that you basically understand the concept of the sentence you're reading. I've done that on several fanfics so far, and have found myself enjoying them. So that's one way you can satisfy your hunger if you're willing to try it.

Unfortunately, however, I think that that fansite is the only remaining place on the internet with fresh Ever17 material that I've seen, and I don't think there's any more beyond that It's hard, I guess, when this game really is more or less just a cult classic with a fandom that is not as big as the fandoms for other big Visual Novels like Tsukihime, Fate Stay Night, KEY's works, and Higurashi or Umineko (granted, those are all exceptional VNs in their own right.) Oh well, we might as well enjoy what's left, right?
Spoiler:

As for the fanfics, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try that out sometime, though most likely limiting myself to the ones of Coco. And maybe Sara and family. <_<

Besides that... Well, a random trip to 2chan during Coco's birthday taught me that there definitely exists plenty of Ever17 stuff still unknown to this side of the world (some that might have been best left unseen >_>), but I believe Ever17 is more than a cult classic, even if its popularity over the years doesn't quite compare to those you listed. It's definitely still one of the most-celebrated VNs even today.
Old 2009-12-23, 22:42   Link #935
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Oh Eab, your love for Coco never gets old.
(Tsugumi>Coco)

So on the subject of Ever17 and Cure, is it mentioned/prominent in all games in the Infinity series?
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 22:46   Link #936
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Oh Eab, your love for Coco never gets old.
(Tsugumi>Coco)

So on the subject of Ever17 and Cure, is it mentioned/prominent in all games in the Infinity series?
While I haven't played it, I've heard that Cure is featured in Never7 as well, though to what extent I don't know. However, I don't think it's in Remember11 or 12Riven. Since Never7 came first, maybe there's more details about Cure's powers in there.
Old 2009-12-24, 00:09   Link #937
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Just started playing the game, messed around before following the Tsugumi route. Ended up getting the bad ending though >_< So now I'm trying for the Sara route with the FAQs advice
Old 2009-12-24, 07:17   Link #938
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hmm...is it just me or did most people get the Tsugumi-Sora Bad Ending on their first try in the game? I used GameFAQs the whole time, so I never had that problem (my first ending was Tsugumi's Good Ending) but did everyone else who didn't read the FAQs get the Bad Ending their first time?
Old 2009-12-24, 08:15   Link #939
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Hmm...is it just me or did most people get the Tsugumi-Sora Bad Ending on their first try in the game? I used GameFAQs the whole time, so I never had that problem (my first ending was Tsugumi's Good Ending) but did everyone else who didn't read the FAQs get the Bad Ending their first time?
Well it's kind of amusing how just a few 'mistakes' seems to cause bad ending.
Old 2009-12-24, 08:54   Link #940
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Well, yeah, I guess that's true. But even my first time, I only started using the guide about halfway through, and even then my mindset was "just pick options that involve being nice to Tsugumi or ignoring Sora". But yeah, when I went for the Bad Ending, I was surprised at how easy it could be to get it, so yeah, it is quite amusing.

Then again, the length of getting the Bad Ending was what frustrated me the most. Needless to say, the Kid's Bad Endings are pretty easy to get in a short period of time (you only have to say a certain choice wrong to get Sara's Bad Ending, for example.) You's is slightly harder to get, but not really.

Either way, good luck with Sara's path!

Tags
visual novel